Bug and Error Reporting Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Possible bug with hill forts. I besieged a hill fort and for some reason after I passed the second ring of walls my troops became confused on follow command and ran to the left and bunched up at a place where there wasn't a gap to walk through. I tested this a little and told my forces to follow me right up to just before the second gap and they did. Once I passed through the gap they ran to the left and never or rarely made it through the gap. I tried to correct for their error by going way to the right after I passed through the second gap and there was a clear point to the right past the second gap where the troops switched from going far left to far right. They never made it through the gap however. This same thing occurred when I used "Hold this position" orders and with Charge orders they go far left after the first gap. I'm not sure if this is caused by M&B path finding or what. The comp troops tend to freeze at the first gate, and after these are defeated they line up at the very top of the hill and do not attack you unless you walk up to them and give em a good wack. Next time I attack a hill fort I'll take pics. Otherwise the hill fort sieges are roughly 1 million times better than walking up the ramp to a castle in native.

I'm using 0.951 Native and 1.1 version of 867 and I can't get it past the load screen.  I keep getting an error that reads:

Unable to open file: CommonRes\horse_meshes.brf

I haven't made any changes to the Native files that I'm aware of.  Any clues?

Shack said:
Clean install of v1.1

Can not proceed from this screen.

Two options but only one outcome. FIGHT!

i have exactly the same problem ... and it kinda sux since i just started with the mod and have like 8 soldiers in my party and the other lord has like 150

Few things that really piss me off:
1. Too small loot. What the ****, I just defeated 30 men strong party of Scot raiders and got NOTHING? Not a single hatchet or boots? I know it has been mentioned by few poeple already, but in Vanilla 0.903 looting is normal.
2. Money for lords. I managed to capture one of those in a battle. I went to the city to sell some items and by the way went to the castle to speak with the Earl. He immediately asked me if I want to give him imprisoned lord for 2000 denars. I said no, because I can get more from ransom. But then the game hung up in a moment when I say 'I'm afraid I can't do that right now" or something like that. And I can't do nothing. The game works, but doesn't want to proceed by left mouse button or anything else. So I have to quit M&B which is really anoying, because...
3....the game turns on so damn long! It takes about ten minutes to start playing. Don't even try saying **** like 'it's a matter with your computer' - I don't know any other game that turns on so long. Game code must be optimalized and I hope it will be in next version :wink:

And a small suggestion - I'd like to see some more armour and swords in game. I know they were rare in the period, but it's strange that in a city I can't buy a single sword, which sometimes happens... They are expensive enough to be rare in player's equipment anyway, so I don't see the point of giving so few of them in the shops. And some more armour kinds please, like leather scale or lamellar... Also more helmets would be nice - there's so many of 'em in Viking Raiders Mod, why can't such number be included in this one? :smile:

I find this mod really enjoyable, but those few thing are irritating.
Waiting for Vanilla 1.0, so Lords of War may be released in full glory :wink:

Just a minor bug, but I can't complete a quest to eliminate a murderer in the village of Wooten; the 'nervous man' is at the very edge of the village map, so far away that I can't initiate a conversation with him. I've even tried to fire arrows at him, to no avail.

I love this mod, by the way!

Fix list updated.

TekTatorV said:
Possible bug with hill forts. I besieged a hill fort and for some reason after I passed the second ring of walls my troops became confused on follow command and ran to the left and bunched up at a place where there wasn't a gap to walk through. I tested this a little and told my forces to follow me right up to just before the second gap and they did. Once I passed through the gap they ran to the left and never or rarely made it through the gap. I tried to correct for their error by going way to the right after I passed through the second gap and there was a clear point to the right past the second gap where the troops switched from going far left to far right. They never made it through the gap however. This same thing occurred when I used "Hold this position" orders and with Charge orders they go far left after the first gap. I'm not sure if this is caused by M&B path finding or what. The comp troops tend to freeze at the first gate, and after these are defeated they line up at the very top of the hill and do not attack you unless you walk up to them and give em a good wack. Next time I attack a hill fort I'll take pics. Otherwise the hill fort sieges are roughly 1 million times better than walking up the ramp to a castle in native.

Gilrain said:
Bug when attacking castles/forts (Haven't got a screenshot, but will).  When you have reached the top of the hill and reach the first set of walls, certain hits on you can knock you all of the way to the bottom of the hill and then some.  Whilst this is happening you have no control whatsoever.  Whilst I can accept being knocked down the hill some way, the distance you travel after these strikes is borderline ridiculous.  You tend to end up near to where you first spawned.  Possibly widen the top of the hill slightly prior to the walls so this doesn't happen?

I'll take a look and see what I can do.

toph513 said:
I'm using 0.951 Native and 1.1 version of 867 and I can't get it past the load screen.  I keep getting an error that reads:

Unable to open file: CommonRes\horse_meshes.brf

I haven't made any changes to the Native files that I'm aware of.  Any clues?

Hmm, clues eh?

Maybe because the mod is for M&B Version 0.903 perhaps?

Beleg Strongbow said:
Just a minor bug, but I can't complete a quest to eliminate a murderer in the village of Wooten; the 'nervous man' is at the very edge of the village map, so far away that I can't initiate a conversation with him. I've even tried to fire arrows at him, to no avail.

I'll add it to the fix list.

Ulfhednar said:
3....the game turns on so damn long! It takes about ten minutes to start playing. Don't even try saying **** like 'it's a matter with your computer' - I don't know any other game that turns on so long. Game code must be optimalized and I hope it will be in next version :wink:

Just a quick point - there's a difference between bug reporting/feedback and combative, confrontational whinging that does little other than earn the ire of the developer that put many months of unpaid work into making a mod that you can download for free.

I'd suggest you consider that difference...

Markus, I really appreciate your work and find this mod great, but I wanted to point out that the game is turning on too long and say that this should be improved :wink: Didn't want to offend you, forgive me - I understand why are you irritated.

I installed the mod from the website onto my desktop then installed it in Mount and blade in the mod folder  i think but it wont load... i will load 2/3 of the loading bar then make a noise ( like an error noise) and then it wont do anything so i have to press ESC to get out of it.  How do i fix this?  How do i get this mod to work?

KingoftheBrits90 said:
I installed the mod from the website onto my desktop then installed it in Mount and blade in the mod folder I think but it won't load... it will load 2/3 of the loading bar then make a noise ( like an error noise) and then it won't do anything so I have to press ESC to get out of it.  How do I fix this?  How do I get this mod to work?
This mod comes with an installer (exe. file) so it should be placed correctly.
Make sure you're playing Mount & Blade version 0.903 and you've made no changes to it.
Other than that, I don't know what he error noise is...

where do i find version .903 on this website?

Adorno said:
KingoftheBrits90 said:
I installed the mod from the website onto my desktop then installed it in Mount and blade in the mod folder I think but it won't load... it will load 2/3 of the loading bar then make a noise ( like an error noise) and then it won't do anything so I have to press ESC to get out of it.  How do I fix this?  How do I get this mod to work?
This mod comes with an installer (exe. file) so it should be placed correctly.
Make sure you're playing Mount & Blade version 0.903 and you've made no changes to it.
Other than that, I don't know what he error noise is...

I just want to say I like the armour and sword situation the way it is now, getting iron in this period was a real ***** (not my speciality but I seem to recall a complex system involving a 1 use clay mold or stove that destroyed the thing just to get the iron ready for forging, let alone the skill required in working the rare metal properly and the rarity of the metal), theres a few references to Vikings boasting about having iron swords of such quality that when they bend (which they did, alot), they could bend them back with their boot. Swords and actual armour are the province of very rich people who literally owned other people (I believe the current Saxon convention was 5 hides, a hide being 10 or so hectares with about 1 peasent family, thats for the normal spear thane, the next step up was the guy who looked after 1 hundred hides, roughly equal to what our characters are before we go and take more, that pays for him having a sword, armour and 1 hundred troops, theoretically. Above that we get a Shire run by a Reeve [Sherrif]). So given all that and that its not that hard to find swords or armour (I've got a dozen balanced swords easy from 1 or 2 tours from Wales to Lundene and back). All of this is partially why the Welsh never had a unified kingdom until Gruffud ap Llwelyn hired foreign viking and English mercenaries to back up his swordless masses. Danes had a similar thing going, the carucate and vikings are professional raiders who probably had the same thing at home which paid for their boats and weapons so they could go viking. And the game load time is not 10 minutes and if it is its your computer, its like 2 for me and my computer is old and dying and hasn't been turned off this year. For reporting an actual bug, the guys on top of a hill fort line up for 1on1 fights with me and the idiots in my army never saw stairs before. Pretty fun actually 276 Mercian scum dying on my blade, so much litter I can barely see when the next one lets down his shield so I can strike.

Another possible bug. All heros start at 10 for weapons mastery. This is nice but I'm not sure if it is intentional or not.

I think it's intentional.

I am holding two Mercian lords prisoner. The lords of my faction insist on offering a two thousand silver scilling ransom for him.
The thing is, I want to keep them.
If I try to refuse an offer, I get a dead-end dialogue. My character says "I cannot accept that offer." (click to continue). Clicking does nothing, just like the bug with patrols. The only solution is Alt F4.

TekTatorV said:
Another possible bug. All heros start at 10 for weapons mastery. This is nice but I'm not sure if it is intentional or not.

Intentional.

Much like in Band of Warriors.

Orj said:
I am holding two Mercian lords prisoner. The lords of my faction insist on offering a two thousand silver scilling ransom for him.
The thing is, I want to keep them.
If I try to refuse an offer, I get a dead-end dialogue. My character says "I cannot accept that offer." (click to continue). Clicking does nothing, just like the bug with patrols. The only solution is Alt F4.

Added to the fix list.

first of all: Congratulations, this is my favourite mod, you have done a great job!  :grin:

I don't know if it is a bug, but when i try to assault a town followed by my party (now its around 77 men), once the battle starts, just come with me the npc. All the other generic troops of my party stay out of the battle  :???:

is it normal?  :?:
this makes the conquest of a town something imposible  :shock:
could it be fixed?

(sorry for my poor english  :oops: )

thank you.

Markus II said:
This is the place to post any bugs/errors you find within the mod.

When reporting bugs/errors, state the nature of the problem and where it occured.

Please refrain from using this thread as a place for ideas, or what you think should have been done with the mod.

I'll keep an updated list in the post below.
hello guys how come i awlays get file blocked when i download it?

Markus II said:
This is the place to post any bugs/errors you find within the mod.

When reporting bugs/errors, state the nature of the problem and where it occured.

Please refrain from using this thread as a place for ideas, or what you think should have been done with the mod.

I'll keep an updated list in the post below.
i cant download anything i always get download blocked

Back
Top Bottom