[TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
Strange. Did the compiler run properly? The bit on page 4 of the pdf,  "Apply your changes".
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Bombadier said:
Following the readme instructions I have reached the point where you open the 'complied' folder, but I don't have any scripts, all I can see is a .gitignore, where have I gone wrong?
Run the app on a terminal/console and check the log. You can then post it here.

Windows: use PowerShell or cmd (command prompt)

kalarhan said:
on Windows 7/8/10:

1) Windows Key + R
2) Type "cmd" and hit enter
3) Go to your folder. Example: "cd c:\my_app"
4) run the app, type: "run_app.bat" and hit enter


P.s. On the first page there are two download links, is either suitable or do I need both?
Only one download

kalarhan said:
The other link is for the project repo on Github (where you can see the code, history, issues, download, etc)
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Update:

About the Github page and download: last 4 days we got ~200 downloads. I will keep this format for any future releases, as it seems to be working well.
 

Tordiato

Sergeant
WBVC
Best answers
0
First of all thanks a lot kalarhan!! I appreciate your work! :smile: and I absolutely love your mods!

Now I would like to give you some suggestions what to add (from Tweaks for Viking Conquest thread), as I didn't find it in your mod yet (not even in tweaks_not_implemented file) and I'd like to use it with your mod :wink:

1. "Change the morale penalty on "Claim Loot First" if you are a bastard greedy thief" (preferably for all options, not just claim loot first)
Link to old tweak: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7752212.html#msg7752212

2. Tournament bets - change the amount of money you can bet (ideally for all options)
3. Max level of skills - change the value to higher/lower than default 10
Link to old tweak: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7781650.html#msg7781650

 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Tordiato said:
some suggestions
1. This one needs two variables, one to control the bonus/penalty base value, another for the penalty cap (currently -40).
2. Easy enough, surprised you even do tournaments hehe.
3. Party skills are not worth as they stop at 14 anyway (10+4), can be used for non party skills like power strike tho. But then you need to have 22+ in a stat, which is not easy/usually possible in VC ... so how are you gonna use this?

If you volunteer to test the changes I will push a version for this. Next public update is planned only to update the code to 2.024+ when we get the next beta.
 

Tordiato

Sergeant
WBVC
Best answers
0
kalarhan said:
Tordiato said:
some suggestions
1. This one needs two variables, one to control the bonus/penalty base value, another for the penalty cap (currently -40).
2. Easy enough, surprised you even do tournaments hehe.
3. Party skills are not worth as they stop at 14 anyway (10+4), can be used for non party skills like power strike tho. But then you need to have 22+ in a stat, which is not easy/usually possible in VC ... so how are you gonna use this?

If you volunteer to test the changes I will push a version for this. Next public update is planned only to update the code to 2.024+ when we get the next beta.

Well forget about the 3rd one then, but I would really love to have the 1st and 2nd suggestions included, as I'm really a greedy king  :twisted: and yes, I do&love tournaments (easy money) :razz:

btw. yes, I'm willing to test it. I didn't play M&B for some time and I miss drinking blood from enemies' skulls!  :twisted:
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Tordiato said:
Well forget about the 3rd one then
open file module_skills.py
Code:
("trade","Trade",sf_base_att_cha|sf_effects_party,10,"Every level of this skill reduces your trade penalty by 5%%. (Party skill)"),
The 10 in there is the limit. Change any skill you want (don't raise over 15), I wouldn't touch sea-king or any party skill. Save and use the normal run_app.bat to compile code.


but I would really love to have the 1st and 2nd suggestions included
Pushed to Github on branch new_tweaks_for_1.1
Direct download link for testing: https://github.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool/archive/new_tweaks_for_1.1.zip

1) Battles: new tweak for morale from sharing loot. Can increase bonus and limit penalty.
2) Misc: new tweak for tournament bet. Can increase value.

Test:
1) How morale is working from the loot (remember you won't get any if you are at the cap)
2) Bets balance (getting 30-50k in a tournament may be OP lol), and if menu options are working as expected.
--> I don't plan to tweak the reward, as its the modder/player decision how much he wants to increase it (keep as it is 1x, or put it 100x higher).
 

Tordiato

Sergeant
WBVC
Best answers
0
kalarhan said:
Tordiato said:
Well forget about the 3rd one then
open file module_skills.py
Code:
("trade","Trade",sf_base_att_cha|sf_effects_party,10,"Every level of this skill reduces your trade penalty by 5%%. (Party skill)"),
The 10 in there is the limit. Change any skill you want (don't raise over 15), I wouldn't touch sea-king or any party skill. Save and use the normal run_app.bat to compile code.


but I would really love to have the 1st and 2nd suggestions included
Pushed to Github on branch new_tweaks_for_1.1
Direct download link for testing: https://github.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool/archive/new_tweaks_for_1.1.zip

1) Battles: new tweak for morale from sharing loot. Can increase bonus and limit penalty.
2) Misc: new tweak for tournament bet. Can increase value.

Test:
1) How morale is working from the loot (remember you won't get any if you are at the cap)
2) Bets balance (getting 30-50k in a tournament may be OP lol), and if menu options are working as expected.
--> I don't plan to tweak the reward, as its the modder/player decision how much he wants to increase it (keep as it is 1x, or put it 100x higher).
1) I was able to test it and it works as intended. Nothing wrong there (at least I didn't find anything wrong).
2) I didn't get a chance to get into any tournament yet, but I guess it will work fine (I believe in your modding skillz  :twisted:) but I will test it when I get a chance :wink:
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Tordiato said:
1) I was able to test it and it works as intended. Nothing wrong there (at least I didn't find anything wrong).
2) I didn't get a chance to get into any tournament yet, but I guess it will work fine (I believe in your modding skillz  :twisted:) but I will test it when I get a chance :wink:
thx for the update. Next version for VC is still not on beta, so no hurry.

Just for a reference: It took me ~3hours to write the APP (organize code, include all the tweaks, etc), and ~6hours of just testing it (to make sure they were actually working). Add to that all the testing done by @kraggrim and you can see how testing takes time :XD

In comparison: 10 min to add this new tweaks, with 5min of testing  :razz:, so your feedback will be important before I decide to push them with 1.1
 

Tordiato

Sergeant
WBVC
Best answers
0
kalarhan said:
Tordiato said:
1) I was able to test it and it works as intended. Nothing wrong there (at least I didn't find anything wrong).
2) I didn't get a chance to get into any tournament yet, but I guess it will work fine (I believe in your modding skillz  :twisted:) but I will test it when I get a chance :wink:
thx for the update. Next version for VC is still not on beta, so no hurry.

Just for a reference: It took me ~3hours to write the APP (organize code, include all the tweaks, etc), and ~6hours of just testing it (to make sure they were actually working). Add to that all the testing done by @kraggrim and you can see how testing takes time :XD

In comparison: 10 min to add this new tweaks, with 5min of testing  :razz:, so your feedback will be important before I decide to push them with 1.1
Yeah, I can see it takes a lot of time. Welp it took me long than it should simply because I'm not playing eveyday and I started a new game, so I didn't see any tournaments. But I had the chance to test "the bastard greedy thief tweak" immediately (which I absolutely love, as I got no time to run around for ingame months to get money and stuff I want).

Well, I had some tough fight in Rich Tournament against Northmen :grin: and it also works as intended (it doesn't even surprise me tbh)
Screenshots
http://imgur.com/a/zl4DB

Just one thing - game was crashing from time to time for me lately (didn't happen before). I'm not sure what's the issue (if it's related to your tweaks or not).
I did a fresh install of the game yesterday and applied your tweaks, nothing else was done ( + except for font change )

rgl_log.txt
OS - Windows 10, not Windows 7
http://pastebin.com/yRx3xFw4

tweaks.py
http://pastebin.com/pWGU49aD
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Tordiato said:
Just one thing - game was crashing from time to time for me lately (didn't happen before). I'm not sure what's the issue (if it's related to your tweaks or not).
I did a fresh install of the game yesterday and applied your tweaks, nothing else was done ( + except for font change )
there were some recents updates on Nvidia that are causing crashs on Warband. Players that reported that had to downgrade. Check if that is your case.

No other reports related to VC (exclusive) or the tweaked version, so this is most likely unrelated. In any case remember to upload a rgl_log.txt AFTER a crash, as the file is deleted EVERY time you start the game again (so you lose all info inside it).

Cheers
 
Best answers
0
Hi! I'm new here (as in I just made an account so I could post) and I'm having the same problem as bombadier. I've finished steps 1 and 2 with no problems, but when I try step 3 a bunch of errors pop up that say "SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'" or "TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation". I'd post a link to my log but apparently I've gotta be a member for longer before I can do that. Any idea whats wrong? I've been wracking my brain for 30 minutes on this, since I really want to be a bandit overlord but hate when my troops get upset at me hiring bandits.

Thanx in advance!
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
Stormson said:
parentheses in call to 'print'
that means you are using Python 3.x, instead of Python 2.7.x. They are not compatible.

Check if you have both versions installed on your PC (are you using Windows?). If not install Python 2.7.x as well. You can keep both.

Open your terminal (Windows+R, type cmd, enter. Or use Powershell). Type "python" and see if it opens the console for the 2.7.x version. When that is working you can continue the compilation.

--> if you still have issues with indentation post your tweaks.py file (upload it to dropbox and add a link here).
--> did you do any change on the other files?
 
Best answers
0
Thanx for such a fast reply. I switched from Python 3 to 2 and it worked! I'm now off to raze any villages that refused to help me at the beginning of my game. Thanx for the help!
 
Best answers
0
This does not help me!

Every time that I go to start it, it will start the cmd prompt but less than half a second later it shuts off!

I can't get it to start, and this isn't easy.  I downloaded Python and typed it into cmd and it came up with the license and all that. 

I can't get any farther, because the instructions make no sense to me!  I'd appreciate the help if you could all do so. 

I can provide screenshots for you if you need be, but I can't do much other.  Please help me, the VC DLC is so good, but it needs tweaks. 

Thank you!
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
PinkFluffyBunnyWarrior said:
I can't get any farther, because the instructions make no sense to me!
add this on first line of run_app.bat:
if not defined in_subprocess (cmd /k set in_subprocess=y ^& %0 %*) & exit )
or
open your console (typing the cmd thingy)
navigate to the folder for the app
excute the run_app.bat in there and copy the error messages
then check the error message
 

MaligTheWolf

Recruit
Best answers
0
easy way? maybe for coders. i don't know hot to use that python stuff and my language skills are not enough to learn :sad:
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
31
MaligTheWolf said:
easy way? maybe for coders. i don't know hot to use that python stuff and my language skills are not enough to learn :sad:
you don't have to use Python at all, so no coding skills required  :mrgreen:

Just a text editor to change a few numbers. But you may want to check submods instead, as they are ready to play.



On another news: we have over 1500 downloads now. Next version is still planned to follow VC next patch (TBD), so keep a eye on the main forum for news on the DLC updates.
 
Best answers
0
kalarhan said:
PinkFluffyBunnyWarrior said:
I can't get any farther, because the instructions make no sense to me!
add this on first line of run_app.bat:
if not defined in_subprocess (cmd /k set in_subprocess=y ^& %0 %*) & exit )
or
open your console (typing the cmd thingy)
navigate to the folder for the app
excute the run_app.bat in there and copy the error messages
then check the error message
This makes no sense to me, sorry.  Not the brightest in the book when it comes for this.  Can you post a video or screenshots of what I need to do to choose my tweaks and how to make sure it works?  Would be highly appreciated, for people who can't code and understand these most-likely-simple-instructions.