Bug and Error Reporting Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Clean install of v1.1

Can not proceed from this screen.

Two options but only one outcome. FIGHT!

Somewhere someone said something about being able to recruit the pro-Briton Cadfael (I think I got his name wrong, damn Welsh names, bacon with a y David with f.....) with a -50 Briton thing, I have a +17 with the Britons and he won't join me, not sure if thats a bug with his relations thing (as someone recruiting him with -50 suggests) or I just need more with the Brits.

Don't know if this is a bug.  When taking the quest from Harald Bjornson at Lundene, hunting down Christian priests, it doesn't seem to end.  The Christian parties have stopped spawning but the quest still isn't complete.

Cheers

Gilrain said:
Don't know if this is a bug.  When taking the quest from Harald Bjornson at Lundene, hunting down Christian priests, it doesn't seem to end.  The Christian parties have stopped spawning but the quest still isn't complete.

Cheers
it's just like a second river pirate quest. . . although harald is the constable and the bandit quest giver guy is an added npc, i cant shoot him down with a javelin

When using the Chieftain Sword, the hilt shows black at the top of the scabbard rather than disappearing.

EDIT: Same with the Jarl Sword.

Full install version 1.1:

This may seem strange, but try visiting Galford - you can't...
Pressing on Galford will make your party go and stand right next to it. You simply can't enter.
I also noticed a group of farmers leaving Galford, but they couldn't.
I sense it has something to do with the proximity of the mountain...

Geoguths can be recruited from Shire Reeves when you have less than 400 silver, but more than 100 silver (when the cost is 400).  I can quite easily fight in the arena once or twice and get a cut price Geoguth :grin:

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the mail hauberk provides more protection than the maille shirt with padded jack while being considerably cheaper. Also, leather gloves cost almost as much as leather armour. In general, I love the realistic armour although I'm not sure if maille should be even more rare.

hi everyone, I'm new here :smile:
I don't know if this is a bug, but I've started the game as a Dane and they're in peace with every other faction.
I think that it's a bit strange...
I've also tried to attack a few Mercian Caravans and Patrols to start a war, but nothing happens (although Mercian are now hostile to me)

Reight said:
hi everyone, I'm new here :smile:
I don't know if this is a bug, but I've started the game as a Dane and they're in peace with every other faction.
I think that it's a bit strange...
I've also tried to attack a few Mercian Caravans and Patrols to start a war, but nothing happens (although Mercian are now hostile to me)
wars are random, but when you start off the game, depending on which faction you've chosen, you will make certain enemies, but that doesn't mean the faction you plan to join will have the enemies you started off with

I meant to mention this (not sure if it has already been):

When you fight a peasant rebellion party (88-91 or so in size), your relation with all of the major factions goes up a point. So although I started at odds with all but the Danes, now they all like me.

James said:

When you fight a peasant rebellion party (88-91 or so in size), your relation with all of the major factions goes up a point. So although I started at odds with all but the Danes, now they all like me.

And because of that, you can now get the faction based companions (like leofric) even if you just came from a caravan rape section involving their faction.

Sorry for the double post. :oops:

Markus, you should probably add "deal with the "assassinate the merchant" quest".
it uses a native scene (stone walls and such), wich dont mach.

I´d just use the tavern scene for bigger audience. :twisted:

TekTatorV said:
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the mail hauberk provides more protection than the maille shirt with padded jack while being considerably cheaper. Also, leather gloves cost almost as much as leather armour. In general, I love the realistic armour although I'm not sure if maille should be even more rare.

I'll take a look in the next patch. However, maille will remain at it's current abundance. It's limited to elite troops at the moment, any further restrictions means that gameplay is sacrificed for historical accuracy.

James said:

Intentional.

Peasant rebellions are a threat to the nobility. You're doing Lords a service by cutting down the dogs. :wink:

The Blind Skald said:
James said:

And because of that, you can now get the faction based companions (like leofric) even if you just came from a caravan rape section involving their faction.

I'll be changing faction start up penalties/bonuses and NPC relation requirements for the patch.

The Blind Skald said:
Sorry for the double post. :oops:

Markus, you should probably add "deal with the "assassinate the merchant" quest".
it uses a native scene (stone walls and such), wich dont mach.

I´d just use the tavern scene for bigger audience. :twisted:

Yup. Added to the list.

carty said:
i go to play the game and it comes uup with igl error whats this mean  :s plz help

Hard to say without any details.

What sort of RGL error?

There's a 99.9% chance that you've altered the files in your M&B Native folder and that's clashing with my mod. First rule of using mods - NEVER alter the Native module folder...

You'll need a clean install of M&B 0.903 to continue.

Dont know if its a bug but, I can't seem to find throwing axes for sale anymore :cry:, have they been taken out? dunno why they would.

Taken out, I'd say.  I haven't seen any.  I'm pretty sure they weren't even in use in Europe in the 9th century, or indeed at all between the 8th and 15th centuries.

Um dude, the Franks and their Franciscas, still should of been some around 867, and their weren't used exclusively by the Franks, other Germanic tribes made use of them just like Saxons aren't the only ones who used Seaxs, just the best known. I think some were found in England, I even found a quote by William of Poitiers describing the Battle of Hastings, "the valiant resistance of the English and the death-dealing weight of their projectiles, which included spears, javelins, axes, and stones fastened to pieces of wood", 199 years forward, they probably just didn't use them like the Franks did back when, in volleys of only Francisca.

Bug when attacking castles/forts (Haven't got a screenshot, but will).  When you have reached the top of the hill and reach the first set of walls, certain hits on you can knock you all of the way to the bottom of the hill and then some.  Whilst this is happening you have no control whatsoever.  Whilst I can accept being knocked down the hill some way, the distance you travel after these strikes is borderline ridiculous.  You tend to end up near to where you first spawned.  Possibly widen the top of the hill slightly prior to the walls so this doesn't happen?

Back
Top Bottom