Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Zephiris said:
1. Is there a complete list of all possible "special prizes" for the tournaments anywhere?

2. What are the definitive requirements for the tournament prizes?
the script that handles rewards :
Code:
  (
    "town_tournament_won",mnf_disable_all_keys,
    "You have won the tournament of {s3}! You are filled with pride as the crowd cheers your name. " +
    "In addition to honour, fame and glory, you earn a prize of {reg9} peningas. {s8}",
    "none",
    [ (set_background_mesh, "mesh_pic_victory"), #pic book
      ##        (try_begin),
      ##          (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
      ##          (position_set_x, pos0, 70),
      ##          (position_set_y, pos0, 30),
      ##          (position_set_z, pos0, 75),
      ##          (set_game_menu_tableau_mesh, "tableau_troop_note_mesh", "trp_player", pos0),
      ##        (try_end),

(str_store_party_name, s3, "$current_town"),
      (troop_get_slot, ":player_renown", "trp_player", slot_troop_renown),
      (try_begin),
        (lt, ":player_renown", 200),
        (call_script, "script_change_troop_renown", "trp_player", 10),
      (else_try),
        (store_mul, ":boost", 200, 10),
        (val_div, ":boost", ":player_renown"),
        (call_script, "script_change_troop_renown", "trp_player", ":boost"),
      (try_end),
      (store_random_in_range, ":rand", 0, 20),
      (try_begin),
        (eq, ":rand", 0),
        (troop_add_item, "trp_player", "itm_common_horse", 0), #chief da objeto al ganar torneo
        (display_message, "@An expensive horse is awarded to you for your victory.", 0xFF0000),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":rand", 1),
        (troop_add_item, "trp_player", "itm_cow1", 0), #chief da objeto al ganar torneo
        (display_message, "@A fat cow is awarded to you for your victory.", 0xFF0000),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":rand", 2),
        (troop_add_item, "trp_player", "itm_byrnie34", 0), #chief da objeto al ganar torneo
        (display_message, "@You are given a beautiful shirt of mail adorned with a pelt, as befits a mighty warlord.", 0xFF0000),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":rand", 3),
        (troop_add_item, "trp_player", "itm_noble_sword", 0), #chief da objeto al ganar torneo
        (display_message, "@They give you a fine sword, worthy of a noble.", 0xFF0000),
      (else_try),
        (display_message, "@They appreciate your participation in the competition and place a wreath of laurel on your head.", 0xFF0000),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
        (party_get_slot, ":center_relation", "$current_town", slot_center_player_relation),
        (lt, ":center_relation", 30),
        (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_center", "$current_town", 6),
      (try_end),

(assign, reg9, 200),
      (add_xp_to_troop, 250, "trp_player"),
      (troop_add_gold, "trp_player", reg9),
      (str_clear, s8),
      (store_add, ":total_win", "$g_tournament_bet_placed", "$g_tournament_bet_win_amount"),
      (try_begin),
        (gt, "$g_tournament_bet_win_amount", 0),
        (assign, reg8, ":total_win"),
        (str_store_string, s8, "@Moreover, you earn {reg8} peningas from the clever bets you placed on yourself..."),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
        (this_or_next|neq, "$players_kingdom", "$g_encountered_party_faction"),
        (neg|troop_slot_ge, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 70),
        (neg|troop_slot_ge, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 145),

(faction_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", slot_faction_ai_state, sfai_feast),
        (faction_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", slot_faction_ai_object, "$g_encountered_party"),
        (str_store_string, s8, "str_s8_you_are_also_invited_to_attend_the_ongoing_feast_in_the_castle"),
      (try_end),
      (troop_add_gold, "trp_player", ":total_win"),
      (assign, ":player_odds_sub", 0),
      (store_div, ":player_odds_sub", "$g_tournament_bet_win_amount", 5),
      (party_get_slot, ":player_odds", "$current_town", slot_town_player_odds),
      (val_sub, ":player_odds", ":player_odds_sub"),
      (val_max, ":player_odds", 250),
      (party_set_slot, "$current_town", slot_town_player_odds, ":player_odds"),
      (call_script, "script_play_victorious_sound"),

(unlock_achievement, ACHIEVEMENT_MEDIEVAL_TIMES),
    ],
    [
      ("continue", [], "Continue...",
        [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_town"),
      ]),
    ]
  ),

1) 4 rewards (you can see the texts above): horse, piece of armor (expensive one), sword or a cow (unique item that can give you butter every 24 hours if you keep it on your inventory)
if you want to check stats/etc on them you can use Morgh's tool

2) pure luck (it is a random check). A random of 0,20 means the numbers = [0,1,2, ... , 19] (20 in total). So a check of 1 in 20 is 5% chance

(game code is available for download on the modding section in case you want to learn more about game mechanics, tweaks or modding)

kalarhan said:
BondBroker said:
Tar. Any suggestions where can I find it?

you can find tar in centers, from caravans (buy/loot) or create a enterprise that produces it

Norway is usually a good place to look for it
Thank you sir, I found Tar in Tunsburg.
I have one more question, Does this DLC has only Pony and Horse as Horse species, Or are there more species of horses which you cant find in horse merchant shops.

kalarhan said:
BondBroker said:
Tar. Any suggestions where can I find it?

you can find tar in centers, from caravans (buy/loot) or create a enterprise that produces it

Norway is usually a good place to look for it

1. You can "buy" from caravans?

2. What enterprise? I thought the only ones available are the brewery and ironworks and such; is there another type of enterprise I'm not aware of?

Modding Couched Lance onto a polearm in VC?

Is it possible? and where should I look for how to do it, for let's say, Ray?

Zephiris said:

visit the modding section. The [modding Q&A thread] explains how modding works, and how to download the game code. You could also try using Morgh's Tool. The couched ability comes from flag "itp_couchable". If you need further help you can visit the Forge (section of the forum for all things modding)

(this Q&A is just for vanilla game, not tweaks/mods/etc)

Zephiris said:

Is it possible? and where should I look for how to do it, for let's say, Ray?

This is quite easy to do with Morgh's Tools. When you first start Morgh's Tools (assuming that you haven't used it yet) you'll have to look at "Text compiled files configuration" box. Click on "Browse" and find your Mount & Blade: Warband directory. Then open the "Modules" directory and finally "Viking Conquest" directory. Click OK then Save Configuration. Now you can use Morgh's Tools to edit this module.

Next, you'll need to find the spears that you want to improve by adding "couched" ability. Open the "item Editor". Once you're in there, look at the lower left corner and use the "filter items (type)" option. Choose polearms. This is the easiest way to find all the spears. Wait for a bit and you'll see a list of all the spears in the game. Click on a spear and on the right you'll see 3 columns with multiple check boxes. You're only interested in the first column. Scroll down and find "covers head / couchable" check box. Click on it. And that's it! All that remains is to save this change by clicking on "Save changes" in the top right corner. Your Ray can now used as a lance. You'll have to do the same to other spears if you want them to be couchable. You don't have to make changes to "itm_noswing" items.

Templar_Maluxul said:
This is quite easy to do with Morgh's Tools.

let not discuss how to tweak/mod in this thread. If you change the game it is no longer supported by the devs (as they can't control/test your changes). That is the reason this thread is for the pure/vanilla game only, and we have other subforum/threads for modding

Cheers

kalarhan said:
Jeyko said:
Hello!

I started my own faction at Dubh Linn. Now the first Lord defected to my faction and  his title was Hersir. He was debauched so i didnt take him. After that his title changed to Dryhten. So now i concluded that the title is linked to the kingdom. Can i change my kingdom from being viewed as norse? I want to go for the High King of Ireland quest and it would be annoying if my christian Lords with irish Armies would have norse titles.

Thank you in advance!

your faction follows your personal culture, which you choose when you create a new game (character). Old games may be "norse" by default, new games will follow this rule.

edit this slot for your faction: slot_faction_culture

Short answer: not in game unless you tweak it or edit your save game

Could you clarify this please? What does one need to do in slot_faction_culture and were do you find it? Also what is not in game?, and what needs tweaking exactly?
By the way I played as my own norse kingdom, but some things it lacked, like caravans didn't have norse troops, no coastal patrols, no fishers,etc..
However I did have lords with the Hersir and Jarl titles which I only now realised it could have been different had I picked a different culture in the beginning of the game. And for a minute there I thought it was irrelevant.

oorestis said:
kalarhan said:
your faction follows your personal culture
Could you clarify this please?

centers have their own culture, which will affect the troops you recruit from them. That is fixed, no matter who is the current ruler. There are even a few areas where towns and villages are of different culture.

your vassals titles (Jarl, Lord, ...) depend on the kingdom culture. For the player's faction that is your personal culture, which you choose when you create a new character. You can't change your mind later on (you are born a Norseman, you can't change to be a Frank)

Code:
  ("faction_to_cb7",[(store_script_param, ":faction", 1),

(faction_get_slot, ":culture", ":faction", slot_faction_culture),
      (try_begin),
        (eq, ":culture", "fac_culture_norse"),
        (assign, reg0, cb7_norseman),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":culture", "fac_culture_welsh"),
        (assign, reg0, cb7_briton),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":culture", "fac_culture_irish"),
        (assign, reg0, cb7_irish),
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":culture", "fac_culture_scotch"),
        (assign, reg0, cb7_scotopict),
      (else_try),
        (assign, reg0, cb7_anglesaxon),
      (try_end),]), 

Code:
#norse
  ("faction_title_male_player", "Konungr {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_1", "Jarl {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_2", "Hersir {s0}"),
#angle saxon
  ("faction_title_male_3", "Cyning {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_4", "Ealdorman {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_5", "Dryhten {s0}"),
#britons
  ("faction_title_male_6", "Ri {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_player", "Guledic {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_1", "Tiern {s0}"),
#irish and pictish
  ("faction_title_female_2", "Ruire {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_3", "Tiarna {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_4", "Mael {s0}"),
#other
  ("faction_title_female_5", "Dux {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_6", "Warlord {s0}"),
#fin cambios chief

IF you want to edit your savegame google for "MnBSaveGameEditor"  or create a new thread. This one is just for vanilla game (no cheats, hacks, tweaks, etc), as only the vanilla game is supported by the developers (as they can't know what you did on your computer).

keep in mind when looking at old quotes (like this one from 2015) that the game had several patchs on the first ~6 months (Dec 2014 until Reforged Edition release), so old rules may not apply to the current version.

erennuman_mb said:
The Q&A Thread for Viking Conquest
-This thread is for questions related to the vanilla game.

Cheers

I've lost Bodo like 2 days ago, he kept complaining and having his morale low despite i had what people call a stable party.(he was unhappy with companion preferences or something like that). After that i've used the tweak that won't allow companions to leave so i wouldn't lose Asbjorn aswell. Where do i find the companions that left? I've searched all the town's tavern and nothing. I've also got save game editor and and followed the steps and set his slot_troop_cur_center (which was to -1) to 31 (which is Dorestad), and after the export and load game etc, he was supposed to be in Dorestand meadhall but he wasn't. I also tried with different locations but nowhere to be found. What to do?

ssilviu250 said:
I've lost Bodo like 2 days ago,...Where do i find the companions that left?

companions that leave you will take some time off before going back to the recruiting pool (retiring, angry, etc), and they may become adventurers and never return as companions.

now if you want help with tweaks, cheats, savegame editor, etc, please open a new thread for that. This one is reserved only for vanilla game. And remember that once you use any of those options the VC devs can't help you  with bugs, etc.

Inara said:
right to rule in Viking Conquest

similar to Native Warband. The easiest way is to send different companions in a mission to spread word about how awesome you are and how you are Arthur coming back to life, and thus should rule over all Britannia.

if you are new to VC and playing sandbox modes check out the [Set a Goal] feature. It will help explain some basic concepts and how to move up in the medieval ladder.
:arrow: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,339728.0.html

I was on the forums on my phone the other day and came across a thread with several tweaks for viking conquest, can you link this to me, please?
Also, the one where it shows how to install these modifications, thanks.

Does changing armor_soak_factor_against_pierce in module.ini from 0.65 to 0.3 make me more vunerable to pierce attacks?
How does armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce work?

Back
Top Bottom