[Werewolf] Werewolf High - Wolf Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

E-xbz.jpg

“I must congratulate you, dear students, on your new ruthless modus operandi. For two days your inaction meant that the wolves could pick you off with impunity. You have surely learnt from your mistakes, and today have opted to hang a student who has not yet even arrived in class. I would say, ‘I hope he doesn’t put up too much of a fight’, but of course, he isn’t here. Regardless, I have informed campus security that when he does finally arrive at school today, Ah_Zhou is to be pacified and then summarily hanged.”

And so it happened that Ah_Zhou did show up for school, and was immediately jumped upon by two burly security guards. He was given no trial, no chance to offer any words of defence; only the gallows awaited him, and as the noose was slipped around his neck, he let out one final cry.

“But I had only just reached Level 6!”

Ah_Zhou has been lynched. He was Ar-Zor, Destroyer of Evil! (the D&D Fanatic).

It is now Night. Orders are due to me by Sunday 3rd January, 10PM GMT

Vote Count – Day 4, Count 1

Ah_Zhou (6) Teofish, Big McLarge-Huge, Rocketsheep, Orgasmo, Lumos, Arch3r
Arch3r (1) King Bowser
King Bowser (1) Bolo the Bear
Lumos (1) Untitled

King Bowser votes Arch3r
Arch3r votes King Bowser
Bolo the Bear votes King Bowser
Orgasmo votes King Bowser
Untitled votes Lumos
Teofish votes Ah_Zhou
Big McLarge votes Ah_Zhou
Rocketsheep votes Ah_Zhou
Orgasmo votes Ah_Zhou
Lumos votes Ah_Zhou
Arch3r votes Ah_Zhou

E-xbz.jpg
  “I trust all of you still alive have had a restful weekend? Please remember that the threat of imminent death is no excuse for not doing your homework. Your teachers will still expect any homework to be handed by their appointed deadlines, and rest assured, there will still be random tests administered throughout the academic year. Testing will continue until graduation, or until you’re all dead. As an aside, there have been far too many late library books returned recently. The school librarian has asked me to inform you that there will now be a charge incurred for late returns.

“It also falls to me to once again be the bearer of sad news. Our old friend Orgasmo, who was killed by wolves and then magically reanimated into a completely new body, has recently been killed by wolves again. One must wonder what he possibly could have done to invoke their ire. The scene of his murder was particularly vicious; he was not consumed, but exsanguinated. One might almost think that his death was caused by some other blood-sucking creature of the night.” A small smile tugs at the Principal’s lips. “But of course, we all know there’s no such thing as vampires. With regards to Orgasmo, the police did find one item of note at the scene; a camera. It was hoped that with this camera, Orgasmo might have captured a picture of his attacker. Alas, this was not the case. It seems that Orgasmo, like many drunken college frat boys, was taken from behind.

“Coincidentally, we’re running out of students. If you can’t hang a wolf today, I fear that the wolves will overrun the entire school, if not the whole town. It would be most… unfortunate… if that were to happen. Please do try to smite something evil before the next full moon, won’t you?”

Orgasmo (Mk II) has been killed! He was the AV Club nerd.

The new deadline is Friday 8th January, 10PM GMT.

Today is Lynch or Lose

Trying to tie Bowser to the killing of Orgasmo makes you look mightily red-handed, you know...

Looking at who is still alive, I'm pretty damn sure Bodrax is the evil vet in this group. The fact Orgasmo had to die twice, but Bowser and I are still alive confirms me in this thought (that I'm not going to elaborate on because it's meta).

I forgot...is claiming allowed? Because if our seer is still alive, then he should say what he knows right now.

To me Bodrax and Arch3r are head above shoulders the most suspicious left of the bunch. For the third guy in the group, I was unsure, even though Rocketsheep just filed in an application to be lynched.

Bodrax is scum, I'm telling you. Everything he's done so far has been his villainous self. Lynch him now!

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Looking at who is still alive, I'm pretty damn sure Bodrax is the evil vet in this group. The fact Orgasmo had to die twice, but Bowser and I are still alive confirms me in this thought (that I'm not going to elaborate on because it's meta).
Everything he's done so far has been his villainous self.
Why are you even applying meta in a non-meta game? The whole point (at least, is what I think) was to not even look at how people usually play, yet you use this to base his innocence/guilt of?

well thats a bummer eh? :lol:
I had no idea I even died, because I didn't get any notification on my gmail on about this thread, until someone posted.
Ah yes I almost forgot.

Ah_Zhou now haunts the school hallways.
Why won't anyone believe to me before I died? :lol:

Arch3r said:
Why are you even applying meta in a non-meta game? The whole point (at least, is what I think) was to not even look at how people usually play, yet you use this to base his innocence/guilt of?
1) Why do you feel the need to defend Bodrax? Anything he has done that makes you think he's innocent? And yes, I know you suspect me, or at least you did for a long time...

2) Frankly, my paragraph above might sound like it's all about meta, but if you read my arguments earlier in the thread, you'll notice that I have brought forth more than enough reasons why Bodrax is behaving suspiciously. Even without meta...

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Arch3r said:
1) Why do you feel the need to defend Bodrax?
Where am I defending Bodrax? I am simplying questioning your meta-methods in a WW game intended to be without any meta.

McBig: Rules state that no claim other than "innocent villager" is allowed.

My post was indeed about Bowser, but it stems from your argument and not Bowser specifically. He can just as easily have been framed. You comment is true, though - we have not lynched any vets, and we've not lynched any wolves. I also cannot argue with your points on Bodrax.

Archer: At this point I wonder if a game can ever TRULY be without meta when anonymity isn't enforced.

It's a flaw in this specific game, and I'm beginning to feel it's something we can't keep ignoring if we want the whole picture.

To elaborate, the meta knowledge you have of Bodrax for example makes you blind to the objective picture the rest of us see, and you're not allowed to elaborate upon your view in depth because of it.

That being said, it's very few of us new people that post very much. So the game is still overwhelming, it seems.

The problem is, that whether you call it meta or not, there'll always be an element of "I think this is his/her dishonest behavior", which is what most gut feelings are about. So right now I'm just allowed to say that I think he feels off, as anything beyond that would be breaking the rules.

That being said, only because people aren't allowed to talk about meta doesn't mean their own meta knowledge doesn't influence their decision-making.

Last, but not least, I see objectively very little reason to believe in Bodrax's innocence. He's lazy, he left his vote on the host at the end of the first day (something a pro shouldn't be doing when it counts), he flirted with picking up Untitled's "hint", only to ask for another hint from him the next day when it was clear that Untitled was in no way a special.

Big McLarge-Huge said:
The problem is, that whether you call it meta or not, there'll always be an element of "I think this is his/her dishonest behavior", which is what most gut feelings are about. So right now I'm just allowed to say that I think he feels off, as anything beyond that would be breaking the rules.

That being said, only because people aren't allowed to talk about meta doesn't mean their own meta knowledge doesn't influence their decision-making.

Last, but not least, I see objectively very little reason to believe in Bodrax's innocence. He's lazy, he left his vote on the host at the end of the first day (something a pro shouldn't be doing when it counts), he flirted with picking up Untitled's "hint", only to ask for another hint from him the next day when it was clear that Untitled was in no way a special.
These comments I can agree with, but the problem I had with the comment I quoted earlier was this part especially:
(that I'm not going to elaborate on because it's meta).
In my eyes, you're trying to convince people by saying you have meta knowledge about Bodrax. In my opinion you should've just left all mentions of meta out of your post, because meta is not allowed and saying that you've found him guilty based on meta that you're not going to tell anyone may still influence people.

I cannot object to you using your meta knowledge, but I'd rather that you keep it to yourself.

I think the second point is the most important - that we can't avoid meta knowledge, so we won't gain anything by hushing it up.

Why aren't you voting for Bodrax then? Did I miss a vote?

In case that question was directed at me, the answer is simple: normally people only place a vote in lynch-or-lose situations when the lynch target has been agreed on in discussion, as one wrong vote gives the wolves an opportunity to bomb vote the game.

Basically that means I want to hear everybodies (or at least as many as possible's) opinion before placing a vote.

Yes, it was directed at you. That makes sense.

I agree with all your points. My only objection is that our main argument for lynching Zhou was that he did what Bodrax does.

Back
Top Bottom