[OSP][Item] Swords, axes and then some [Part II]

Users who are viewing this thread

Mackie

Sergeant at Arms
here we go again.

spiked axe
388 polys
spiked_axe_hp_tri_untri_mf.jpg

heres where I stuff my "mnb ready" weapons (available in 3ds, lwo and obj formats)
http://stupidfusion.com/files/assorted_files/

"raw" versions of them (and a few more) that arent necessarily intented for gaming, might differ in some ways (mainly larger, unscaled textures).
http://stupidfusion.com/files/weapons_multiformat/

Mekelan said:
Very nice looking meshes - do they look as good in the game engine? (I shall test and find out I suppose - when I have time  :razz:)
should look pretty close, although I guess i should stop always raytracing the renders of the weapons because raytracing make things look a bit prettier than they really are  :lol:

Mackie said:
Mekelan said:
Very nice looking meshes - do they look as good in the game engine? (I shall test and find out I suppose - when I have time  :razz:)
should look pretty close, although I guess i should stop always raytracing the renders of the weapons because raytracing make things look a bit prettier than they really are  :lol:

I don't blame ya, I do the same myself, but then I get sort of disappointed at the resulting game mesh (even if it's quite decent), because it doesn't look as good as the render  :???: :mrgreen:

You are back!
Welcome and happy creating!

And very nice renders, the quality of what you do is ever improving  :smile:

Moeckerkalfie said:
You are back!
Welcome and happy creating!

And very nice renders, the quality of what you do is ever improving  :smile:

thanks dude!

oh and dont worry the quality will vary as always... depending very much on what kind of photos I find  :razz:
but i do admit that im trying hard to raise the bar :smile:

Siloer said:
how did you made that dragon of the pudao its amazing
I didnt; -it was on the photo which i used as the texture. I just modeled around that  :grin:
acrob14 said:
Woop Mackie you're back, and with more fantastic models. What program do you use for modelling?
Thanks :smile: Lightwave 9.6 but at some point ill upgrade to 10.

machete 2
460 poly
1024x128 texture, no sure if thats ok or not  :???:
-dont see why not, though. should be less memory consuming than 512x512.....

machete_2_hp_lp_tri_untri_mf.jpg

Yay, you're back!

Got a few more things done before I got dragged elsewhere for a bit.  Hoping to get some time free at the end of this month :smile:

I have never seen 1024 x 128 before, but it makes sence since your asset has longer shapes and less even squarish shapes. But never go too long always try to keep a similar resolution between the width and height. I would suggest 1024 x 512 , with proper mip maps it should not be a problem.

Also with a 128 pixel height you might get rainbow-ish pixels that are not too pleasant on the eyes.

Austro said:
I have never seen 1024 x 128 before, but it makes sence since your asset has longer shapes and less even squarish shapes. But never go too long always try to keep a similar resolution between the width and height. I would suggest 1024 x 512 , with proper mip maps it should not be a problem.

Also with a 128 pixel height you might get rainbow-ish pixels that are not too pleasant on the eyes.
well alright, ill have to keep that in mind. this texture business is mighty confusin... or im a retard  :oops:

Computica said:
Thanks Mackie for making a part 2! It's my favorite type of thread on the forum. Oh, and welcome back.

and heres something simple yet again:
600 poly "sabre machete", 1024x256 texture just to be safe...

sabre_machete_hp_lp_tri_untri_mf.jpg

Looks good but your lower res areas ( bottom and top on handle ) have some rainbow ish pixels, right now, I'm not sure if it is because your not giving it enough res on the uv map or if it's the 256. Can I see your diffuse map?

12124.png

Austro said:
Looks good but your lower res areas ( bottom and top on handle ) have some rainbow ish pixels, right now, I'm not sure if it is because your not giving it enough res on the uv map or if it's the 256. Can I see your diffuse map?

12124.png

oh that, its because of my ****ty mapping skills and me using an automatic app to do so  :mrgreen:
thats what happens when a 2d picture gets badly wrapped around a 3d object, cannae do any better keptin  :lol:
see, what im doing here is wrapping photos around models and on occasion i have enough enough material to work with to shoop it into textures for sides which arent seen on the photo.... if that makes any sense.....

Mackie said:
Austro said:

well alright, ill have to keep that in mind. this texture business is mighty confusin... or im a retard  :oops:

Computica said:
Thanks Mackie for making a part 2! It's my favorite type of thread on the forum. Oh, and welcome back.

and heres something simple yet again:
600 poly "sabre machete", 1024x256 texture just to be safe...

sabre_machete_hp_lp_tri_untri_mf.jpg

dude thats sickly amazing!! i think i might also try lightwave does it have already a render option because i use silo

Back
Top Bottom