Please sign this petition for Oceania to get its own beta servers

• + 1 please add servers for Oceania!

Votes: 232 66.9%
  • I don't Live in Australia so it doesn't affect me

Votes: 115 33.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We know there are a lot of players from the Oceania who would like to play, but unfortunately, we only have servers in EU and NA right now. We will definitely look into expanding into other regions at a later date, but for now, these are the only regions we support.
Think you forgot about China there buddy, you gave China a server even though in warband the Chinese community was a lot smaller than the Oceanic community, seems a bit odd to me.

43rd_Jimmy said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We know there are a lot of players from the Oceania who would like to play, but unfortunately, we only have servers in EU and NA right now. We will definitely look into expanding into other regions at a later date, but for now, these are the only regions we support.
Think you forgot about China there buddy, you gave China a server even though in warband the Chinese community was a lot smaller than the Oceanic community, seems a bit odd to me.

When I made the post, those were the only two regions we supported. We will continue to look into expanding to more regions throughout the course of the beta.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
43rd_Jimmy said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

When I made the post, those were the only two regions we supported. We will continue to look into expanding to more regions throughout the course of the beta.

Good to hear mate, I can promise you now if you roll out australian servers, we have the manpower to fill them!

43rd_Jimmy said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:

Hello bro! I'm Chinese player.

I hope the Australia or Oceania Server can be opened as soon as possible, with sincere wishes. :grin:

There are quite a few Chinese players. In the summer of 2019, We held a Warband Competitions.

A total of 22 teams took part. Each team has a dozen or twenty players.

Due to language and network delays, Chinese Warband players rarely communicate with other regions.

I'm gona be honest about this, i believe the Chinese community is way bigger then the Oceanic community. Language barrier is the greatest barrier between them actually being acknowledged.

Younes123 said:
I'm gona be honest about this, i believe the Chinese community is way bigger then the Oceanic community. Language barrier is the greatest barrier between them actually being acknowledged.

According to my personal observation. The presence of the CN server is indeed the result of Netease.

Taleworld said in an interview that netease will be responsible for the content of its servers in China after the launch of the game. But maybe not now.

Chinese players hate netease (for all kinds of reasons, even for no reason), they don't like the cooperation between Taleworld and Netease.

Now the fact that we got the server because of Netease.

Younes123 said:

Well I'm not sure about "way", but it is certainly bigger, if what Pi Dan said is accurate. China/Australia timezones overlap quite a bit, and most of the time the Chinese servers are quite unpopulated when I look at them.
Are Chinese servers in Warband on a separate server list or something?

Sundeki said:
Younes123 said:

Well I'm not sure about "way", but it is certainly bigger, if what Pi Dan said is accurate. China/Australia timezones overlap quite a bit, and most of the time the Chinese servers are quite unpopulated when I look at them.

They use a different kind of warband that has been approved by the chinese goverment. Its not published by taleworlds i believe and is hosted on their own seperate masterserver in China. Things like persistent world would be PW 4.5 but in China its 4.5.4 i believe for example.

Sundeki said:
Younes123 said:

Beijing time - UTC+8.  :grin:

Since August 20, Chinese players have about 600 keys in total.
(my intelligence tells me that Taleworld doesn't seem to release keys to Chinese players on the Taleworld site).

On a weekday night, around 20:30 Beijing time, the maximum number of players is about 12, and they distribute in matches and custom servers.

There will be a lot more people on weekends, about three times as many.

At the same time, due to the number of players, there will be some European players (maybe America, I'm not sure) to play games on the CN server at this time.

In the morning, noon and early morning, there are few players on Chinese servers.

Many players don't open the game after two or three games.

Maybe you have heard that the game is easy to collapse, there are various BUGs. And there are many players who just want to play on a Single Mode.

So when the player goes online and sees that there are 0 people in the server, he has no target to fight, so he has to choose to quit the game, a vicious circle.

I guess that's one of the reasons why European players (or Americans) come to the CN server, even if they have very high Ping.

I also went to EU Server because I didn't have any fighters on CN. The high Ping makes me feel uncomfortable.

Younes123 said:
Sundeki said:
Younes123 said:

They use a different kind of warband that has been approved by the chinese goverment. Its not published by taleworlds i believe and is hosted on their own seperate masterserver in China. Things like persistent world would be PW 4.5 but in China its 4.5.4 i believe for example.

I only played PW in 2013.

It seems that the PW in China has been revised.

It has changed so much that I don't know PW at all. I haven't played for six years...  I was shocked when I first heard about that people can save money in PW..

gompo said:
i'll give you a bunnings snag if you give us servers taleworlds

I don't think Callum understands how much a snag is worth

I understand why the Chinese government ban video games but what was in the original M&B that made it bad for chinese players

Younes123 said:
Sundeki said:
Alright, yeah. Thanks. That explains a lot.

Pi Dan 皮蛋 said:
Beijing time - UTC+8.  :grin:

Since August 20, Chinese players have about 600 keys in total.
(my intelligence tells me that Taleworld doesn't seem to release keys to Chinese players on the Taleworld site).

On a weekday night, around 20:30 Beijing time, the maximum number of players is about 12, and they distribute in matches and custom servers.
I was inquiring about Warband, since I don't have the Bannerlord Beta, and was looking at the Warband server list for Chinese Warband activity (there are CN servers on there), and I came to the wrong conclusion.

Dredd. said:
gompo said:
i'll give you a bunnings snag if you give us servers taleworlds

I don't think Callum understands how much a snag is worth

I understand why the Chinese government ban video games but what was in the original M&B that made it bad for chinese players
Probably red blood and skulls.

Sundeki said:
Younes123 said:
Sundeki said:
Alright, yeah. Thanks. That explains a lot.

Yeah if you open normal M&B, with any DLC or mod, you should be able to see a PW 4.5.4 server or two but they probably do have their own master server

yedrellow said:
One of the main problems is that unlike Europe, the OCE clan scene has died. Having a few months to prepare before release would let us rebuild our scene (which it desperately needs). Keeping new players engaged will need tournaments, leagues and so on. All that needs to be set up months before release, not after release. Mordhau is dying because of player retention issues, especially in OCE; it will take a monumental effort for OCE bannerlord on its current path to not suffer the same fate.

The OC community was self sustaining 60 person events right up until a couple of months ago. Considering the fact that our playerbase is admittedly substantially smaller that of EU or NA without the ability of players crossing over between these events due to timezone issues. I believe this is a strong representation of the commitment and nostalgia of Oceanic players right up until now, nearly 10 years after the game's initial full release.

I know that there are already clans/groups beginning to form in preparation for the early access release of Bannerlord next march. The community is my no means dead, the hype is in-fact contagious. A better word would be dormant and I believe past Warband players and the draw of Mount & Blade's renowned singleplayer campaign and related mods are certainly more than enough to surpass Mordhau and even Holdfast (which I'm sure many NW players remember as the flop it was in relation to melee and performance ) in the initial sales, providing a firm base for the multiplayer scene to accumulate more players and for all communities to expand.

Back
Top Bottom