Bugs & Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Mmmmm that's an easy question, you don't "get" a non-steam, but exist an option in steam for install "non-steam games" and manage them from steam. Look up this page: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557

Hmm, it almost sounds like, for some reason, the earlier builds that those WSE mods are using (1.143 in the case of Víkingr) don't recognize newer keys. But I'm not sure that makes sense - after all, Warband accesses a central authorization server to check the keys, doesn't it?

Fake edit:
Well bollocks
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,308637.0.html
Captain Lust said:
New keys do not work with older versions. This is a known error and there is nothing we can do about it.
There's a couple of, huh, unorthodox solutions suggested in that thread, if you'd like to give them a try. Otherwise, there's nothing we can do about it in the short term.

I feel sad, I pay for play with my friends to this mod, and few more, and I cannot play because a technical issue of TaleWorlds with the keys (I mean: they need to change the keys for the newest versions for a technical issue i have readed). Soooooo sad :sad: I hope WSE team make a fix for this.

Well, the problem is that new CD-keys for Warband do not work with older versions anymore. This must be a new problem, and I think TaleWorlds is to blame for the lack of support. This makes new people unable to play the mods that require an older version (and there are plenty of excellent old mods that haven't been updated). In the case of Víkingr and The Deluge, the reason for using an old version of Warband was that the post-Napoleonic Wars patches didn't bring anything significant to base Warband and most importantly that the version of WSE available for the Víkingr (and The Deluge) development team ceased to be updated. All in all I think the stand-alone solution was rather ingenuous, and has been preferable by far to an updated non-WSE mod. Recently we've discovered some flaws in WSE that made the mod susceptible to hackers, and with this recent development barring new players from activating the Víkingr stand-alone, we have come to a point where it feel necessary to look into releasing a version that is compatible with the newest Warband version - even though this will probably lead to loss of some of our lovely features, not to mention the fact that the post-Warband 1.143 .exe still doesn't accept special character (not even relevant letters such as Þ, ð, ö, etc. which might have been expected after the Viking Conquest release), meaning that anyone with a hex-edited name will be automatically banned on all servers.

On another note, I would personally be very angry with the way TaleWorlds has handled this. Of course CD-keys should be valid no matter what version you are using!

So i have been playing the vikings dlc for a little bit now and its been fairly buggy but overall manageable, until that is i got to the point in the game where i go to Readingum and Jarl Halfdan Ragnarsson asks me to gather 12 heads of cattle; every time i go out and get the 12 heads of cattle it says quest cancelled part way through.  and when i go back to the jarl theres no option to further the game.  i have tried having the heads of cattle ahead of time but then i dont have an option of giving them to him, maybe i am missing something, im not sure, but if anyone can help to resolve my propblem that would be much appreciated

mfrascaCAN said:
So i have been playing the vikings dlc for a little bit now and its been fairly buggy but overall manageable, until that is i got to the point in the game where i go to Readingum and Jarl Halfdan Ragnarsson asks me to gather 12 heads of cattle; every time i go out and get the 12 heads of cattle it says quest cancelled part way through.  and when i go back to the jarl theres no option to further the game.  i have tried having the heads of cattle ahead of time but then i dont have an option of giving them to him, maybe i am missing something, im not sure, but if anyone can help to resolve my propblem that would be much appreciated

Dude, you are on the wrong thread. This is the thread for Vikingr and not Viking Conquest.

That is the thread you are looking for. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,373.0.html

That usually happens when you install Víkingr on top of your standard Warband installation and/or don't use the WSE Launcher. Install it again, follow the instructions, make sure you put Víkingr in its own separate folder and use the correct launcher.

Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with getting any server to load, or better put to even show up in the server selection ? Its an issue for me in Vikingr but also in Native.

Not quite sure if this is the right thread, but I'm having problems finding the official server. When I search the list for servers that are "compatible to version" I get a bunch of cRPG servers and a few others, but not the Hildileikr. Even without any search restrictions I can't find it in the server selection. Am I doing something seriously wrong?

I installed the Vikingr 1.0 version that I downloaded here (about 30 mins ago) and installed it into a separate folder (not into the Warband folder). The only other thing I installed was the Banner fix.
I'm also using the desktop shortcut.

The server is running fine. Try disabling all your filters (including "compatible to version") and sort by module name, then Víkingr should be in the bottom (or in the top if you sort by ascending).

Back
Top Bottom