[WNL6] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guaccmoleboy said:
Frosty battle could be decent if you block off the hills. It might be worth using this time before the tournament starts to make an investment in the scene and start revamping old maps. Could make some community livestreams where the chat can suggest changes to the map editor etc. Vendetta, Desert Town, Deso Valley and Frosty are all decent maps at their core and some minor changes can really help improve them and add more depth to the competitive scene.

all good maps for na not eu

Firunien said:
I think there should have been map submissions, there is new good maps popping up once in a while :smile:
We're aiming to get this tournament started in less than 10 days, so unfortunately there is not enough time for map submissions, map testing, or map edits (unless anybody has some really obvious improvements with quick and simple fixes). Desolation Valley is tried and true with no issues beyond faction imbalance, which is already present for Rhodoks on basically any open map anyway. As Scar said we wanted to get away from the death of open maps, which are something that makes Warband unique.

Didn't know where to post this.

All those interested in testing out the map or playing scrims on it with your team, Desollation Valley is now installed in all WSC servers(FR and DE ones).

Thanks to Oliveran providing the module. You can download it here.

I think people used to hate Frosty Battle for a reason. With a few tweaks (cough cough remove hills cough cough) it'd be great. I always liked it in that way.

In my opinion, it is really boring to play only these maps every time and don't feel something fresh.

I'd like offer you to check some of my maps, specially made for Rookie Competitions. You may feel simplicity, but because these maps was aimed, firstly, for 5x5-matches. That is why, we may edit them a bit or a lot.

My maps are: «Separation Anxiety», «Nefoca», «Ateshli» and «Rich Desert Town». If you interested in it at least a little, then I will edit them in earnest and specially for «8x8».

Nexoner said:
As OGL explained, unfortunately we didn't have enough have time for map testing for this tournament, it's definitely something we'll try to do next time. Regardless, thanks for your offer.

As you might have noticed, I've tried to declutter this thread a little. For more map discussion, please use the map voting thread. :smile:

Ok. We have heard enough of "save the old open maps" story. If you want to keep the open maps as they were, why not defend the "old closed maps" without having open areas for cavs? I see that you put Nord Town on directly on the map list, that is fine and keep your arguement consistent. But the reason sandi is put on the vote list should be explained since it is totally against the arguement you stated.

YOU: admin team

Guy Fawkes said:
Ok. We have heard enough of "save the old open maps" story. If you want to keep the open maps as they were, why not defend the "old closed maps" without having open areas for cavs? I see that you put Nord Town on directly on the map list, that is fine and keep your arguement consistent. But the reason sandi is put on the vote list should be explained since it is totally against the arguement you stated.

YOU: admin team
Simply because there was an argument in the admin team that San'di'boush is horribly overplayed and might bore most teams.

I think Sandi'boush gained iconic status years ago because the entire community loved it. If people are voting for Naval Outpost, doesn't that mean that there will only be one 'true' closed map which is Nord Town? and there will be more Mixed/Open?, I mean, I think a lot of people enjoy Sandi'boush but if a team doesn't have a strong infantry core, then they'll easily just vote Naval. Correct me if I'm wrong but in a couple tournaments, they've put Verloren in the mixed category?. I think maps should be Closed or Open and not Closed/Mixed and Open otherwise the teams with a strong cavalry core will have the upper hand, even with the 4 inf setups.

Fietta said:
I think Sandi'boush gained iconic status years ago because the entire community loved it. If people are voting for Naval Outpost, doesn't that mean that there will only be one 'true' closed map which is Nord Town? and there will be more Mixed/Open?, I mean, I think a lot of people enjoy Sandi'boush but if a team doesn't have a strong infantry core, then they'll easily just vote Naval. Correct me if I'm wrong but in a couple tournaments, they've put Verloren in the mixed category?. I think maps should be Closed or Open and not Closed/Mixed and Open otherwise the teams with a strong cavalry core will have the upper hand.
Iconic status has nothing to do with being overplayed, and I remember well that quite a few people kept pointing out that the gameplay on San'di'boush was stale and became boring. As for your second point, in the eyes of the admin team Fort of Honour, Nord Town and Verloren are all "true" closed maps. Anyone who put Verloren down as a mixed map is just wrong in my opinion. Maps like Mountain Fortress and Reveran Village can be regarded as mixed maps, so our map pool at the moment contains 3 true closed map, 3 true open maps and 2 mixed maps.

Yes, we do have closed and mixed, however, you've placed the mixed onto the closed category. This means that you'll easily be playing a Mixed and Open but not Closed and Mixed. Reveran is Open. If Naval wins the vote then we'd be playing more mixed than closed. I'm also sure that people would love to see Sandi'boush and Naval in the map pool but currently, I believe it's down to team setups instead of what they actually want. This is just a suggestion, if you don't agree with it fine, I'll leave it here.

Fietta said:
Yes we do have closed and mixed, however, you've placed the mixed onto the closed category. This means that you'll easily be playing a Mixed and Open but not Closed and Mixed. Reveran is Open.
We have placed the mixed on both closed and open. Reveran Village is listed as an open map, not a closed map.

This doesn't clarify the inconsistency on the decision you made. Since FbtR is a map that been played consistenly and might be boring to many teams according to your arguement, so why do you have that map in but not sandi?

Guy Fawkes said:
This doesn't clarify the inconsistency on the decision you made. Since FbtR is a map that been played consistenly and might be boring to many teams according to your arguement, so why do you have that map in but not sandi?
Hardly an inconsistency because we didn't hear people complain about FbtR to the same extend as about San'di'boush. As I've outlined in my posts directed towards Fietta, the admin team chose 3 "true" closed/open maps, with one mixed map for each category, and gave the final decision over the maps to the community. Therefore, in my opinion, we have been pretty consistent with our choices.

I think 9999999% of the community hate the idea of that map called something like 'Desolation Valley'. The only people who don't complain about FBTR are teams who field 3 archers (hello SRC).

Fietta said:
I think 9999999% of the community hate the idea of that map called something like 'Desolation Valley'. The only people who don't complain about FBTR are teams who field 3 archers (hello SRC).
Desolation Valley is indeed the only bold choice we made this season in terms of maps. As we've already said, we would like to give the map a final chance after the unfortunate faction setups in WNL5. As for FbtR, that is not what I've heard, and to be honest, you are running in a trap here: You can't blame people for not chosing San'di'boush because they don't have a strong infantry core and then reject FbtR because you can't field three rangers. I'm confident with the current map pool we have a diversity in the maps that will reward adaptability and versatility.

Guy Fawkes said:
Who are the people that make complains that admin team care? I would be more satisfied with an answer like "we just did because we would like to play those".
I'm sure you would be, Napoleon, but I'm not going to give you that answer because it's wrong. As you can see from the map vote, Apis Europae would like to play San'di'boush just like your team.

Maps like FBTR and Desolation Valley were scrapped because they were so widely hated and unbalanced. Tournaments use Castellum and Sandi'boush because they work well and never get scrapped. I think the difference is that you're bringing open maps back in but they're not enjoyable to play by almost anyone and that's why they were bunned off. I know you're trying to get these open maps going in, but with the not so new now map mod and timer and ****, you spawn and run to flag anyways.

If I recall correctly, there was some massive argument about open maps, this then leads to creating a new mod which made rounds quicker and made competitive much quicker than usual, this got rid of all the open maps and people were happy with that idea. Mixed maps and closed were how we wanted Warband to progress into bannerlord. No one enjoys watching open map fights, they're annoying and is based on 'Who can engage the infantry the fastest'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom