TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

It happened a couple of weeks ago, and I've had no symptoms save the headache on the day, there's not much to check out. Doubt the hospital is gonna run an MRI just in case.

That's why MRIs are most commonly used. As a precaution to make sure nothing is ****ed up. You can shake off a lot of injuries with reasonable certainty that they'll just ache for a while but undiscovered and untreated head trauma has an insidious way of ****ing you up years down the line out of nowhere. Please avail yourself of your country's enviable health system and get yourself checked out, dude.

Yeah I'll be fine. I actually do have a Drs appointment next week, I could mention it there but I'm quite certain nothing will be made of it.

Hungary's government plans to tighten control over theatres
https://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKBN1YA1UF

According to draft legislation seen by Reuters on Friday, the government would set up a National Cultural Council,
headed by a minister, with the task of “setting priorities and directions to be followed in Hungarian culture”.

“It is a fundamental requirement for activities belonging under the auspices
of this law to actively defend the interests of the nation’s wellbeing,” the bill says.

I know they're extremely popular here because we've got a ton of historic theaters and what not. Wait, are we talking about movie theaters or stage theaters? I was referring to the latter, but of course the former is also still kicking here.

Captured Joe said:
People still go to theatres?
Yes, often with full houses. But not because we are so ****ing cultured here; 90% of theatregoers are shallow, pretentious ****s, usually of the old types, who go to theatre to show their status or something (I don't fully understand their motivation for it, but it's not curiosity towards the piece). 8% are relatives of the artists and workers of the theatre, and about 2% who are actually interested in the play.

According to draft legislation seen by Reuters on Friday, the government would set up a National Cultural Council,
headed by a minister, with the task of “setting priorities and directions to be followed in Hungarian culture”.

“It is a fundamental requirement for activities belonging under the auspices
of this law to actively defend the interests of the nation’s wellbeing,” the bill says.
And that's nothing new, that's how culture worked during the commie times. There were three categories which every cultural things fell under: supported, tolerated and forbidden.

Theatre is doing well here in Denmark. I see all kinds of people, both young and old. Not many working class people, though. School teachers and up, or something.
You can always get an audience with Shakespeare, Molère, or Holberg (you don't know him).

Densetsu said:
I find the “you won’t know this/him/it” thing hilariously autistic. To say something like that in normal conversation always comes across as condescending and annoying.
I thoughht I was being helpful, so the reader wouldn't start wondering about a person mentioned right after two famous people.
Holberg is completely unknown outside of Denmark. It was meant to be a fact, so you could disregard him and move on.

Afghanistan papers reveal US public were misled about unwinnable war
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/09/afghan-papers-reveal-us-public-were-misled-about-unwinnable-war
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/investigations/afghanistan-papers/afghanistan-war-strategy/

Hundreds of confidential interviews with key figures involved in prosecuting the 18-year US war in Afghanistan have revealed that the US public has been consistently misled about an unwinnable conflict.

The 2,000 pages of documents reveal the bleak and unvarnished views of many insiders in a war that has cost $1tn (£760bn) and killed more than 2,300 US servicemen and women, with more than 20,000 injured.

Two major claims in the documents are that US officials manipulated statistics to suggest to the American public that the war was being won and that successive administrations turned a blind eye to widespread corruption among Afghan officials, allowing the theft of US aid with impunity.

“Surveys, for instance, were totally unreliable but reinforced that everything we were doing was right and we became a self-licking ice-cream cone.”

Back
Top Bottom