Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimaldus said:
participating in wars only for a certain amount of time.
This, oh so much. They already had mechanic with marshal calling soldiers for campaign. Just refine it so that realm won't end up camping by a castle for a week before going home and allow mercenary players walk up to the marshal and hire themselves for its duration. Also, faction specific contracts. So that I won't recruit an elite troop of Faction X and get myself huge morale penalty because Faction Y, my employer, went to war with Faction X.

aekilju said:
BANNERLORD WHEN?
13108449.png
They are confident. Should we be as well?

Do not look here said:
Grimaldus said:
participating in wars only for a certain amount of time.
This, oh so much. They already had mechanic with marshal calling soldiers for campaign. Just refine it so that realm won't end up camping by a castle for a week before going home and allow mercenary players walk up to the marshal and hire themselves for its duration. Also, faction specific contracts. So that I won't recruit an elite troop of Faction X and get myself huge morale penalty because Faction Y, my employer, went to war with Faction X.

Yeah having the marshal calling you for a war, camping a siege for a week, and then just leaving without any explanation was really frustrating in VC

mcwiggum said:
They were confident about the 2016 target
Were they? Let's get back to some examples of them talking about 2016 goal...
1)
13169914.png
"It's our goal..." - not a confidence
2)
13141242.png
"we had hoped" - not a confidence
3)
13137149.png
"we want to have it in some way" - not a confidence

I can dig further but I doubt I will find at least one example of them saying "Yes, we're definately putting the game in some form in players hands by the end of 2016".
And now they are confident.

The only concern I have on the release is the statement they haven't decided how many troops you can have on the battlefield. I don't know how much testing and changes in coding that requires but I would have thought that would have been decided early on. 

I'll still go September though. 

They're confident about the release of beta (because "some form" isn't the full game for sure) this year. Confident...After all these years they're confident and we're in Q1 of the year... We've to wait the 2019 to get the certainty for a beta ?

That was a great article. I'd really love to know more about these clans within factions and how exactly it affects the game as a whole. It's one of my favourite new features.

CaptainLee said:
I don't know how much testing and changes in coding that requires but I would have thought that would have been decided early on. 

and you would be wrong  :mrgreen:

they have a idea of how many troops they want (say 300 on each side). But performance is something that changes over time as they improve the engine and add/remove features.

They will only be certain about it when beta begins (features are stable, and they have a clear idea about the min and recommended requirements for PC).

so instead of saying: battlesize is 700, and later have to say that is only 500 for 3-year old PC (~ recommended), they are being careful.

they did show us battles and sieges with some big fights if you are concerned we will only have 75x75 like in Warband  :razz: (we will not)

kalarhan said:
CaptainLee said:
I don't know how much testing and changes in coding that requires but I would have thought that would have been decided early on. 

and you would be wrong  :mrgreen:

they have a idea of how many troops they want (say 300 on each side). But performance is something that changes over time as they improve the engine and add/remove features.

They will only be certain about it when beta begins (features are stable, and they have a clear idea about the min and recommended requirements for PC).

so instead of saying: battlesize is 700, and later have to say that is only 500 for 3-year old PC (~ recommended), they are being careful.

they did show us battles and sieges with some big fights if you are concerned we will only have 75x75 like in Warband  :razz: (we will not)

It's not the battle sizes that concerned me it's more the time needed to test it... though come to think of it wasn't it around 500 for the siege showcase?

Reus said:
I'm certain my computer will burn my house down if I raise the battle size to more than 10.

well they are changing a lot about the game. The article says it is something between Skyrim and CK2.

more quests, dynamic world, skill system from Skyrim, perks, traits, .... so you could play it like a RPG (mod/play mods that focus on small parties of 10 man, instead of armies)

The Adventurers of Sir Reus, the good knight

kalarhan said:
so you could play it like a RPG (mod/play mods that focus on small parties of 10 man, instead of armies)

The Adventurers of Sir Reus, the good knight
Yeah, I'll probably end up with a battle size of 2 and duel every single troop.

Or autocalculate everything.

kalarhan said:
I really don't know if you are being sarcastic or not right now  :lol:

No I'm not, I'm referring to how long the Beta testing will take to find the most workable unit cap. More specifically what the most workable minimum unit count is.

Reus said:
I'm certain my computer will burn my house down if I raise the battle size to more than 10.

Play a companion-only run and upload it as a let's play. I'd watch that. Small bands of Looters beware!

CaptainLee said:
kalarhan said:
I really don't know if you are being sarcastic or not right now  :lol:

No I'm not, I'm referring to how long the Beta testing will take to find the most workable unit cap. More specifically what the most workable minimum unit count is.

TW has 100 issues to solve, but battle-size calculation is not one of them  :razz:

1) Game is finally ready for final testing.
2) Based on released date, playerbase data and sells planning they will choose a baseline for min requirements
3) They build a few machines with those configurations (either virtual or physical)
4) They test the game on them for a few days, collect data on performance, and make a decision based on what they want (example: lowest graphics, 30 FPS). Result: battlesize is XXX
5) Done

if you are worried about this process imagine what you are thinking about how they will work on game balance, MP balance, ... you probably can't even sleep at night thinking about all that  :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom