Rigale & perisno co-Submod: Phosphor v20r71 BUG REPORTS HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

he he..another funny one.

I am playing a Amazon style character. Female, Redwood, All Redwood Riders and Knights. So after some playing time I asked the Princess how we can forge an lasting alliance, and well, with some script errors but none the less, we getting married.  :party: I can see from the script errors there was supposed to be a no female marrying female event, but it failed.

Marinxar said:

I am playing a Amazon style character. Female, Redwood, All Redwood Riders and Knights. So after some playing time I asked the Princess how we can forge an lasting alliance, and well, with some script errors but none the less, we getting married.  :party: I can see from the script errors there was supposed to be a no female marrying female event, but it failed.

Yes diplomacy re-enabled same sex marriages.
Those poor princesses sure get plenty of attention.  There are 156 other females that could marry, less a few married to lords already, but its only the Princesses that get most of the attention.

gsanders said:
Marinxar said:

Yes diplomacy re-enabled same sex marriages.
Those poor princesses sure get plenty of attention.  There are 156 other females that could marry, less a few married to lords already, but its only the Princesses that get most of the attention.

Aww shame, lol. Her position as princess to a realm has made her the village bicycle  :razz: 

I figured from a strategic point of view, she would give best right to rule position. If that even is taken as a factor. Not sure.

It is, and thats the usual reason people chase her, plus she has a standing army and real estate of her own.
  Sometime I have to give huge penalties to players that want to strip Princess Bergit for example of the wyvern she rides on because their lame riding horse seems inferior...

I know the formations has been mentioned, but I would like to emphasise the problem with Cavalry. They are stuck in this wedge/triangle formation. Which is probably the worst formation for cavalry. They en up charging in a line 3 - 5 wide and pile up in to the backs of the other cavalry. I need to be able to spread them out so they encircle the enemy and maximize charge and polearm impact.

NVM : I see you need to use the " Spread out" Command after you select the formation. Then they respond accordingly.

not sure if a bug, but it is kinda funny.... during character creation, 2 messages scrolled in the text.
Realm of Falcon declaring war against Hakkon and Tolrania.

when studying to pick up novice trade skills, there is a message about a bonus. it says '+0 form trade skill bonus', I am sure it should be 'from'.
medic training has (you received compagnon teachings), should this be companion ?

found a skeleton with money and received 'script error on opcode 521: invalid party ID: -1; line no 7:
at menu menu_quest_rigale_pouch_denars item mno_continue_quest_pouch consequence.

came upon a wounded man, had to click tend his wounds 6 times before I could get past the encounter.

also, the stuck in town bug still happens.... twice to me so far with new game / fresh install.

I read the maps and the locations they are supposed to reveal don't show up.
also, locations I discover will disapear off the map until I get close to them again.

did some work for the village of Shibal Zumr, which resulted in me getting a message about gaining relation and 1 shibal zumr. I closed the message and received 1 ale and 34xp.

error entering castle in Dwallnor 'couldn't load textures\highlander_body_4_s.dds'

went to recruit volunteers, and there is 3 miners and 0 of me(my characters name) available to recruit in Karnoth.

in guilds district screen of towns, there is a few blank lines between medic and tailoring.

received quest 'get out of the woods', when I reached a town I got the text notification that I succeeded and the next line was quest cancelled.

some battlegrounds are empty.

I noticed buying land in a town is not there.

when having companions loot, can it be shown what they upgrade too?

the scout spawning fix. does that stop all scouts from spawning ?
or is there a limiting factor now ?

I can see a limiting factor something like :
each scout party will stay near the originating location.
villages - 2 scout groups each.
towns - 3 scout groups each.
castles - 5 scout groups each.

is there plans to allow players to start in the other kingdoms ?

any plans to allow players to enable/disable some features? (having to find guild master for example, or making relation changes between factions text only instead of popup)

Hi all,

have a game-breaking problem with Hunting Spots:

- on entering I get info that I got a message and declined,

- gathering proceeds normally,

- on exiting I lose the bottom bar(where Camp and other commands are) and info on the left bottom screen both while travelling and in battle. This effect is persistent.

Can this be toggled back somehow? Because the only way now is exiting to desk and start a new game.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

the old wounded man loop persists in .08. Get rid of him.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Yes I don't need him.  I was going to make him into an option to gain a camper but its not pleasing to loop like that, and the whole concept was originally just a vehicle to deliver a quest I absolutely wanted killed.

This will be resolved shortly.  It' one of my top open issues.

Not sure if you can change this, but character sits too low on the War Elephant. Only his chest sticks out above the back of the elephant. Which in itself is not a big issue for me, but the War Elephant has the cage of it's back blocking your view. So I now have a 70K Denar blindfold.  :lol:

Joelnh said:
not sure if a bug, but it is kinda funny.... during character creation, 2 messages scrolled in the text.
  If Realm of the Falcon thinks its in "ally" status with a kingdom and that kingdom is at war, RotF does so as well.

when studying to pick up novice trade skills, there is a message about a bonus. it says '+0 form trade skill bonus', I am sure it should be 'from'.
medic training has (you received compagnon teachings), should this be companion ?
  Thanks, there are many mistakes in English from Rigale and I merged without really taking much time to go over each line (I can only parse about 5000 lines an hour so reading every line would take about 14 hours).  I haven't even changed "compagnon" to companion or the worst "Herboristery" to "Gardening" or "Florist" or something like "farming".

found a skeleton with money and received 'script error on opcode 521: invalid party ID: -1; line no 7:
at menu menu_quest_rigale_pouch_denars item mno_continue_quest_pouch consequence.
    Actually these seem to point to useless locations so I should find them in timed triggers and just cut them out.  It will take far longer to find it than remove it.

came upon a wounded man, had to click tend his wounds 6 times before I could get past the encounter.
    He needs to go, and I know where that code lives...

also, the stuck in town bug still happens.... twice to me so far with new game / fresh install.
    This is with v08?  Yesterday's patch?  Its not a "start a new game" event; it always fixes itself by going to tavern, press ESC key to exit and if you have autosave on, load game and reenter and its cleared. I think its from leftover time setting a forced rest, and v08 took special precautions to clear every flag I could find that deals with you staying in town.  v06 (the Phosphor.7z by itself) or patch v07 didn't have the same exit from town so thus the question.

treasure maps or maps bought from market?  The read map from actions? 

also, locations I discover will disapear off the map until I get close to them again.
  This is Rigale deciding to hide things until you have "explored" the region very well (you get a message "you know this area well" when nothing left to find exists in the radius set by your party sighting skill.  This skill needs to be fairly high. )  I'd like to find this code and pull it so fog of war behaves as in Perisno.  The original justification is until you know civilization skill "mapping" you aren't so able to find your way around but its actually too much work for players.

did some work for the village of Shibal Zumr, which resulted in me getting a message about gaining relation and 1 shibal zumr. I closed the message and received 1 ale and 34xp.

error entering castle in Dwallnor 'couldn't load textures\highlander_body_4_s.dds'
  That I thought I fixed with patch v07 and v08.  It would be present in v06 and phosphor.7z (which was patched to v06 last time it was uploaded).  I need to remake it for v09, possibly tomorrow with the old man pulled.

went to recruit volunteers, and there is 3 miners and 0 of me(my characters name) available to recruit in Karnoth.
    This because kingdoms 1 to 6 (which have native names) have WISEMEN attached, and it wanted to offer you a wiseman of the same numbered faction.  But Dwarf is faction 10, its outside the range 1-6, and I didn't yet put a trap for what to do when faction > 6.  I'd expect the same at Fountain Hall, Grund, and Grindr, for the same reason.  I'll get to that soon enough.  Although its been almost a month since merge I was out of town for 2 of those weeks.  So essentially the mod is 2 weeks old in its present form.  I know I know, excuses excuses  :smile:

in guilds district screen of towns, there is a few blank lines between medic and tailoring.
    I think its dropping some guilds.

received quest 'get out of the woods', when I reached a town I got the text notification that I succeeded and the next line was quest cancelled.
    I had it forcibly cancel any such quest on hitting a town or village because I was seeing the quest not realize when you left the treeline and wanted it always to restore full travel speed.  This seemed the cheesiest / most easy way to guarantee that it would end sooner or later.  So that's a fail-safe code kicking in.

some battlegrounds are empty.
    The thing about battlegrounds is originally they were made long enough to attach a label on the map "Battle" and at that instant they were a party with no leader and not belonging to anyone.  I was not creating them and then the next random lord having a battle got assigned as their party leader.  This filled the screen for "recent messages" with spam about incorrect party leader for some ID number and these things were filling up, not showing on the map, and never deactivated.  The battleground marker now has a likely contents, that belong to themselves, and if not are an empty garrison.  They are auto-cleaned and removed from the map every 3 days, globally, and not just deactivated, which reduces the number of parties to check when all parties are checked.  Rigale originally had them to support necromancy (making undead), but I considered that unclean.  I may allow you to gain karma or renown by burying the dead or lose a bit of each and plunder dead from a battleground, or it could yet escalate (especially in a parallel dream world) that that spot spawns undead while in the "real" world they are just dead.  For now its a placeholder of little value.

I didn't merge those in, but you're the second person to ask about it.  I may look it up and see about merging it later.  I figured there was already enough that was 'soft" and needed debugging, so that merging less was less to debug.  I'll consider it after this much gets stable, which could happen by May day.

when having companions loot, can it be shown what they upgrade too?
  I guess you're asking about changes from auto-loot.  Auto-loot is a messy ball of wax written by a 3rd person, so its something I'd prefer not to mess with while there are still so many other open issues.  I could agree to remove auto-loot if it was a problem; and you can toggle it on and off at camp menu.
Otherwise it was something already in Perisno, but there's plenty of OSP things in Perisno that might just be taking up space and causing trouble.  I hadn't really used auto-loot much.  Something more immediately interesting would be taking away the companions items before hiring them (and lowering their cost) else greatly lowering their relationship if certain items are removed from them and not replaced by equal value or higher.  But that's a further layer of coding that needs to wait for immediate bugs to be solved, so its still several weeks off as I already have plans for much of May.

the scout spawning fix. does that stop all scouts from spawning ?
or is there a limiting factor now ?
      The way scouts were supposed to be limited was to count them up and keep spawning if below a certain number.  This was not code written by me, by the way, but in Perisno and for once not from me.  What instead happened was it never actually got to a value greater than 0 because it checked for the wrong name for the scout party.  Zeph noticed it and fixed it; scouts spawned by other cities work; you get some scouts I think as well but with a correct cap.

I can see a limiting factor something like :
each scout party will stay near the originating location.
villages - 2 scout groups each.
towns - 3 scout groups each.
castles - 5 scout groups each.
    Its less than that, or at least you have castles and towns flipped.  I don't expect villages count at all.

You mean Dwarf, Giant, Bluewood, Realm of the Falcon, Valhir?
  This could be done as a June problem.  Its still too close to first merge to rewrite the beginning just yet.  Perisno .8 wanted to throw away all the beginning code and redo the start, but I'd rather redo the map in May by opening some sort of parallel map.  This seems a better use of my time.  Its a June problem, after May's planned work is done.  You'll see the advantage then.  At that time other kingdoms will appear.

any plans to allow players to enable/disable some features? (having to find guild master for example, or making relation changes between factions text only instead of popup)
  These are fine.  Unless you're volunteering to code all this its a June problem.  Guild master is auto-found if cheat menu is turned on, but I really have a lot to code and I'm the only one working on Phosphor.  Absolutely every one of those Santa's Elves at Perisno is waiting for me to bake the cake, frost, it, cut it, put it on the table, guarantee its bug free, and then, they'll sit down and eat it with me.  Until then the kitchen is quiet.  I'm not complaining, just explaining.
It is a fact more open issues exist in this 1 month onld Phosphor than in the 3-4 year old Perisno.  But I'll catch up "soon" (TM).

- GS

Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

- on exiting I lose the bottom bar(where Camp and other commands are) and info on the left bottom screen both while travelling and in battle. This effect is persistent.

Can this be toggled back somehow? Because the only way now is exiting to desk and start a new game.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  If you save game, exit and reload game what happens?

gsanders said:
Joelnh said:
  If Realm of the Falcon thinks its in "ally" status with a kingdom and that kingdom is at war, RotF does so as well.
I understand that, I was just stating that I got that message when I was still creating my character

This is with v08?  Yesterday's patch?  Its not a "start a new game" event; it always fixes itself by going to tavern, press ESC key to exit and if you have autosave on, load game and reenter and its cleared. I think its from leftover time setting a forced rest, and v08 took special precautions to clear every flag I could find that deals with you staying in town.  v06 (the Phosphor.7z by itself) or patch v07 didn't have the same exit from town so thus the question.
yes, this was with the patch from yesterday

treasure maps or maps bought from market?  The read map from actions? 
the maps bought from market

This is Rigale deciding to hide things until you have "explored" the region very well (you get a message "you know this area well" when nothing left to find exists in the radius set by your party sighting skill.  This skill needs to be fairly high. )  I'd like to find this code and pull it so fog of war behaves as in Perisno.  The original justification is until you know civilization skill "mapping" you aren't so able to find your way around but its actually too much work for players.
ok, this does make sense for rpg purposes. there is a workaround to find places. find location in notes and click show on map

This because kingdoms 1 to 6 (which have native names) have WISEMEN attached, and it wanted to offer you a wiseman of the same numbered faction.  But Dwarf is faction 10, its outside the range 1-6, and I didn't yet put a trap for what to do when faction > 6.  I'd expect the same at Fountain Hall, Grund, and Grindr, for the same reason.  I'll get to that soon enough.  Although its been almost a month since merge I was out of town for 2 of those weeks.  So essentially the mod is 2 weeks old in its present form.  I know I know, excuses excuses  :smile:
excuse in this case is also fact, so more of a reason why :smile:

I think its dropping some guilds.
I clicked the blank areas wondering if it was just hidden and it didn't do anything. is camp a skill trainable in town ?

I had it forcibly cancel any such quest on hitting a town or village because I was seeing the quest not realize when you left the treeline and wanted it always to restore full travel speed.  This seemed the cheesiest / most easy way to guarantee that it would end sooner or later.  So that's a fail-safe code kicking in.
what about a trigger to complete quest when your within a set range of a town, castle or village? if that's easy to code.

I didn't merge those in, but you're the second person to ask about it.  I may look it up and see about merging it later.  I figured there was already enough that was 'soft" and needed debugging, so that merging less was less to debug.  I'll consider it after this much gets stable, which could happen by May day.
sounds good, was there a mention of what was not merged that I missed ? if so, sorry.

You mean Dwarf, Giant, Bluewood, Realm of the Falcon, Valhir?
  This could be done as a June problem.  Its still too close to first merge to rewrite the beginning just yet.  Perisno .8 wanted to throw away all the beginning code and redo the start, but I'd rather redo the map in May by opening some sort of parallel map.  This seems a better use of my time.  Its a June problem, after May's planned work is done.  You'll see the advantage then.  At that time other kingdoms will appear.
Yes, all the available factions is what I meant.

These are fine.  Unless you're volunteering to code all this its a June problem.  Guild master is auto-found if cheat menu is turned on, but I really have a lot to code and I'm the only one working on Phosphor.  Absolutely every one of those Santa's Elves at Perisno is waiting for me to bake the cake, frost, it, cut it, put it on the table, guarantee its bug free, and then, they'll sit down and eat it with me.  Until then the kitchen is quiet.  I'm not complaining, just explaining.
It is a fact more open issues exist in this 1 month onld Phosphor than in the 3-4 year old Perisno.  But I'll catch up "soon" (TM).

your doing great, I have done some mod testing and very basic modding. so I know how hard it is. if your looking for help, I am sure there are people who would volunteer. I can volunteer as an idea man / tester. which is what I have been for Silverstag. :smile:

- GS

@ JoeInh:
  You sound like you at least kept notes while testing so my thanks for that.

At times I sound pretty mean about doing everything alone, but actually I volunteered to make a submod.  I can use some help but any coding means essentially either work done outside of Perisno and I merge them in myself OR I set you up with Michadr to join Perisno in which case I then can open phosphor code to a volunteer.  Its sort of a kludgy process but at least Rigale is pretty open and I can/should port more of Phosphor back over onto Rigale v12 so at least that code benefits from this month long open test.  I was planning to do that soon anyway.

I'm happy to have testing help.  I'd be happy to bounce ideas off you and to give my honest feedback on how to attack other ideas.  I've heard about Silverstag, downloaded the code, recognize the authors, and to some extent understand how it could help me, but I'm just overwhelmed getting this merge stable.  I have a lot of things I'd like to do with it later, and if the Perisno layer becomes an issue I can split into a project open sourced but with no Perisno resources and another with Perisno merged in.  For the time being it gets a lot more testing and deeper tests by having Perisno in it -- no one wants to make a kingdom with Rigale by itself, as its naked like native otherwise.  With Perisno, there is much premade art, neat scenes, too many items, and plenty of different troops.  Theres a few too many OSP things, but some people like them and so long as they co-exist well I'm happy.  I didn't integrate everything from either side but most of it made it across the merge intact.  I couldn't get anyone to try it and suddenly many tried it at once.  I guess now I better make it stable.

I do have many plans for the future.  I went from 0 skills in November to this point and I can't say I'm the best coder in town.  I'm not.  I last coded seriously enough 22 years ago and probably another 8 before that of psuedocode.  Tomorrow is my 54th birthday so this project, codenamed after something written as a pen and paper psuedocode project, 35 years ago, is finally happening.  I spent most of today in the emergency room thinking I had something serious but in the end everything was ok.  Things come, things go.  I promise I will keep coming up with "thinking out of the box" until at least my last breath.  It keeps things fun.

Wife asks me to stop writing and get to bed.  I *promise* I will have this cleaned up "soon" (TM).

- GS

gsanders said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

Rgds, Oldtimer
  If you save game, exit and reload game what happens?

Hi,

no joy unfortunately. I was wrong abt. the bottom bar though, it`s there. When doing a quick-start anyway.

Rgds, Oldtimer

gsanders said:
@ JoeInh:
  You sound like you at least kept notes while testing so my thanks for that.

At times I sound pretty mean about doing everything alone, but actually I volunteered to make a submod.  I can use some help but any coding means essentially either work done outside of Perisno and I merge them in myself OR I set you up with Michadr to join Perisno in which case I then can open phosphor code to a volunteer.  Its sort of a kludgy process but at least Rigale is pretty open and I can/should port more of Phosphor back over onto Rigale v12 so at least that code benefits from this month long open test.  I was planning to do that soon anyway.

I'm happy to have testing help.  I'd be happy to bounce ideas off you and to give my honest feedback on how to attack other ideas.  I've heard about Silverstag, downloaded the code, recognize the authors, and to some extent understand how it could help me, but I'm just overwhelmed getting this merge stable.  I have a lot of things I'd like to do with it later, and if the Perisno layer becomes an issue I can split into a project open sourced but with no Perisno resources and another with Perisno merged in.  For the time being it gets a lot more testing and deeper tests by having Perisno in it -- no one wants to make a kingdom with Rigale by itself, as its naked like native otherwise.  With Perisno, there is much premade art, neat scenes, too many items, and plenty of different troops.  Theres a few too many OSP things, but some people like them and so long as they co-exist well I'm happy.  I didn't integrate everything from either side but most of it made it across the merge intact.  I couldn't get anyone to try it and suddenly many tried it at once.  I guess now I better make it stable.

I do have many plans for the future.  I went from 0 skills in November to this point and I can't say I'm the best coder in town.  I'm not.  I last coded seriously enough 22 years ago and probably another 8 before that of psuedocode.  Tomorrow is my 54th birthday so this project, codenamed after something written as a pen and paper psuedocode project, 35 years ago, is finally happening.  I spent most of today in the emergency room thinking I had something serious but in the end everything was ok.  Things come, things go.  I promise I will keep coming up with "thinking out of the box" until at least my last breath.  It keeps things fun.

Wife asks me to stop writing and get to bed.  I *promise* I will have this cleaned up "soon" (TM).

- GS
I don't think you sounded mean at all, hope i didnt come off the bad way either.
I was modifying the message as I played, and posted when I thought I found enough bugs... don't want to overwhelm you.
just take it one day at a time, have you considered requesting a new forum for the merger mod ?
I didn't try perisno or rigale until the past week, same with this merger... but I am very impressed with them and the potential.
I understand about cutting some things out of the merger to limit bugs.

I considered playing around with silverstag source, but was overwhelmed when I looked through it.
I would love to merge a few mods.... silverstag / pop, silverstag/rigale/perisno, silverstag/a new dawn, silverstag /  phantasy calradia.... you get the idea.  :lol:

Feel free to message me with anything and I will do what I can.
have you looked through some of idea suggestions on the silverstag assembla website? 
lots of things in the works as well as great ideas.

I am curious as to what ideas you have to implement once the bug catching is mostly done.
Hope you feel better soon.

looking forward to the next patch so I can do some more playing.

gsanders said:
....Tomorrow is my 54th birthday...

- GS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GSanders!!! Enjoy!  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

Nice testing! I will try to complement your findings in my vids. Due to my poor computer, can't really get a lot of playing done, since Perisno causes my laptop to overheat in about an hour and the keyboard gets hot enough to make scrambled eggs.

Generally, merging Rigale with Perisno is superb work I must say. But...I have to say what I once said before to someone else:
Mods' main features, are either game options, gameplay, game world or story.

Doing a mix is of course where everyone wants to get to, but I honestly see little future in simply merging Phosphor further with other mods, because it's:
*Very time consuming. Back-engineering other mods and then reincorporating them is a lot of work.
---> I can live without a lot of features. Many features can be done in a new way, there's no need to do things exactly as in other mods.

*"Game options" like Floris or Silverstag are continuously improving and if you want to keep up with them and have everything they have AND your stuff, you're essentially trying to overtake/beat the other mod. Not only does this need more work, you'll be building up unnecessary competition.
---> I understand the wish to do a lot of things, and they can be done of course. But you shouldn't forget, that in the end, players will want to see/understand what the mod is about. If you try to get Silverstag features in, the players need a reason to play YOUR mod, instead of Silverstag. If you get a fantasy world with magic in, people will compare with basic Perisno or Phantasy Calradia.
At some point, as master of your mod and coder, you shouldn't let yourself get sidetracked. At some point, you will need to make a clear cut on the features you absolutely want, then get to other stuff like gameplay, game world or story, to make your mod unique.

*As naked as Rigale is, I enjoyed it quite a lot. I could have seen a future in Rigale, with more options, maybe a story, without putting on a unique world and adding thousands of new items.
Perisno has a heckload of stuff, including tons of items and models. But all items are unnecessary, if you're going for your own game world. Items exist to underline the game world, not the other way round. If the game world or/and game story is interesting, THAT is what will immerse people, make adding new items fun, and maybe even get more enthusiasts to want to help out.

*Lastly, I hope that Phosphor, or the project after, is headed towards being its own mod, instead of just being a submod to Perisno. With all the work being done, the final product deserves its own place, I think.

------------> In general, I just mean, that you (GSanders) should work with your own vision. Modding & Coding is pretty much like college, there's always more and more stuff to study. But unless you limit your studies to things that interest you or that you need for the exams/term papers, you'll have a hard time graduating or getting good grades.

So don't lose your way, getting fixated only on getting features from other mods in, before you're absolutely certain you want them in your final product...and exactly like that.

Alright, I hope I've not offended anyone or anything, didn't mean to lecture. Simply voicing my concern on how things look to me. This has nothing to do with me wanting to make a new world for Phosphor (or the project after).  :oops:

zykox said:
gsanders said:
....Tomorrow is my 54th birthday...

- GS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GSanders!!! Enjoy!  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

Nice testing! I will try to complement your findings in my vids. Due to my poor computer, can't really get a lot of playing done, since Perisno causes my laptop to overheat in about an hour and the keyboard gets hot enough to make scrambled eggs.

Generally, merging Rigale with Perisno is superb work I must say. But...I have to say what I once said before to someone else:
Mods' main features, are either game options, gameplay, game world or story.

Doing a mix is of course where everyone wants to get to, but I honestly see little future in simply merging Phosphor further with other mods, because it's:
*Very time consuming. Back-engineering other mods and then reincorporating them is a lot of work.
---> I can live without a lot of features. Many features can be done in a new way, there's no need to do things exactly as in other mods.

*"Game options" like Floris or Silverstag are continuously improving and if you want to keep up with them and have everything they have AND your stuff, you're essentially trying to overtake/beat the other mod. Not only does this need more work, you'll be building up unnecessary competition.
---> I understand the wish to do a lot of things, and they can be done of course. But you shouldn't forget, that in the end, players will want to see/understand what the mod is about. If you try to get Silverstag features in, the players need a reason to play YOUR mod, instead of Silverstag. If you get a fantasy world with magic in, people will compare with basic Perisno or Phantasy Calradia.
At some point, as master of your mod and coder, you shouldn't let yourself get sidetracked. At some point, you will need to make a clear cut on the features you absolutely want, then get to other stuff like gameplay, game world or story, to make your mod unique.

*As naked as Rigale is, I enjoyed it quite a lot. I could have seen a future in Rigale, with more options, maybe a story, without putting on a unique world and adding thousands of new items.
Perisno has a heckload of stuff, including tons of items and models. But all items are unnecessary, if you're going for your own game world. Items exist to underline the game world, not the other way round. If the game world or/and game story is interesting, THAT is what will immerse people, make adding new items fun, and maybe even get more enthusiasts to want to help out.

*Lastly, I hope that Phosphor, or the project after, is headed towards being its own mod, instead of just being a submod to Perisno. With all the work being done, the final product deserves its own place, I think.

------------> In general, I just mean, that you (GSanders) should work with your own vision. Modding & Coding is pretty much like college, there's always more and more stuff to study. But unless you limit your studies to things that interest you or that you need for the exams/term papers, you'll have a hard time graduating or getting good grades.

So don't lose your way, getting fixated only on getting features from other mods in, before you're absolutely certain you want them in your final product...and exactly like that.

Alright, I hope I've not offended anyone or anything, didn't mean to lecture. Simply voicing my concern on how things look to me. This has nothing to do with me wanting to make a new world for Phosphor (or the project after).  :oops:

I have to protest this. All the individual mods out there all lack one side or the other, if you only focus on one aspect. What GSanders are creating here, is a masterpiece. Combining the content from Perisono, the gameplay and Immersion from Rigale and the Companion features (Hopefully fief improvements) from Silverstag, IS a unique mod that will deserve it's place among the best.

Happy Birthday GSander!  :party:

1) Just started a new game with the new Patch and get an error : RGL Error. unexpected end of file while reading file: Modules\Phosphor\parties.txt
just fixed this by manually editing the troops file at the very top it shows 403 403, I change that to  387 387 and it worked.
I compared it to another mods troop file ending 1 number higher than troop entries after I looked at the troop file of phosphor.

2) same error for parties.txt.
removed  1 386 386 from end of file and changed 387 387 at top to 386 386, and it was able to start game

3) script error on opcode 501: invalid party ID 387 up to 396, line no 455 to 464. at script game_start.

4) reading books - doesn't show % read of a book. The Life of Alixenus the Great. spelling error, or it could be part of the history in this world.... and we will find lore on him. but I was still able to read the book.

5) Still a blank space in guild district between medic and bardism at the town of Lesbere. (you probably know this since it wasn't in fix notes, I just wanted to be thorough)

6) Herboristery Guild, another language change,  :cool:

7) Saw 2 battlegrounds show up outside Lesbere after fighting epidemic in Veidar.

8 ) recruiting in town looks good so far, my name hasn't shown up in the list of available recruit types. only minor thing I saw was the number doesn't decrease, but it does limit you to how many it said was available.

9) when using knowledge to learn training, it generated 3 errors.
script error on opcode 1615 invalid party id 400 line no 15 at menu menu_tech_management item mno_learn_tech_consequence
opcode 1650 same as above, line no 17
opcode 1652 same as above ,line no 21

10) after fighting a Lymbard group. Lymbard Squire and Dismounted Lymbard Squire is missing boot part of leg during prisoner capture phase.
during look phase, received error unable to find mesh rus_splint_greaves

11) option to recruit prisoners is missing.

12) when teaching medic master, got critical success. all looks good except at end.... renown.Lakkill

13) epidemic in Forniron, but was still able to start an enterpsise.

14) helped fight epidemic, using both options. but didn't see any reward. only thing I saw was skill check for economical discoveries, training at night and eatting food.

15) can't leave town bug still exists, it just happened in Elsinore.  save in tavern and reload is still a workaround.

Marinxar said:
I have to protest this. All the individual mods out there all lack one side or the other, if you only focus on one aspect. What GSanders are creating here, is a masterpiece. Combining the content from Perisono, the gameplay and Immersion from Rigale and the Companion features (Hopefully fief improvements) from Silverstag, IS a unique mod that will deserve it's place among the best.

You misunderstand. Exactly because Phosphor is great, I don't want it to end up only as a sub-mod.

And adding features from Silverstag...where do you stop? Once companions and fief improvements are done, what else?

Perisno right now seems superior with Phosphor, but the Perisno team will also continue adding stuff and improving the game. Sure, if Phosphor just stays sub-mod, then GSanders can just continue working on merging every version to a Phosphor version.

What's wrong with sub-mod? A matter of pride, a matter of authority if changes are to be made. If you could code like GS and do something like Phosphor, you'd definitely want to make some more personal changes, eventually leading to an independent mod.

I don't know the exact plans of GS, I'm only stating some hard facts, and usher GS to make his decision clear or get swept away by wishes and expectations of others, or just get lost in coding work itself.

Back
Top Bottom