SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

secretstamos said:
Sounds promising.

I've pretty much finished all the Kingdom of Jerusalem uniforms. I'm finishing up the various shield types and the remaining flags.

1. The one thing giving me trouble is the King of Jerusalem armor. It is simply too complex and detailed. I can think of a solution, but it will involve redoing a lot of things by hand.

2. Hospitallers? You mentioned them before. Which texture files did you need converted from red to black?
1. If you can remake them good. If not no problem.
2. All of them if possible. There's details in the red armors that aren't present in the black ones.

I finished the Jerusalem King set, though the mesh seems to have some issues? Usually it's fine but a few times it glitched out pretty hard.

From comparing the hospitaller sets, I'm not sure it's worth the large effort to convert the red sets to black. The detail differences are pretty minor on closer inspection.

secretstamos said:
I finished the Jerusalem King set, though the mesh seems to have some issues? Usually it's fine but a few times it glitched out pretty hard.

From comparing the hospitaller sets, I'm not sure it's worth the large effort to convert the red sets to black. The detail differences are pretty minor on closer inspection.
If you don't manage to make it work no problem. About the hospitaller sets, can you at least do the grand master armor and horse?

Sure, since the Grandmaster set doesn't have a black counterpart? I'll throw that in with the Jerusalem stuff. I'm starting to wind down at this point, just about dine.

https://megaupload.nz/ba2fw4k5bd/Jerusalem_zip
Here it is, the white/gold Kingdom of Jerusalem retexture  :party:

Minor thing with Alexander IV (he's the guy in the middle, me on the right)..

img-Pope-Alexander-IV.jpg

3F4554B195756ED85BCEB2AEE61C2ACC449CA617
He could probably look a little more like Alexander IV (both facial-wise and gear-wise). I'm standing in front of him trying to be a more accurate rendition.
Right now he looks like my uncle in heavy armor. A beard and the papal robes from the Crusader OSP might help.

I came across this. Wow would this be cool for big battles.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=344460.0

secretstamos said:

I agree, this would be pretty nice damn nice.

Speaking of which, there was a mod called Tainted Paths that even had Battering rams which is something sorely missing from Warband. Would that be something worth adding as well?

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6206/

6206-1518733191-907923961.jpeg

And this is probably just out of curiosity (because I know you have your hands already super full), but how hard would it be to implement the decapitate and dismember mod? I know the 4chan anon had it in plans for modded2x, but since he gave up halfway through when importing  items, it never came to fruition.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3942

Looks cool but only for siege in my opinion: sieges engines of the time weren't used on open field battles, this kind of use only really started with the artilery with fire by the mid XVe century.

Here are few WIP for somes new uniques historical scenes for France i am working on.

Town of Bordeaux
Overview of the town
1541264481-20181103175025-1.jpg

View on the new market town of "La Rouselle" most dynamic  part of the city at the time. Only this part of the town will be accessible.
1541264558-20181103175114-1.jpg

Town of Toulouse

1541264571-20181103175419-1.jpg

1541265452-20181103175401-1.jpg

South side of the city with the "Narbonnaise" gate, Castle, and watermill on the far left.

Town of Nantes
1541264585-20181103175634-1.jpg

View of the north-east of the city with the early castle of Dukes of Brittany.

It takes times because i try to get close as possible to historicals sources, (with few adjustment due to warband engine of course).

Almost finishing v2.1. Only things left to do is the new shields and weapon stats.
secretstamos said:

https://megaupload.nz/ba2fw4k5bd/Jerusalem_zip
Here it is, the white/gold Kingdom of Jerusalem retexture  :party:

Minor thing with Alexander IV (he's the guy in the middle, me on the right)..

img-Pope-Alexander-IV.jpg

3F4554B195756ED85BCEB2AEE61C2ACC449CA617
He could probably look a little more like Alexander IV (both facial-wise and gear-wise). I'm standing in front of him trying to be a more accurate rendition.
Right now he looks like my uncle in heavy armor. A beard and the papal robes from the Crusader OSP might help.

1. Tested and its working as intended. Thank you. As soon as i release v2.1 i add your name to the dev list.
2. Can you post the facecode for your character here? He looks like the pope in the drawing.
3. Maybe in next version after v2.1. I have to polish things more.

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
secretstamos said:

I agree, this would be pretty nice damn nice.

Speaking of which, there was a mod called Tainted Paths that even had Battering rams which is something sorely missing from Warband. Would that be something worth adding as well?

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6206/

6206-1518733191-907923961.jpeg

And this is probably just out of curiosity (because I know you have your hands already super full), but how hard would it be to implement the decapitate and dismember mod? I know the 4chan anon had it in plans for modded2x, but since he gave up halfway through when importing  items, it never came to fruition.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3942
1. Unless someone agrees to do this for me i don't see it becoming a reality. Most of the siege scenes would need to be redone.
2. Medieval Conquests does this so it's possible. Maybe in next version after v2.1.

Caractacus said:

Looks cool but only for siege in my opinion: sieges engines of the time weren't used on open field battles, this kind of use only really started with the artilery with fire by the mid XVe century.

Here are few WIP for somes new uniques historical scenes for France i am working on.

Town of Bordeaux
Overview of the town
1541264481-20181103175025-1.jpg

View on the new market town of "La Rouselle" most dynamic  part of the city at the time. Only this part of the town will be accessible.
1541264558-20181103175114-1.jpg

Town of Toulouse
1541264571-20181103175419-1.jpg

1541265452-20181103175401-1.jpg
South side of the city with the "Narbonnaise" gate, Castle, and watermill on the far left.

Town of Nantes
1541264585-20181103175634-1.jpg
View of the north-east of the city with the early castle of Dukes of Brittany.

It takes times because i try to get close as possible to historicals sources, (with few adjustment due to warband engine of course).
Keep up the good work! They are looking great  :grin:.

Separate. You don't need 1257 for this, it's all self contained.

Can you assaaainate lords in your own faction? If you're the heir, does that mean you assume control?

I noticed the heir for some factions (Papal States) is listed as a Queen as a male. Made me laugh, I'd expect it to be Bishop or something.

Actually looking at it again, to convert the Red Hospitallers to three existing Black Hospitallers isn't a lot of effort since it's only three horses and three knight outfits.

However, they're going to look suspiciously like the Black Hospitaller sets. Maybe ir would be better to make each of the three knights into a lesser knight order?

Can you make any sense of why there are knight sets from OSP using sergeant colors? Examples of this include Black/Red Templar knights and Grey Teutonic knights. Historically these colors were reserved for non-knights (sergeants and the like). What are your plans for these sets?

KratosMKII said:
2. Can you post the facecode for your character here? He looks like the pope in the drawing.
face_key_1 = fc0001312
face_key_2 = 8ac678107001

I used the red bishop robes from the OSP, a white arming hat, and a simple mace for a weapon.

secretstamos said:
Separate. You don't need 1257 for this, it's all self contained.

Can you assaaainate lords in your own faction? If you're the heir, does that mean you assume control?

I noticed the heir for some factions (Papal States) is listed as a Queen as a male. Made me laugh, I'd expect it to be Bishop or something.

Actually looking at it again, to convert the Red Hospitallers to three existing Black Hospitallers isn't a lot of effort since it's only three horses and three knight outfits.

However, they're going to look suspiciously like the Black Hospitaller sets. Maybe ir would be better to make each of the three knights into a lesser knight order?

Can you make any sense of why there are knight sets from OSP using sergeant colors? Examples of this include Black/Red Templar knights and Grey Teutonic knights. Historically these colors were reserved for non-knights (sergeants and the like). What are your plans for these sets?
1. Yes. In the moment there's no advanced succession system so the lord with the highest renown becomes the new king.
2. Well all the other knight armors from the other subfactions like Antioch or Ibelin are pretty similar (even more similar than the hospitaller sets). I don't think a lesser order would fit in the setting.
3. I don't know why they made this way. Maybe because they're wanted more variety? I don't have any plans for them because i don't know anything about editing textures.

secretstamos said:
KratosMKII said:
face_key_1 = fc0001312
face_key_2 = 8ac678107001

I used the red bishop robes from the OSP, a white arming hat, and a simple mace for a weapon.
That facecode doesn't seem to be correct. It must be a large number like this:
0x0000000ec000300e1ab12a28a86ab45100000000001cc0e50000000000000000

I meant "lesser order" as in they could be potentially used for the minor knight orders you can invite to your manor. Like the Order of St. Lazarus and the Order of the Holy Sculpture. They already have their own gear, but it doesn't look as nice as the stuff from the OSP.

I'll edit them to whatever you think is best though. Would you like me to make them black/white hospitallers?

How are newly generated lords prefix titles (Lord, Emir, ect) and equipment determined? Is it determinate by culture?

secretstamos said:
I meant "lesser order" as in they could be potentially used for the minor knight orders you can invite to your manor. Like the Order of St. Lazarus and the Order of the Holy Sculpture. They already have their own gear, but it doesn't look as nice as the stuff from the OSP.

I'll edit them to whatever you think is best though. Would you like me to make them black/white hospitallers?

How are newly generated lords prefix titles (Lord, Emir, ect) and equipment determined? Is it determinate by culture?
1. I added two new surcoat textures to Calatrava and Santiago (they are from the modded 2x 1257 mod). You can do some texture work on the CWE armors if you think that the minor orders are really lacking the variety the bigger orders have.
Yes i would like them to be retextured to a black color.

2. By culture. Some factions have access to different lord cultures. E.g. HRE may get a western european lord (70% chance), nordic (10% chance), teutonic (13%) or hospitaller (7%). HRE western european, teutonic and hospitaller have greater chance of getting a german name, while nordic will obviously get a nordic name.

secretstamos said:
Pope Alexander IV:
0x0000000fc000131200008ac67810700100000000001dc8830000000000000000

Here's what it looks like:
B_Alexander_IV.jpg

DA116A0DBBEEC92FCC91250AABA3C63E1F80D7F6
Thank you. I added it.

Understood, I'll convert the red hospitaller outfits to black ones.

What type of lords are recruited if the player faction has a custom culture? Would it default to another culture? Or would the player culture determine some factors? (like lord gear pulled from their CTT?)

Back
Top Bottom