• + 1 please add servers for Oceania!

Votes: 232 66.9%
  • I don't Live in Australia so it doesn't affect me

Votes: 115 33.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sundeki said:
vicwiz007 said:
I wonder, did anyone who marked their region as Australia/Oceania get in this wave? Speak up ye!

No, nobody got one. And none of us will until we get servers.

Unfortunately I think you might be right on this one. Considering our high ping, I get the feeling the devs won't really see much use in us until the latest stages of development. We could be waiting months before we get the chance to join in. Really unfortunate.  :sad:

pete99 said:
Sundeki said:
vicwiz007 said:
I wonder, did anyone who marked their region as Australia/Oceania get in this wave? Speak up ye!

Unfortunately I think you might be right on this one. Considering our high ping, I get the feeling the devs won't really see much use in us until the latest stages of development. We could be waiting months before we get the chance to join in. Really unfortunate.  :sad:

Unfortunately for them I don't mind playing on high ping xD

If their not going to support us now, we should have the right to host our own servers etc.

Sundeki said:
vicwiz007 said:

It's a shame, I have at least 1500 hours in singleplayer too but I put mp over sp in the application form. Guess it's waiting until March time :sad:

Sundeki said:
Count Delinard said:
Why? I've got a couple of friends living there and they have nothing but great things to say about it!

Just some inside Australian jokes. A lot of banter surrounds calling other cities/states **** for no real reason  :razz:. Cairns is probably a good place to live, if you can handle the heat and humidity, which is worse there than most other places.

I'm Australian and I've never heard of this particular practice before.

See it might be stuff like this why we don't get our own servers. Everyone thinks we're A-holes.  :smile:

Sundeki said:
vicwiz007 said:

Big F to our Aussie allies. If my brother, who has no interest in M&B gets invited, I will donate that key to the Oceanic cause. That is of course if I have already been invited, otherwise i take that and give you mine  :mrgreen:

Perhaps this wouldnt be 100% ethical, but imagine all the people who will get in that will hardly play or provide feedback. Much better someone who plays on 300 ping and provides feedback than doesnt play at all. I think you would still be able to evaluate the general feel of combat and balance of classes/factions.

yedrellow said:
It's a shame, I have at least 1500 hours in singleplayer too but I put mp over sp in the application form. Guess it's waiting until March time :sad:
Yeah, RIP. I put "Both" since ~20% of my hours are singleplayer, so I wonder how that will affect me.  But even with the Early Access in March, they said they won't even hand out the server files at the first part of the Early Access as well anyway. So is less like March and more like April/May before we can host our own servers, too. Probably the best that can be achieved is me staying here and keeping the issue alive on the forums over the next six months and they might eventually get around to giving us something, eventually.

Dredd. said:

If their not going to support us now, we should have the right to host our own servers etc.
Well we will eventually. But not any time soon.

Akarde said:

See it might be stuff like this why we don't get our own servers. Everyone thinks we're A-holes.  :smile:
Yeah it was funny. Back in 2010 I was in Mumble with a whole bunch of Warband people, and I started talking about how I got Potato Cakes from the fish and chip shop, and most of them had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently they're called Potato Scallops in most of the rest of Australia, and after that point everyone there whenever something was brought up about different states, they'd all start insulting each other about it. But I dunno. Maybe that stuff doesn't happen anymore after so many years. It was quite common back when I was a kid.(apparently im old as **** now, rip).

Anyway, I highly doubt TaleWorlds cares about our unusual culture. They, like everyone else, probably just thinks our community is too small to be self sustaining. All games companies make that mistake. And it takes decades of engagement with Australia to finally realize the reality.

vicwiz007 said:
Big F to our Aussie allies. If my brother, who has no interest in M&B gets invited, I will donate that key to the Oceanic cause. That is of course if I have already been invited, otherwise i take that and give you mine  :mrgreen:

Perhaps this wouldnt be 100% ethical, but imagine all the people who will get in that will hardly play or provide feedback. Much better someone who plays on 300 ping and provides feedback than doesnt play at all. I think you would still be able to evaluate the general feel of combat and balance of classes/factions.
I really appreciate this, buddy, but you'd be better off giving it to someone who will actually be able to both play and enjoy the game. I know I'll just be upset all the time with 300 ping. It's probably more productive to find someone from EU/US with lots of multiplayer hours to give it to, I wouldn't want to deprive another hardcore fan the opportunity to play the game when I'm both incapable of enjoying it and incapable of really testing the game mechanics. Thanks for the thought, anyway.
edit: of course I'm only talking for myself, here.

Akarde said:

We've a culture for trash talk. State differences are very small, but any perceived difference is just an excuse to fling words at somebody else.
Most standard thing I've heard is non-Victorians having a distaste for Victorians. But it is generally nothing based on reality.

vicwiz007 said:

I'm sure you can find somebody without the pain of high ping to test. Which is a far better idea. There is nothing fundamentally better or different about the opinions we could bring to the table. Or just work on convincing your brother to actually play might be worthwhile.

I am very thirsty for the beta but I understand that I don't have any specific entitlement to participate. I can wait. The only regret is the inability to give feedback at this stage. But given their stated beta wave strategy, it seems likely that they're primarily addressing technical concerns at the moment. Over time, when more people are participating, and hopefully they'll have set up an official Oceanic and South American server or two is probably when they'll be more directly looking for feedback as opposed to performance data.

Dredd. said:

I think the bottom line is that dedicated server kits aren't available. It isn't an issue of rights but rather just the way things are. And I think it is questionable to say that anyone has a right to beta participation. I think that official servers for all regions should eventually be available at EA or at a later more open stage of the beta.

+1
Greetings and salutations fellow Australian Mount and Blade: Warband supporters it is i Dimos the King Of Calradia! One of the remaining Protectorates of the Australian Competitive Warband community.

TaleWorlds Entertainment this is a message to you please read it carefully as my words are the thoughts and feelings of many of the Australian Warband community. Roughly 8-9 years ago I and many other Australian computer gamers found your game on steam and with later generations also picking up the game because of us telling them about it. We the Australian Warband Community loved your game! We even told New Zealanders about it because they didn't have the internet at the time and because of your game New Zealand now has the internet which allows them to play Mount and Blade: Warband. Your game is fantastic not many bad things can be said about it honestly you did a great job great job Taleworlds thanks!

10 Years have gone by after countless support From the Australian community. We have had roughly Three Large communitys and about another Three put time and effort into supporting the game that you made. We are not few we are many don't mistake us for some insignificant few. We have had content creators in our community make some of the most successful mods in your modding section. One of those people being Lazlo the initial and founding developer for Persistent worlds.

We understand what game developers go through when making a game we know there are problems along the way. We know that relationships get broken within tale worlds studio and all that kind of stuff and you gotta let go of some of your devs etc. Yes we know we also are humans we think we eat we excrete and we urinate just like you...The Australian Warband Communinity - Countless times which I can support and with no contemplation provide instances for if asked. Told you what we want from the next instalment of the game. We have told you about our ideas for Bannerlords. We have voiced support even when we were frustrated and felt like we were not being heard.

TaleWorlds Entertainment developers The Australian Warband community feels left out and betrayed!.... After nearly 10 years, you favour other Regions over us???? entirely leaving us out of the picture when it comes to early access and sneak peek keys. Hello??? we have people that want to give you feedback here ... People that want to host communities and competitive environments. Taleworlds my dear friend before Mount and Blade: Warband existed it was the Australian community that furiously voiced its opinion in support of a multiplayer aspect of the game Mount and Blade. The game we know as Warband.

Taleworlds why are you spitting in our faces??? Why are you treating us like we don't exist? I have seen your game develop from very early on and still support it. Taleworlds please do not spit in the Australian Warband communities face. we are next to fed up. So I'm going to tell you what many of us want. We want! Equal affiliation for the Australian community and polls that the devs put up so we can give our ideas! And even more, opportunities to have our opinions voiced for the next instalment of banner lords. We are not a minority we are fewer with great influence than the rest. Think back to Leonidas of Sparta one of the Greatest Game developers of all time. He laid the foundations for Computer game as we know them today and he is a reference to many of them. Yet he, the other city-states and his men were few and had to fight against hordes of invaders while thinking up ideas for computer games and they had no computers either! Taleworlds we want Bannerlords to have next to the exact same fighting mechanics as Warband with improved graphics because its the next instalment! Yes, that's what we want the people that play your game no ifs and maybe's Do it!

We want siege warfare on a level that has not been seen from games of this genre you are pioners or maybe the developers who get referenced to games of this genre the most! This is what we want we are counting on you!

We want co-op for the main singleplayer campaign!

I could go on and on but I'm sure you have seen and heard what we want. Ultimately we are sick of getting left out. Please, Taleworlds do the right thing by us! We only want to see a successful game that is nostalgic for many years after its release and original like the devs that made it please do not show favouritism towards other regions and please do not take decisions purely for financial gain that will make the game sloppy and un - warbandish. It has been nearly 10 years Taleworlds... We can wait a little longer and I mean a little..... But as I said above what has been said here is the Thoughts, Feelings, Frustration of many of the Australian Warband community please stop spitting at us and give us a Working, Functional, Competitive Video game that we can support and enjoy for another 10 years. We are counting on you. Yours truly Dimos The King Of Calradia!

One of the main problems is that unlike Europe, the OCE clan scene has died. Having a few months to prepare before release would let us rebuild our scene (which it desperately needs). Keeping new players engaged will need tournaments, leagues and so on. All that needs to be set up months before release, not after release. Mordhau is dying because of player retention issues, especially in OCE; it will take a monumental effort for OCE bannerlord on its current path to not suffer the same fate.

Vaim said:
+1
Greetings and salutations fellow Australian Mount and Blade: Warband supporters it is i Dimos the King Of Calradia! One of the remaining Protectorates of the Australian Competitive Warband community.

TaleWorlds Entertainment this is a message to you please read it carefully as my words are the thoughts and feelings of many of the Australian Warband community. Roughly 8-9 years ago I and many other Australian computer gamers found your game on steam and with later generations also picking up the game because of us telling them about it. We the Australian Warband Community loved your game! We even told New Zealanders about it because they didn't have the internet at the time and because of your game New Zealand now has the internet which allows them to play Mount and Blade: Warband. Your game is fantastic not many bad things can be said about it honestly you did a great job great job Taleworlds thanks!

10 Years have gone by after countless support From the Australian community. We have had roughly Three Large communitys and about another Three put time and effort into supporting the game that you made. We are not few we are many don't mistake us for some insignificant few. We have had content creators in our community make some of the most successful mods in your modding section. One of those people being Lazlo the initial and founding developer for Persistent worlds.

We understand what game developers go through when making a game we know there are problems along the way. We know that relationships get broken within tale worlds studio and all that kind of stuff and you gotta let go of some of your devs etc. Yes we know we also are humans we think we eat we excrete and we urinate just like you...The Australian Warband Communinity - Countless times which I can support and with no contemplation provide instances for if asked. Told you what we want from the next instalment of the game. We have told you about our ideas for Bannerlords. We have voiced support even when we were frustrated and felt like we were not being heard.

TaleWorlds Entertainment developers The Australian Warband community feels left out and betrayed!.... After nearly 10 years, you favour other Regions over us???? entirely leaving us out of the picture when it comes to early access and sneak peek keys. Hello??? we have people that want to give you feedback here ... People that want to host communities and competitive environments. Taleworlds my dear friend before Mount and Blade: Warband existed it was the Australian community that furiously voiced its opinion in support of a multiplayer aspect of the game Mount and Blade. The game we know as Warband.

Taleworlds why are you spitting in our faces??? Why are you treating us like we don't exist? I have seen your game develop from very early on and still support it. Taleworlds please do not spit in the Australian Warband communities face. we are next to fed up. So I'm going to tell you what many of us want. We want! Equal affiliation for the Australian community and polls that the devs put up so we can give our ideas! And even more, opportunities to have our opinions voiced for the next instalment of banner lords. We are not a minority we are fewer with great influence than the rest. Think back to Leonidas of Sparta one of the Greatest Game developers of all time. He laid the foundations for Computer game as we know them today and he is a reference to many of them. Yet he, the other city-states and his men were few and had to fight against hordes of invaders while thinking up ideas for computer games and they had no computers either! Taleworlds we want Bannerlords to have next to the exact same fighting mechanics as Warband with improved graphics because its the next instalment! Yes, that's what we want the people that play your game no ifs and maybe's Do it!

We want siege warfare on a level that has not been seen from games of this genre you are pioners or maybe the developers who get referenced to games of this genre the most! This is what we want we are counting on you!

I could go on and on but I'm sure you have seen and heard what we want. Ultimately we are sick of getting left out. Please, Taleworlds do the right thing by us! We only want to see a successful game that is nostalgic for many years after its release and original like the devs that made it please do not show favouritism towards other regions and please do not take decisions purely for financial gain that will make the game sloppy and un - warbandish. It has been nearly 10 years Taleworlds... We can wait a little longer and I mean a little..... But as I said above what has been said here is the Thoughts, Feelings, Frustration of many of the Australian Warband community please stop spitting at us and give us a Working, Functional, Competitive Video game that we can support and enjoy for another 10 years. We are counting on you. Yours truly Dimos The King Of Calradia!

It's still pretty early in the beta testing, so it makes sense to start off with Europe and NA, as they have a bigger player base and are closer to Turkey. I'm sure we'll get our chance to test the game later on when they expand the beta to other countries.

Bodrick said:
Vaim said:
+1

It's still pretty early in the beta testing, so it makes sense to start off with Europe and NA, as they have a bigger player base and are closer to Turkey. I'm sure we'll get our chance to test the game later on when they expand the beta to other countries.

It's understandable that the EU and NA players get servers and keys first as they have very large player bases but that shouldn't stop a single Oceanic Server from going up. Tons of players from Australia and New Zealand have put thousands upon thousands of hours into the game and have actively shown to be great supporters of the game and Taleworlds. It's perfectly understandable that their not handing out keys to OCE players but I don't want to sit around while EU and NA players gain hundreds of hours just for being in those regions. Lots of Australian and New Zealander veterans are making plans to create clans, revive old ones and to do events, it would be great to have keys so the Oceanic Bannerlord community can have a healthy head start.

Vaim said:
+1

Holy hell you could certainly stand to get over yourself, just a little bit. You could also do with removing a lot of "we"s, I personally do not want you speaking on my behalf.
God knows where you pulled that fairy tale about New Zealand internet from.

Just attempt to analyze the problem with the information you have been clearly given. They have stated that they're inviting people in waves in order to test and optimize for different hardware. Even if there was an Oceanic server, the number of people who have signed up, divided by how many people actually have the hardware they want to test at any given time, further divided by the fact that you can't count on literally every signup to test the game for a meaningful length of time and at the end you're left with a number that wouldn't even get close to filling a server. So it is silly to expect for Taleworlds to pay for one under those circumstances.

I would like there to be an Oceania server, I'd like a key and I'd love to supply feedback. But I understand why things are as they are. You've been patient for long enough, eventually the beta will likely move away from a focus on optimization to the point that they need a larger volume of players to address the gameplay more directly. That is the point that there probably will be an Oceanic (and South American) server.

Sure, you are somewhat correct in saying that we are left out, and that sucks. But the problem doesn't allow for everyone to be treated equally. The only way to get what you want is for us to receive special treatment. Which equally wouldn't be fair.

Also, it isn't particularly constructive to throw around additional demands in a thread about a specific issue.

Back
Top Bottom