[Werewolf] Phonewolf: The Appening - Battery drained - Infected Apps win!

Users who are viewing this thread

It does make sense, since people will vote you after Delta is dead. Right now pushing for specifically an Eternal lynch would probably lead to nowhere.
Just because I don't write down logic, doesn't mean it is non existent.

MaHuD said:
It does make sense, since people will vote you after Delta is dead. Right now pushing for specifically an Eternal lynch would probably lead to nowhere.

Why would we lynch Eternal after Delta is dead? If Delta is scum we lynch Xardob. Or basically anybody except me and Moose. And maybe not you or Eternal either. Unless you are packmates with Eternal and Delta and trying to sell them BOTH out (which would be silly)  :neutral:

If Delta turns out to be scum, this is how I would do it:

Xardob
Hawk
Adaham
Eternal
Brutus
MaHuD
Moose!
Magorien

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

MaHuD said:

Right, I'm going to try to understand MaHuD logic.

On Day 1, you replied to (IIRC) Eternal's accusations of a potential Magorien/Bigie/Xardob pack stating that packmates would never be so blatant on Day 1. Yet since Day 1 you've insisted on a Delta/Eternal link that nobody else can see and said they're basically sacrificing themselves for each other. What makes the first situation unlikely to impossible (other than the fact that me v.1 actually did die and blow that theory out of the water) yet a buddy-buddy between Eternal and Delta not only possible but likely in your eyes?

Sir Magorien Maxihand VI Esq. said:
*  "as I don't believe an experienced wolf would have lynched me..." = "as I don't believe an experienced wold would have lunched me..."

I can see a wolf Adaham or Xardob lynching you to create some WIFOMy confusion over the night kill, since you were so closely aligned with them. The other obvious option would be because you were accusing someone (i.e., Delta K or Vieira because those were who you suspected with your first life if I recall correctly), but we know that at least one of them is innocent.

Moose! said:
With that in mind, I think that Eternal is right, and that we definitely are playing against at least one experienced wolf. I'd much rather go for one of them then go for Delta.

See, here's the problem. I've twice tried to get a wagon rolling against Delta, and twice come very close. Yet each time, the wagon has been pulled in other directions. It should not be this hard to lynch someone who's considered scummy by quite a number of people, and who doesn't post very much. Case in point, our previous two lynchees. Now, I don't know whether the wolves are the ones pulling the lynch in other directions, or whether the wolves are the ones with votes parked on other players, or a combination of the two. But I don't like the idea of contributing towards another mislynch, whilst the wolves sit back cackling maniacally. I got a monkey on my shoulder and I don't like it one bit.​

Moose! said:
*  "as I don't believe an experienced wolf would have lynched me..." = "as I don't believe an experienced wold would have lunched me..."

I can see a wolf Adaham or Xardob lynching you to create some WIFOMy confusion over the night kill, since you were so closely aligned with them. The other obvious option would be because you were accusing someone (i.e., Delta K or Vieira because those were who you suspected with your first life if I recall correctly), but we know that at least one of them is innocent.

I know, and it's totally WIFOM, but if Biggie's a wolf and me v.1 was killed by wolves and not a mis-firing vig, then he was rather foolish to kill me, given the deal I had with him. Like you suggest though, if I was close to his packmate (Delta) then he might have done so, given that after 1 more wolf death, our deal would be over.

Similarly, Xardob had my vote for Day 2 so I if he is a wolf, I was only a threat to his packmate if he himself directed me there. Given the way the votes and lynches have gone since then, I very much doubt I would have been 'allowed' to vote for my preferred lynchee (Delta) if I'd been alive on Day 2 as my first incarnation.

Moose! said:
Agreed that I think Lumos is a good choice for the wolves. Smart players like to go for lurkers, because it causes chaos and is hard to read for the village (or at least, that's what Xardob told me last game).

And here's something Xardob told me, in Aust's Dwarfcraft game: for the first 2 days, the lynches tend to be quieter/lurkier players. From Day 3 onwards, it tends to be the more active players who get lynched. If you can get your quieter/lurkier wolf past Day 2, they stand a good chance of making it to the finish.

That was (partially) how we won that game.

So far, the first 2 lynches have been relatively true to form. If Delta IS a wolf, then if we don't lynch her today, we never will.

Yo guys, just to give you a heads-up...just moved house today and it's hell on earth. Soooo much work.  :ohdear:
And no Internet at home, the earliest I'm expecting to be back to "halfway" normal is Friday. So I'm not lurking, just really not able to dedicate any time to this. In fact, the only way I would have less time and opportunity to contribute would be if I were dead, even though my current state is far less permanent than that.

Vote: Vermillion Hawk

Moose! said:
Agreed that I think Lumos is a good choice for the wolves. Smart players like to go for lurkers, because it causes chaos and is hard to read for the village (or at least, that's what Xardob told me last game).

And here's something Xardob told me, in Aust's Dwarfcraft game: for the first 2 days, the lynches tend to be quieter/lurkier players. From Day 3 onwards, it tends to be the more active players who get lynched. If you can get your quieter/lurkier wolf past Day 2, they stand a good chance of making it to the finish.

That was (partially) how we won that game.

So far, the first 2 lynches have been relatively true to form. If Delta IS a wolf, then if we don't lynch her today, we never will.

Well if we want to lynch a lurker now, then we might as well lynch Xardob.

Moose! said:
Well if we want to lynch a lurker now, then we might as well lynch Xardob.
Now that's just low. I don't post for a couple days and suddenly I'm a lurker? I was busy and had internet problems yesterday. I'll try to post something later tonight.

Moose! said:
That's big talk for someone who was so sure of Vieira's guilt. Want to try and convince me this time?
I wasn't sure of Vieira being guilty. I was sure that he was one of the four possible wolves. Now that he's gone, I'm sure. Everybody else is innocent. But you want reasons? I shall give you some.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Moose, you're not boding well for me asking those kind of questions, but that's for another day. Xardob or Adaham or Llandy should die today, no questions asked. The number of inactive patsies is narrowing down and now these three, plus Moose, should be in the firing line.
This is just lazy. Not necessarily wolfish, but I'm not going to let it pass because people shouldn't get away with crap reasons like these, or some wolves might exploit them. Hawk is basically just saying that the more talkative players are suspicious and should be lynched. I predict this mindset loses the game tomorrow.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
I should say though, Lumos and Vieira were hardly inactive, but they can seem as such when other players have entire blocks of text spread over multiple posts devoted to themselves. So they become natural targets for the wolves.
I don't even know what this means. Does it have any purpose?

Vermillion_Hawk said:
The Xardob/Llandy/Adaham trio are, so far, more suspicious than any other group in my opinion, though, mostly because they're almost wholly to blame for the fiasco of yesterday's random killing instead of an organized lynch which would have advanced one case or another. Basically a free wolf action, even if Vieira was a minor suspect for some of them.
Now this is the actual wolfish bit. Calling yesterday lynch a random one is a misrepresentation at best. Adaham and I were set on Vieira since the beginning of the day. He was our top suspect and only someone very dishonest could say otherwise.

But the best thing about this post is how he blames us for causing a random lynch and preventing an organized course of action by the village after making absolutely no effort to contribute to said organization. He just voted and stayed back, waiting for things to happen. (I won't even go on about the merit of how organized villages are every wolf dream.)

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Moose! said:
Interestingly enough, if enough doctors end up dead, we should get rid of VH too, since he essentially outed himself as a doctor, and the chances of him being one are quickly diminishing, now that 3 are gone.

Okay, I've officially been convinced otherwise.

Vote: Moose!.

If your gambit pays off and I get lynched there should now be enough information out there to out you as scum to a hopefully-cognizant village.
At this point I'm not sure if he's misunderstanding things on purpose or if he's just flinging whatever **** he comes up with on the spot.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Then either way you're scum, either for recognizing a wolf and failing to vote for one or for attacking an innocent.
I'd just like to point out the logical fallacy here. You know which kind of player attack innocents more often? Other innocents.

And hey, that's just what he did today. I wonder how much worse this would get if I went back in the thread.

Moose! said:
Nah, I'd rather put my mouth on Xardob.
Freudian slip? I'd rather you don't eat me. I don't taste very good. Besides, there's barely any meat for you, just bones and skin.

Eternal said:
Sorry chaps, I didn't join the innocent lynch wagon the last two times and I'm not about to start now. A vote for Adaham is a vote to lynch an actual wolf.
I still haven't heard a single good reason why we should lynch Adaham. Care to provide one or is it just too much work for fabricate a case?

Xardob said:
This is just lazy. Not necessarily wolfish, but I'm not going to let it pass because people shouldn't get away with crap reasons like these, or some wolves might exploit them. Hawk is basically just saying that the more talkative players are suspicious and should be lynched. I predict this mindset loses the game tomorrow.

It's not the most talkative players but the players that have had tangible private agreements between them throughout this game, and have, not too coincidentally, never committed fully to any sort of wagon on each other, especially since that was Llandy and Adaham's agreement in the first place. Llandy turned out innocent that time but I've already voiced my suspicions regarding either your or Adaham's involvement in that affair, and I stand by them. If it was lazy I'd be claiming a list of confirmed wolves and retroactively molding "evidence" to suit what is inherently based on nothingness.

Like it or not, there's a dichotomy between yourself, Llandy and Adaham and the more tenuous Moose/Eternal connection. One of these groups contains either all or most of the wolves, as I'm still working out who the third wheel would be on the Moose/Eternal Tinder date, and one of my two chosen targets today (yourself or Moose) will prove that true. Moreover, my death will further challenge your wolf predictions to the point where you'd have to do some serious word wrangling to justify the death of an innocent from three confirmed wolves.

Xardob said:
Now this is the actual wolfish bit. Calling yesterday lynch a random one is a misrepresentation at best. Adaham and I were set on Vieira since the beginning of the day. He was our top suspect and only someone very dishonest could say otherwise.

But the best thing about this post is how he blames us for causing a random lynch and preventing an organized course of action by the village after making absolutely no effort to contribute to said organization. He just voted and stayed back, waiting for things to happen. (I won't even go on about the merit of how organized villages are every wolf dream.)

It was random in the sense that it was a random mod kill that happened to target your suspect. I'm not talking about "organized villages", but rather a lynch that is informed by consensus. That didn't happen, hence my choice of words.

I'm still convinced that, if I was to vote for someone other than myself today, I'd be voting for Moose, as I don't think you've necessarily let your cover slip as he has, and I'm unsure if you're just misguided in putting me on your list of confirmed wolves or indeed a wolf. Maybe I've been looking at the groupings wrong and you and Moose are in a pack, since I don't know how you can misinterpret my reaction to Moose's bit there, something MaHuD has already commented on, other than deliberately of course. Either way, Moose must die tonight or tomorrow, and hopefully you'll see that through if you're successful with your current target.

Xardob said:
I'd just like to point out the logical fallacy here. You know which kind of player attack innocents more often? Other innocents.

Statistically, that's entirely true across every single game, save for if the baddies are revealed immediately. Because that's what the game results in inevitably. Your point is lost here, when the situation is a bit more complex and there are more actions and relations to analyze than there are at the start of a game when an innocent attacks another innocent.

Back
Top Bottom