[TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan said:
kaiser said:
Am I doing something wrong?

see this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348186.msg8423147.html#msg8423147

looks like you have issues with your Python installation. Remember the tool comes with a README.pdf file with instructions.

Ah thanks for the link in the right direction, I managed to fix it.

This is how I fixed the issue:

Sir Mordred said:
I was having the same problem but the instructions found at this link seem to have fixed things for me.
Apparently, windows doesn't know where to find python, for some reason, so you need to add it's location to the path list under control panel--advanced settings--environmental variables

I just followed the link that Sir Mordred put up and then followed the steps.

looks like you missed the installation step from the instructions. Discussed here as well:

kalarhan said:
craziii said:
operable program or batch file.
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command

this mean your Python installation is not completed. Probably missing the system variable that lets Windows find it. If you check the tutorial you will see the installer (Python) has a optional step that does that for ya (which you skipped)

now you need to do it manually  :arrow: http://pythoncentral.io/add-python-to-path-python-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/

Happy raiding!

I can't run ''run_app.bat''. The command box appear and disappear instantly, I tried to make a screen shot of the box and it says that ''python isn't recognize as intern command''. But Python is properly installed. When I Windows+R and type python everything works fine.

I also looked into my compiled file and it was empty except for the .gitignore

Please help me.

doudle said:
I can't run ''run_app.bat''. The command box appear and disappear instantly, I tried to make a screen shot of the box and it says that ''python isn't recognize as intern command''.

kalarhan said:
kaiser said:
Am I doing something wrong?

see this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348186.msg8423147.html#msg8423147

looks like you have issues with your Python installation. Remember the tool comes with a README.pdf file with instructions.

Yea i found this site and it helped me
http://pythoncentral.io/add-python-to-path-python-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/
Thanks by the way :smile:

doudle said:
Yea i found this site and it helped me

np. Its a common mistake as you can see with the comments in this thread. Python installer already does that for you, but people forget to push the button  :mrgreen:

Update:

No bugs reported with 1.1.
The base game is still on version 2.025 (VC 2.025). No news on when devs will release a new update (2.026+).
No plans for new tweaks (and no requests on the Tweaks Thread).
Downloads are at ~600 (25% last version), which indicates no demand for a 1.2. Thus no plans atm for it.

kalarhan said:
PinkFluffyBunnyWarrior said:
I can't get any farther, because the instructions make no sense to me!

add this on first line of run_app.bat:
if not defined in_subprocess (cmd /k set in_subprocess=y ^& %0 %*) & exit )

or
open your console (typing the cmd thingy)
navigate to the folder for the app
excute the run_app.bat in there and copy the error messages

then check the error message

That last part did the trick for me. as in, when I ran the batch file via cmd itself, it suddenly worked.  In case you don't constantly want to have to go to cmd and do this again, go to notepad and write this:

@echo off
cd C:\Users\your username\the path where you unpacked the tool \VC_Tweaks_Tool-1.1
run_app.bat
pause

In my case I unpacked it in my downloads folder so I get:

@echo off
cd C:\Users\myusername\Downloads\VC_Tweaks_Tool-1.1\VC_Tweaks_Tool-1.1
run_app.bat
pause

Then you save this as start.bat or any name you choose just make sure it ends with .bat and you save it as all file types

Now you have a batch file that you can run as administator

To make it really easy

if you download the tweaker, just unpack it to your c drive and write this in notepad:

@echo off
cd C:\VC_Tweaks_Tool-1.1
run_app.bat
pause

and then choose "save as" save it as filename.bat and pick all file types, and it should work and everytime you tweak you just double click your new batch file

thank  you for the suggestion @Temujin.

just to make it clear for any users: that is not required at all. Its just a alternative step for users that failed to install Python and are trying to fix it.

another suggestion:
kalarhan said:
add this on first line of run_app.bat:
if not defined in_subprocess (cmd /k set in_subprocess=y ^& %0 %*) & exit )

Any new user that follows the instructions (README.PDF file) won't have to worry about this.

Is there a tweak that lets you get loot from defending in a siege? right now you get nothing, or next to nothing.

LordCanute said:
Is there a tweak that lets you get loot from defending in a siege? right now you get nothing, or next to nothing.

nope, you can see the list of tweaks available by following the OP description.

what you want is to rework the loot system (call it a new feature). It is not hard, but you will need to learn about coding and how the game currently works (hardcoded), so you can apply similar rules to these engine exceptions.

check the Q&A thread for modding (sticky) for more info and the Forge if you want to learn about modding

Update:

The base game was updated to  2.028 (VC 2.028). Warband was also updated to 1.17x
Downloads are at ~1100 (45% last version), which indicates no demand for a 1.2. Thus no plans atm for it.
I may released a new version next year once we get 1.129+

FAQ:
1) Can I update my game (Warband) to 1.170+ ?
Answer: yes

2) Can I use Tweaks Tool 1.1 with the latest Warband ?

3) Which VC bugs are not fixed ?
Answer: check the DLC patch notes here -> https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,358590.0.html

4) Why did you not release 1.2?
Answer: no demand right now. Changes from 2.025 are minor

5) Did the devs release 2.028 source code?
Answer: not yet. Check TW website for updates (should come soon)

6) No new tweaks?
Answer: nope, no requests on the Tweaks thread

IS the tweak tool compatible with VC 2.028? For some reason my game map flickers after starting a new game with 2.028. Have not ran the tool post-patch though.

Update:

The base game was updated to  2.028 (VC 2.028). Warband was also updated to 1.17x
Downloads are at ~1100 (45% last version), which indicates no demand for a 1.2. Thus no plans atm for it.
I may release a new version once we get 1.129+

FAQ:

Answer: check the DLC patch notes here -> https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,358590.0.html

Answer: yes. link

6) No new tweaks?

7) What happens if I apply the Tweaks Tool 1.1 on a VC 2.028 folder?
Answer: you will create a tweaked version of VC 2.025

Update:

Downloads are at ~1500 (~70% last version), which indicates no demand for a 1.2. Thus no plans for it at this time.

FAQ:

6) No new tweaks?

Answer: you will create a tweaked version of VC 2.025

Hello.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your work on this tool.

I've only registered here to ask you to please consider updating this tool to the latest patch, there's at least one person who'll download it (me). :grin:

Cheers.

Gorlomi said:
I've only registered here to ask you to please consider updating this tool to the latest patch, there's at least one person who'll download it (me). :grin:

probably when they release 2.029+ (next patch), as there are no major issues/bugs on SP sandbox that would affect the current version. If you find any issues remember to post them here.

Visit the Tweaks thread if you have suggestions on some new additions https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.0.html. I haven't played vanilla VC in a long time, so no idea what you guys are doing now  :mrgreen:

Cheers

Hey kalarhan,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm not usually a scripting guy, but if I, say, wanted to add my own tweak to your tool and use it, should I just edit the .py files from the 'app' folder and then compile (only once compiled a mod for Warband so not 100% sure here)? I want to play around with the script_party_get_ideal_size part, as described by you in the tweaks thread (my post is also a suggestion to include the tweak in the tool as well).

Gorlomi said:
should I just edit the .py files from the 'app' folder and then compile

yes, just like any modsys for Warband mods. Just remember to use the "run_app.bat" file for the compilation (it simple copies the tweaks.py you did and executes the normal build_module.bat)

See Q&A modding thread if you need help on modding, and the Forge for general guides.

Cheers

Update:

Downloads are at ~1900 (~90% last version), which indicates low demand for a 1.2.

FAQ:

Answer: no low demand right now. Changes from 2.025 are minor

6) No new tweaks?

Answer: you will create a tweaked version of VC 2.025, which works just fine. You will use any new scenes, sounds, etc (assets), graphic fixes, that are not affected by this tool. This tool only operates on game features, not the visual/graphics/sounds/shaders...

Back
Top Bottom