[TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

ok every error msg is the same. 

operable program or batch file.
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

this is the error for every .py file it seems. 

edit:  after googling I came upon this guide.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1B-8hTsF2o  python now works correctly.  the compilation worked.

running it through cmd showing the error msg was godlike advice.  without the error msg, google would not have helped.

craziii said:
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command

this mean your Python installation is not completed. Probably missing the system variable that lets Windows find it. If you check the tutorial you will see the installer (Python) has a optional step that does that for ya (which you skipped)

now you need to do it manually  :arrow: http://pythoncentral.io/add-python-to-path-python-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/

kalarhan said:
craziii said:
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command

this mean your Python installation is not completed. Probably missing the system variable that lets Windows find it. If you check the tutorial you will see the installer (Python) has a optional step that does that for ya (which you skipped)

now you need to do it manually  :arrow: http://pythoncentral.io/add-python-to-path-python-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/
ahh, probably skipped it in my eagerness in trying out the tweaks  :facepalm:

Awesome job...please keep updating and expanding this project.
Is it possible for troops like old hero & Bran mac caliacas to become immortal (with or without the hero flag) with some kind of tweak.Earlier while using Morgh's editor, I saw 2 different flags --one for "hero" & other for " unkillable".When I checked hero flag for above mentioned NPCs ,protagonist and companions reverted to early game stats and equipment though old hero and Bran were completely behaving like companions but that was not convenient for me at the expense of my party so I unchecked that flag.
For "unkillable" flag my guinea-pigs were ship captains since a raiders party with ship captains was in vicinity.So after the battle I found the Ship captains dead despite of having an unkillable flag.
      so my questions --
1-what's the deal with"unkiiable" flag??
2-how to make those NPCs immortal without disturbing too much of game and protagonists' party??

Kaladin said:
1-what's the deal with"unkiiable" flag??
2-how to make those NPCs immortal without disturbing too much of game and protagonists' party??

this thread is dedicated to the Tweaks Tool (news and basic support). If you want to learn about modding check the Q&A thread and the Forge  :smile:

read the initial posts: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Kaladin said:
please keep updating and expanding this project.
I plan to keep it current with DLC (so next patch for 2.025 VC), no plans currently for any new tweaks (you can visit the Tweaks thread to talk about new suggestions)

Tweaks: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.0.html

"forge"
I had an inkling but can't blame a guy for trying though  :smile:
I am off to reading... :shock:

Edit-about "unkillable" should not have asked,tons of material on forge about that.Initially searched only in M&B Q&A,not much there. :sad:

Hi,
Since I use tweaked mod sys provided by you so if I change something in module_*.py files,I have to do it in tweaked mod sys files not the mod sys files by taleworld(untweaked).Am I right??

For changes (made in module_*.py files) to be reflected in game,which.bat file(3 in app folder & 1 in main folder)do I have to run??

Your instructions were flawless,just wanted to make sure that run_app.bat is compatible with rest of module_*.py files, not only tweaks.py.
Thanks  :smile:

Update:

Tweaks Tool based on VC 2.023 got ~2500 downloads.

VC code for 2.025 is now available. Expect a update for this tool within a week (soon). No new tweaks are planned.

I will reopen the thread once the new download is available. Visit Tweaks thread to discuss new suggestions.

Update: 1.1 released
New release is now available. See OP (first post) for links.

Based on VC 2.025 (latest patch). Includes all tweaks from the earlier version + a couple new ones (tournament bets, share loot)

cheating wife is gone. Devs removed it from the game, so no more tweaks for them  :mrgreen:

Remember to use a fresh VC 2.025 as base (for the binaries like textures, etc).

Important note for modders: module.ini is included in the build

Update:

so far we have ~100 downloads for 1.1 and no issues reported. I will keep a eye here this week and assume this version is stable by Sunday (1 week).

no plans so far for 1.2 (alongside a new VC patch).

kalarhan said:
Rarilmar said:
story mode :razz:

not recommended for storyline, as tweaks can break the flow of quests. So no need to update it (even if its only 2 lines of code)

What tweaks could do that? I myself removed the ability for companions to leave my party and disabled the adventurer feature as well. Could these break the storyline or corrupt the save in any meaningfull way?

And if yes, maybe I could change those settings after finishing the story mode. However the readme mentions that some changes might need a new game to function. Do these particular tweaks fall in that category?

Yabloko said:
What tweaks could do that?

not recommended as storyline was not tested with tweaks, and the quest system used is very fragile.

from your question: both cases are disabled in storyline by default, so the tweaks should do... nothing at all  :mrgreen:, but you should not mess with companions and storyline, easy way to break it.

kalarhan said:
Yabloko said:
What tweaks could do that?

not recommended as storyline was not tested with tweaks, and the quest system used is very fragile.

from your question: both cases are disabled in storyline by default, so the tweaks should do... nothing at all  :mrgreen:, but you should not mess with companions and storyline, easy way to break it.

That sounds good, I'll try it and hope everything goes smooth. And thank you, for the tool and the answer.

Update:

Downloads:          ~250 (10% of version 1.0)
Reported issues:  none
Future updates:  TBD (no plans so far)

remember to visit the Forge, our Q&A thread and Tweaks thread if you want to learn more on modding and tweaks

I have a question regarding the tweaks.

Downloaded the latest version, 1.1. After I tweaked the tweaks.py file, I run the run_app batch file. However, the command window pops up for only a second. I check the compiled folder and all I get is a gitignore file.

Am I doing something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom