Bug and Error Reporting Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Servitor said:
:>  As I was typing just now, I have the same problem. And yes, if you are losing everything from you inventory without specific reasons, it's a bug. It's making the mod a bit on the unplayable side, especially for the merchants. Harr! Let's hope that Markus will bring out the bug-basher soon. Gah! The mod is too awesome. To think I only looked at it today makes me wanna hit something.

Yes, i was having so much fun i didn't even notice, and i figured the party going hungry every 2 minutes even tho have stacks of food was something normal...maybe the vikings ate soo much. But what got my attention was the quests to collect money, i kept loosing 1000's of silver, even as much as 5000. So i played close attension to the inventory and watched every 30 seconds, and stuff just disappears. I hope this gets fixed soon, because i cant play with my inventory getting lost all the time, the collect taxes and debt quests are unplayable.

I'm completely at a loss to the inventory/money disappearing bug. I don't where to start fixing it. Has anybody experienced anything similar in other mods?

Did anyone experience it only AFTER installing the patch?

Chechen! said:
Im not sure its a bug, but i joind the mercar or whatever they are called :razz:
But the probrlem is that i cant upgrade men after they are mecran vetran fydan...  :???:

That's because you can't.

Veteran Fyrdman are the highest point on the troop tree. If you want 'noble' saxon troops, you have to hire them from the Reeves in the Taverns of Saxon towns.

scottishclaymore said:
I can't seem to load the mod at all... It gets about a fifth of the way through loading the INI file, when an error message pops up saying, "get_object failed for texture:"

Anybody know what the problem is?

You've used some of the textures from the mod in your M&B Native folder.

The first rule of moding Native is to NEVER mod the Native file directly. Make a copy and THEN add the new stuff.

All mods draw resources from the native module, so if you start messing with it, you reduce compatibility with any mods you might install.

To fix your problem you need a clean install of M&B 0.903.

The disappearing inventory and money only appeared after the patch was installed. I think it usually happened as an in game day ended but I don't remember and have not bothered to recreate it as of yet. I had started a new game and imported a character I was using (have no idea if that caused it) ... and after a day or two inventory and money disappeared and a day or two later it happened again. I have no modding experience but hopefully some info helps.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I can confirm enakkram's saying that it began after the patch. That might lessen the hunt for it. And to answer you question.

No.

I have never had anything freaking like it before. I am at a loss as well. Do you have any inventory changing script at all? Or might it be that the towns/castles/villages are seen as parties as well? (Meaning that when you leave, it counts as a loss, therefor losing your items and gold) .... This is what I thought at the beginning, but you also lose it in the middle of the wilderness and you lose all your items...

Well, Very best of luck to you in fixing it. I am going on a weekend-trip now. Games convention in Germany. Top of a castle, got to climb 500+ freaking stair-steps. >.<
Servitor

Couldn't resist the urge to try and recreate the bug. As far as I can see, The first day I lost my stuff at evening, the next day I lost my inventory stuff in the afternoon-dusk. After that it took me 2 days to see it again, at evening. It isn't much, but that and the fact that I did not have it before the patch should lessen your hunt a bit more. I tried this for 2 days, and both times all my items disappeared at evening. I had 120 gold the first time, first disapperation costs me 110 gold. Leaving me with 10 left. Next disapperation left me 8. Meaning I lost 2. I don't see no regulation in 110 and 2.

I hope this helps, And again the very best of luck to you in fixing this.  :eek:
Servitor

Heh,

You replied before I could do so much as post my edit. I will download this beast 1.1 when I get back I think. +2 Point for you if you fixed it this soon.

Servitor

Hmm.

I've been playtesting my version for several hours with no inventory bug.

I've got a funny feeling that it has something to do with the process involved in patching the game. Instead of exporting all files from source at once, it simply replaces a few. Might be the reason for the bug.

I'll upload a Version 1.1 of the entire mod to the repository. Once it's up, download and do a fresh install of the mod.

Heh,

You replied before I could do so much as post my edit. I will download this beast 1.1 when I get back I think. +2 Point for you if you fixed it this soon.

Servitor

I'm also getting the disappearing money and items in inventory now that 1.1 is installed.
I can't seem to find heads and tails in it. It just happens randomly...
Markus II said:
I've got a funny feeling that it has something to do with the process involved in patching the game.
Instead of exporting all files from source at once, it simply replaces a few. Might be the reason for the bug.

I'll upload a Version 1.1 of the entire mod to the repository. Once it's up, download and do a fresh install of the mod.
That might be a good idea.
Because of this bug I have to use the cheat mode just to play  :sad:

Im not sure its a bug, but i joind the mercar or whatever they are called
But the problem is that i cant upgrade men after they are mecran vetran fydan... 
(Sorry that i typed the names rong)

The Mercians, and its already been said, Fyrdmen, who are lowly peasants, never get to be nobles (Thegns, or Thanes or Things or how ever you want to say that). Poor little looser fyrdmen :sad: Oh, and I also wish to complain about the impossible to find criminals in villages, or maybe its just easier to look with a horse.

scottishclaymore said:
Re-installed. Now I'm getting another RGL error about a horse mesh or something.

I am having the same problem also, when i try to go to the horse merchant, it locks up and says horse mesh error.

As well as the disappearing money and items problem I am also charged 50 denars at the end of the week despite being the only person in my party.

Guys, given that I'm not getting any of these bugs in my version, I can only assume that it's something to do with the patching process.

I'm uploading the entire Version 1.1 of the mod to the repository at the moment. It may take a while as I've outstripped my ISP limits for the month and i'm working with a capped speed. :sad:

Once it's up, try downloading it. Hopefully it should sort out these bugs. (Which never came up in the pre-patch beta testing phase)

Thanks.
And i hope it works, this is one of the most atmospheric mods i've played and the only one with mostly foot combat.

Yeah... I appreciate all you're doing. I haven't gotten to play this one myself yet, but I've watched a friend and it really looks like oodles of fun!

Servitor said:
My inventory keeps getting wiped out. I don't know when, Don't know why. I just know that from time to time everything in my inventory disappears. With dread I await the 'You have no food' red letters to pop up which announces my inventory to be empty. This once happened when I had 1 ragged I-Dont-Know-What from a bandit and some apples. It also happened when I had 12 loads of fur, 5 loads of velvet and 8 linen. Total loss of 2000 Silver. Not cool.

Every time the game hits "Evening" my inventory disappears as well. Very annoying. I'll try installing the full 1.1 now that it's uploaded (I patched from 1.0 to 1.1 like other people did so that may be the issue).

I deleted the previous installation and installed the full version 1.1 posted. This has solved all disappearing inventory issues I had had. Gone through about 20 in game days and not a single instance of it happening again.

And Markus, I have followed this mod for a long time and I appreciate how quickly you move to fix any bugs that crop up, keep up the fantastic work.

I am playing with the patched version (but I will download the 1.1 full now)

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but during the play I see something different, a peasant party (grey), at first they where travelling to me (yes to me), but when I turn to talk to them, they change direction and their destination now was the Four Ways Inn, I tried to follow them, but can't (too many enemies on the way and my inventory also gone).

Also sometimes I got a error message saying that there is any volunteers at the Salt Mine and Four Ways Inn? below there is a screenshot:

It is a bit dark, but the message is there.

By last, I just wish to say that your mod is just fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom