Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't trust @Afa Potter translate, sure he is a great user, but I don't know turkish and anytime somebody translates from Turkish, I always doubt

EDIT: Dude, I can't be this idiot. Sorry guys, won't happen in future

Tesla_Soldier said:
Anyone knows when will they make a new DevDiary? They didn't give us any news about the game since August.

They never announce when they are going to do the next blog, so nobody will ever be able to answer that question. Yes it has been almost 3 months, but in the 12 months before Gamescom there were just four blogs, and the gap before Gamescom was the longest ever at almost 5 months, so this gap is nothing new.

jacobhinds said:
It's the code, it just rarely shows up because you have to play around 500 days for it to show up. It's a crap feature, almost as bad as the implementation of starving enemies out, so I hope it doesn't make a comeback.
But... but...
*insert "My whole life has been a lie" meme here*

jacobhinds said:
It's a crap feature, almost as bad as the implementation of starving enemies out,

Is the point here that nobody's ever really succeeded in doing it because it takes 100 days to starve them out?

either your army is so big you might just wanna assault anyway, or they send a squad of 400 people to destroy you

Druidic said:
Is the point here that nobody's ever really succeeded in doing it because it takes 100 days to starve them out?

Well...

Somewhatpro said:
either your army is so big you might just wanna assault anyway, or they send a squad of 400 people to destroy you
Vraelomon said:
I was once on the twenty ninth day for tulbuk castle (out of 30), and then the war ended.  :meh:

...Basically. There are no feasible situations where you'd use it. You can't leave the siege to get food, not even for a moment, and enemy lords can simply walk around you to get in and out of the castle if you don't pay really close attention. It just seems like a slapped-together feature that Armagan put in when he was drunk, forgetting to take it out after the hangover.

jacobhinds said:
Druidic said:

Well...

Somewhatpro said:
Vraelomon said:
I was once on the twenty ninth day for tulbuk castle (out of 30), and then the war ended.  :meh:

...Basically. There are no feasible situations where you'd use it. You can't leave the siege to get food, not even for a moment, and enemy lords can simply walk around you to get in and out of the castle if you don't pay really close attention. It just seems like a slapped-together feature that Armagan put in when he was drunk, forgetting to take it out after the hangover.
:lol: Yeah, I never ever tried to lay siege to a town longer than I needed to unless the castle was freshly taken by an enemy faction (They usually leave like 30 or 40 men defending it), and even then, it would've had to be a big distance away. The chances of those two variables happening are always really slim.

I barely have a chance to stay anymore than a few days at a siege. If I stay for long a 400 man army comes behind me, and the 150 man army who are defending, come out and kill me.

I do love the idea of having a child. Aslong as he/she grows up. Having a baby or a toddler for my life would be annoying.

Surely after 500 days it just gets boring? I tend to just get my skills up, get a good income and a smallish but strong army and go conquer.

I don't think I've ever fully conquered Calradia. I've came close though.

It's the dullest grind ever and becomes increasingly buggy as time goes on. Most people never go for world conquest and most mods aren't designed with that in mind.

And to add insult to injury, all you get at the end of all that grinding is a single popup menu, then the game continues forever. :lol:

Scorpia said:
I don't think I've ever fully conquered Calradia. I've came close though.

I almost won it for the Vaegirs, but then the other factions decided to get a coalition against us and almost 10 days later we actually had less than we started out with. I was a marshal, and I pretty much ran the nation in military terms. The king loved me, so did a majority of the lords... however once we lost a lot, I was demoted and then I quit, because I was like, 12 back then.

I'd like a feature where if one faction dominates, the claimant will rise to power with a large mercenary army/deserters and start a civil war, potentially leading to a North/South situation.

Druidic said:
I'd like a feature where if one faction dominates, the claimant will rise to power with a large mercenary army/deserters and start a civil war, potentially leading to a North/South situation.
It would also be kind of interesting if the faction of the claimant tried to hunt him down.  You could let the other faction be, or try to defend the claimant and get him on the throne.

I will make it more like a Q&A
Here the things you need to know;

Q1:What was the first thing that caught your interest when u started playing Bannerlord?
A1:Enviroment is so "full" . We opened multiplayer map and for example untill now the battles I have done in Warband were only in one height. (Arena,Ruins,Village by River. They are all almost plain flat maps) Of course you can climb buildings and stuff , but in that map of Bannerlord there was a hill , behind that hill there is a farm , Farm has 2 houses , There are moss on the walls of the houses , there are flowers and stuff. You really get into the enviroment when you step into the game.

Q2: Can you tell us more about the map?
A2: They had a tester named Meriç NEŞELİ , his days are passing by testing the game . They put me on 1v1 with him but I told him to stop and we travelled the map .First, for example do you remember Witcher III had a trailer where there were butterflies flying , kids playing , Enviroment was full of stuff  but they could not manage to get that feeling in the actual game. However I kind of felt it in the Bannerlord and it was just a multiplayer map.There was a dungeon below the map and like that there are other levels of the map.You have to be aware of the enviroment when playing the game.

Q3: Can you tell us about the animations?
A3: Animation times are little bit more extended now.Unlike the old one where you just simply swing swords , block , chamber. Now in Bannerlord it is alot more realistic . You get the feeling of swinging a sword and fighting.

Q4: Are there any other interesting things you can tell us about?
A4: Yes I can tell you a bit more about the Motion Capture Studio. There were tons of cameras in the studio and you feel a little bit lonely in the studio :grin: . They gave me a sword , There were little balls on the sword when you were to swing it all the cameras were capturing you and the animation were showing in the computers.All the animations in the game are being captured in the studio.

Q5: Can you tell us about singleplayer?
A5: The map first looked similiar to me and I asked them about the old map . They showed me a little partion of the map as the old one. New map is 4 times bigger than the old one. Other lords can go and have followers just like you. Since there are seasons the map is alot more realistic now . There arent just snow part, desert part and stuff.
You can have your children when you hit a certain age you will be playing as your child.Same for the lords . Lords will have children they will change places with cheir children if they die or get to a certain age.

Q6: How many people were working on the game?
A6: There were about 70 people.

Guray13 said:
A5: The map first looked similiar to me and I asked them about the old map . They showed me a little partion of the map as the old one. New map is 4 times bigger than the old one. Other lords can go and have followers just like you. Since there are seasons the map is alot more realistic now . There arent just snow part, desert part and stuff.
You can have your children when you hit a certain age you will be playing as your child.Same for the lords . Lords will have children they will change places with cheir children if they die or get to a certain age.

Thank you very much, this sounds really interesting for me :grin:

I can't believe you guys don't analyze the **** out of the new screens but rather just make some lame jokes here...

HEY GUYS WE GOT NEW INFORMATIONS! NEW SCREENS!

Whats up with that? what does the turkish text say on it?

what's with the magazine? when is it available?

what else can we find out if we dig into this infos?

what does the text on their wall posters say?

How "ready" does the game look?

If they are finalizing the splash screens, does that mean something for the step of developement they are in? close to finish?

So much questions possible, yet so little gets asked here...

edit:

here are the new screens: http://imgur.com/a/h0ALt

Guray13 said:
I will make it more like a Q&A
Here the things you need to know;

Q1:What was the first thing that caught your interest when u started playing Bannerlord?
A1:Enviroment is so "full" . We opened multiplayer map and for example untill now the battles I have done in Warband were only in one height. (Arena,Ruins,Village by River. They are all almost plain flat maps) Of course you can climb buildings and stuff , but in that map of Bannerlord there was a hill , behind that hill there is a farm , Farm has 2 houses , There are moss on the walls of the houses , there are flowers and stuff. You really get into the enviroment when you step into the game.

Q2: Can you tell us more about the map?
A2: They had a tester named Meriç NEŞELİ , his days are passing by testing the game . They put me on 1v1 with him but I told him to stop and we travelled the map .First, for example do you remember Witcher III had a trailer where there were butterflies flying , kids playing , Enviroment was full of stuff  but they could not manage to get that feeling in the actual game. However I kind of felt it in the Bannerlord and it was just a multiplayer map.There was a dungeon below the map and like that there are other levels of the map.You have to be aware of the enviroment when playing the game.

Q3: Can you tell us about the animations?
A3: Animation times are little bit more extended now.Unlike the old one where you just simply swing swords , block , chamber. Now in Bannerlord it is alot more realistic . You get the feeling of swinging a sword and fighting.

Q4: Are there any other interesting things you can tell us about?
A4: Yes I can tell you a bit more about the Motion Capture Studio. There were tons of cameras in the studio and you feel a little bit lonely in the studio :grin: . They gave me a sword , There were little balls on the sword when you were to swing it all the cameras were capturing you and the animation were showing in the computers.All the animations in the game are being captured in the studio.

Q6: How many people were working on the game?
A6: There were about 70 people.

Thanks for the info/translation @Guray13 and Afa Potter.

So the atmosphere seems to be very good even on a multiplayer map, there can be dungeons and your character can have children.
They are also talking about different levels, does he mean like bigger height differences on a single map?
The "Engine Power" blog/video showed mountainous terrain, so that sounds awesome too.

All in all it sounds pretty good.  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom