[WNL6] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should top teams have a handicap? I don't really understand this, there always was and will be a gap between lower tier teams and the higher tier teams. You think you can't beat any of the 4 you listed? Well... then you won't, if you don't believe in your team and you aren't trying the best you can, you can hardly win. It's not just skill, there are so many factors influencing the matches... If you just "predict" top 4 teams and basically give up before the tourney starts, why are you even signing up? It's all about team spirit and people, a big part of every competitive sport/esport is about mental state, it's not just "skill". So just freaking go for it and don't cry here that they should straightly start off the semifinals.

Namaste.

Keller said:
I don't really understand the problem? Top teams should not be allowed to play?  :shock:
๖Kern said:
Why should top teams have a handicap? I don't really understand this, there always was and will be a gap between lower tier teams and the higher tier teams. You think you can't beat any of the 4 you listed? Well... then you won't, if you don't believe in your team and you aren't trying the best you can, you can hardly win. It's not just skill, there are so many factors influencing the matches... If you just "predict" top 4 teams and basically give up before the tourney starts, why are you even signing up? It's all about team spirit and people, a big part of every competitive sport/esport is about mental state, it's not just "skill". So just freaking go for it and don't cry here that they should straightly start off the semifinals.

Namaste.
Firunien said:
He made a joke

Grand finals just finished, CCC beat DoF in a close final, 9-8. Some say Aeronwen got 7 kills in a round, as cav!

AE, Unity, SRC, GP and FT all got knocked out in the groupstages.

Ggs.

@Nexoner - I was planning on running an ECL for smaller teams alongside the proposed Bladecast tournament. After that got delayed I decided it would be best to run a WNL as it's the most inclusive tournament and should offer competitive matches for every level.

Oliveran said:
Grand finals just finished, CCC beat DoF in a close final, 9-8. Some say Aeronwen got 7 kills in a round, as cav!

AE, Unity, SRC, GP and FT all got knocked out in the groupstages.

Ggs.
Great tourney, thanks for hosting it and congratz to CCC!

The only sad part about this tournament is that Korwinboys aren't participating, and we can't have another derby for the last place in the ladder.

Top teams have players who play every days since 7 years for some guys... yes i have sell my life and soul to Warband, that's like give handicap to Rafael Nadal because he almost won every tournaments

Paulo said:
Top teams have players who play every days since 7 years for some guys... yes i have sell my life and soul to Warband, that's like give handicap to Rafael Nadal because he almost won every tournaments

So I am not the only one who gave away his soul?.. :dead:

Its a fairly common practice in the football leagues to be honest. Perhaps with this many teams signing up you could make it a top 8 knockout.

Or make the ladder mean more and make it a top 5 ^^

1st - Instantly into the final
2nd-5th playoffs for the last final spot.

Not for this tourney obviously but in the future maybe there's a way to make a handicap system work.

Stomps are boring for both teams, which is why many sports do have some sort of handicap event.  I think it's mostly single payer sports though and I am not sure how well it would translate to teams in Warband.

Having a higher handicap is a formal recognition of higher skill and is therefore more prestigious. 

Rules said:
§ 4 Ladder Stage Format

(4) Teams will be automatically matched to opponents based on the following criteria: Starting from the bottom of the table, teams on the same points will be selected, with the highest placed team matched against the lowest placed team, the second highest against the second lowest, and so on. Any remaining team is then matched with the team immediately above them that hasn't been matched yet. Then the fixture selection moves to the next set of points, until no team is left.

Just noticed this rule and I see one problem with starting from the bottom. Currently, the league consists of an odd number of teams, so starting from the bottom will result in one of the top placed teams getting a default win. It might be better to start from the top, as giving one of the lower placed teams a default has less of an impact than giving one of the higher placed teams a default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom