Author Topic: [S] (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (AWoIaF v3.6 released 09/06/18)  (Read 450327 times)

produno

• Master Knight
  • AWoIaF Developer
    • Twitter - @TheRealProduno
    • View Profile
    • AWoIaF Forums
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWBWF&SNW

Welcome to A World of Ice and Fire, a modification for Mount&Blade:Warband based off GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire. This mod has used Brytenwalda's source as a base to build upon.
Be prepared to create your own House and challenge the Seven Kingdoms in this adaptation of A Game of Thrones. A gritty world awaits you full of treachery and traitorous kings, lords and knights. Will you survive the slaughter and take the Iron throne, or will you succumb to the traitorous ways that goes forth in Westeros and Essos.

Support Banners

(click to show/hide)

Current Version: AWoIaF v3.6

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:05:19 AM by produno »

produno

• Master Knight
  • AWoIaF Developer
    • Twitter - @TheRealProduno
    • View Profile
    • AWoIaF Forums
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
Re: A Brytenwalda sub mod: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
Features
(click to show/hide)

Factions
(click to show/hide)

Lords and Fiefs
(click to show/hide)

Changelog

(click to show/hide)

Recruitment

(click to show/hide)

Poll Results

(click to show/hide)

CREDITS

(click to show/hide)

CONTRIBUTORS

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:40:38 AM by produno »

Hunterwolf

• Baron
  • Homo homini lupus est
    • View Profile
    • Всадники Кальрадии
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • WB
Re: [WB][S] A Brytenwalda sub mod: Game of Thrones
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:25:06 AM »
I think you should change the name of mod, as the mod of that name for this game is already being done. I do not pretend to have the name of mod, just that it cause in people some dissonance in the topic title. That will lead to many unnecessary messages with questions like yours in the topic so at us a theme.
Линкомань Первородитель.

ThaneWulfgharn

• Master Knight
  • ALL HAIL THE ALLFATHER!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »
Good luck. Brytenwalda features really suit to Game of Thrones and it was my idea a while ago for Brytenwalda crew to make a sub mod based on the TV Series. If your project will carry on well I may even help you. However, you should include Dorne in the map...

FrisianDude

• Coitus non Awesome
  • Archduke
  • Zis is Tshörman tärritorie!
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Liudulf Ward/Léodwulf
  • M&BWB
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
Sounds interesting. Are you going to make an own take on the styles and armours, or are you going to go tv-series? :P
Nords ruled by King Ragnar, Khergits ruled by Sanjar Khan, Rhodoks ruled by King Graveth, Swadians ruled by King Harlaus, Vaegirs ruled by King Yaroglek. All those peoples live, fight, and die in the continent of Calradia. The Nords and Rhodoks field solely infantry and archers, the Swadians and Vaegirs have infantry, archers and cavalry and the Khergit field almost exclusively cavalry. No such things as "infarty" or "calvary" exist. Play Vikingr!

ThaneWulfgharn

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »
Most likely he's going to use TV Series Style...

Tom426

• Squire
  • Hey Hey Hey
    • Skype - TomW426
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tugmund
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: Tugmund
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »
Ever so slightly worried that the creator hasn't done much background research into other GoT Based mods (There already is a mod called "A Game of Thrones" I believe!)

However, Good luck

Falkner92

• Knight
  • Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »
I certainly hope this project goes forward.

There are currently two GoT-based mods for M&B, Clash of Kings and the other one which is currently in development, simply called 'Game of Thrones'. The problem with Clash of Kings is that it requires a ridiculously powerful PC in order to play, and the people from Game of Thrones are already saying their mod is gonna be the same.

It kinda saddens me not to be able to play any GoT-based mods for M&B simply because the developers of said mods expect everyone to have the equivalent of the NASA computer as their PC. :roll:

Personally, I preffer the Hundred Years War and Prophecy of Pendor to Brytenwalda, but this mod ever comes out, I don't mind making some room in my PC for Brytenwalda again.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:41:05 PM by Falkner92 »
"I don the armor of the conquistador, for I am the new conqueror! I am the heir to Coronado! And the city of gold is mine and mine only!"
- Thomas Magruder

ThaneWulfgharn

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 06:24:34 PM »
Prize??? What sort of prize can you give???

Edit:Will you include The Others? If so, you should make them book-wise, where they are beautiful humanoids that even married humans, not undead-like creatures. And they must be human-sized, as they ride horses and they can also have children with Men:
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Others
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night%27s_King
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:43:30 PM by ThaneWulfgharn »

Rodrigo Ribaldo

• Duke
  • Retired. Have fun!
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »
I'm fairly skeptical that this thread would make it past page four, the OP lacks any modding skills yet he starts a total conversion thread. That's like me announcing I'm building a skyscraper if only the community would pitch in and help.
I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but we've seen this countless times before.
Boy makes thread. Boy makes plans. Boy realizes there is too much work. Thread dies.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:14:41 AM by MadVader »

ThaneWulfgharn

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
Maybe, but he has Brytenwalda ModSystem and a map... We know that Brytenwalda features many things described in ASoIaF books, like:
-Height System(Which can be used Dwarf and "Oversized(Gregor Clegane) Height)
-Religion System
-Different Castle Sieges(Including Siege By Ship, i.e. Siege of Pyke 10 years prior to "A Game of Thrones")
etc...

Hurleur

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »
 Sure , but he doesn't have model , anyway it will  very very long to alter Brytenwlada to Westeros , especially the scene .
For a total conversion , you need a good team or you need to be as crazy as Cozur .
 And the most important thing is to not open a thread if you don't have a lot thing to show.
 Coding basic stuff/alter code is not that  hard , same as basic modeling or scening  , but it's **** time consuming , if you want to go for a mod , you must have time and a lot of willpower.

Hurleur

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
 Belive me , you will see how any AsoiaF thread turns ,  :mrgreen: .
  Don't take all critic in a so negative way , but really a few thing like a scene , 2/3 armor set , are at least the minimum.

ThaneWulfgharn

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »
Belive me , you will see how any AsoiaF thread turns ,  :mrgreen: .
  Don't take all critic in a so negative way , but really a few thing like a scene , 2/3 armor set , are at least the minimum.

lol, its ok i like a little bit of constructive criticism, its a good way to learn :). but if someones gonna criticise then balance it with a bit of construction. ie how to do something better :).

the first release will have the map, all factions with towns,castles and knights ect assigned.
after ill get the religions sorted.
then next will hopefully be all the dialogue changed - or at least most of it.
with bug fixes in between no doubt.

Then i shall start to think about scenes and armour ect. but thats a long way off yet. Scenes for the six starting towns would be nice - one for each faction (minus targaryan.)

when i get chance i will update my first post with to do list ect. :)

and yes ive seen how the other threads turn out heheh

Targaryens will be a faction??? How???

Rodrigo Ribaldo

• Duke
  • Retired. Have fun!
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »
The boy thing was a "Boy meets girl" joke, not an insult. I'm only criticizing those that have little skill and great ambitions, that never works. But you are free to try, of course.
I would not have criticized you if you had already done substantial work and presented it here. Starting a thread with zero work accomplished doesn't look promising, and I've been watching the mod threads for a long time. The few people that succeed first do some work, then start a thread with screenshots showcasing what they have already done.
Also try to post with proper capitalization and punctuation, it's the least you can do if you want to be taken seriously. The current posting style doesn't bode well if you are ever going to change data in the module system. I see syntax errors in the future and pleas for help in the Forge.