The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Exactly and also, since they begin the game with a Balanced Torque, should they choose to become a Necromancer as well, they can get their Rank up to Summoner, and trade the Torque directly for the Artificer's Tools set. This seems a bit of a sacrifice - but one can always go harvest another Torque by fighting Artificer parties, and not having to use the resources otherwise for six Philosopher Stones gives an Inventor character a bit of a leap ahead on Artificer play.

Update on what I have completed for the next version so far:
*~ Fix Nemesis respawning bug.
*~ Blood Experiments can now only be conducted via Castle menu. Once completed, the troops are still created via Camp menu.
*~ Clocktowers no longer in Castles.
*~ Fixed Jayek was not added to list of special fishing locations bug.
*~ Added very random chance for Fisherman characters, when catching fish at Fenada, Fearichen, Jayek, Fisdnar or Tebandra, to have an encounter in the belly of the Cetus - a gigantic whale. Success means a +1 to Charisma, and River Styx Pirates will never spawn again. Failure means certain death.
*~ Added sensitivity to the Blood Iron Bastard Sword, for Fairy-kin characters.
*~ Removed Polehammer from items - it is not used.
*~ Added Revolver as a weapon.
*~ Added White Owl Familiar, for those born on the 23rd of Locust Moon.
*~ Fixed bug with Blind Fortune Telling.
*~ Font changed - better contrast, and pop up messages fade to green.
*~ Typos corrected
*~ Blood Iron Bastard Sword difficulty dropped to 0.

What I am working on right now:
~ Heartbearer for Undead characters, via Castle menu. Requires Mumiyo addiction.
~ Maneater character creation choice - polearm skill, +Str, -Cha, +10 percent health at the start of battle if Human Flesh is in your inventory.
(MAJOR WORK IN PROGRESS)
*~ "What made you make this decision was... You were born in a bleak future. (???-2,???+4)" added to character creation.
  ~ Changes the starting date to 100 years later, in 1413.
  ~ Raises the Necropolis automatically, and gives Evil faction ownership of all Towns, Castles, and Villages.
  ~ Typhon, Father of all Monsters has Poseidon's Trident.
  ~ The Black Baron is available at Glunmar. (WIP; needs special dialogs)
  ~ Galatea is gone, but Maxwell's Silver Hammer and the Magic Carpet are in the chest in the town center at The Necropolis.
  ~ Hades is on the map, near Veidar.
  ~ The Kraken is on the map, near Fearichen.
  ~ Old Four Ways Inn becomes Barter Town, a safehaven.
  ~ Can choose to fight Hades, or have him join your party with a host of Gold Golems, to try to recover Hematite for him. You will still have the chance to fight him in single combat, once the sword is recovered.
  ~ Unknown: location of Hematite, the sword of Hades, and the Garments of Invisibility. (WIP)

Sorry i didn,t quite get that "Heartbearer", is that some sort of weapon, or magic item? :party:

Maneater...about time we had some cannibals in this mod :party:

Barter Town=Barter Faire :wink:

Basically the Heartbearer concept is for Undead characters to attain limited immortality. I have not decided how to do it yet - but think about a heart in a jar, Egyptian style. Mumiyo addiction will be required. Still need to work on a lot of the details.

Initiated Mummers (insularly known as "Marshmallows") are cannibals, but the Maneater creation choice will provide an actual bonus from all the corpses one generally carries around - I intend to do something special for Maneater Mummer characters.

And actually Barter Town is a direct reference to Mad Max - there are many references in the new Bleak Future content. The dreamworld Faire (which can also be accessed by carrying Ghostwood through the Underworld Gate) is my homage to the Barter Faire, which occurs here annually (sometimes bi-annually) in Washington State. It does have a full barter-game, as you probably know.

Aah, much more clear now, i had thought that Mummers( or as i call them white-faced freako-nutjobs who want to rip my face off) :lol: are cannibals.

Sounds great especially that title "Bleak Future", more bleaker the better, i say :twist

Barter Faire..Okanogan was it?(seen pictures from that celebration/event) really intresting stuff.

Yes the Barter Town I started work on in the Blood mod was also a reference to this real life event.

I can safely say there will be several more references to that mod, and the later Rust the Wheel mod, in the next release. This Bleak Future subplot makes room for a lot of more modern stuff here and there.

This next update might even get a little cosmic...  :mrgreen:

N0ught said:
Yes the Barter Town I started work on in the Blood mod was also a reference to this real life event.

I can safely say there will be several more references to that mod, and the later Rust the Wheel mod, in the next release. This Bleak Future subplot makes room for a lot of more modern stuff here and there.

This next update might even get a little cosmic...  :mrgreen:

Modern stuff..... Wait the minute what if Solid and Shade took place after the Blood mod, no wonder everything is anachronistic.  :shock:
Haha I'm just thinking too much aren't I?  :lol:

Yeah, the location in the Blood mod was more of a physical location, than a part of the Underworld - incidentally, the Faire is going to receive a little more attention soon.

If i could decide, i would say it would be great that the Underworld would be a "physical" location, maybe some mist here and there some blood and so on.

it could be something like the Nightmare realm, but still diffrent enough.

apologies, this might belong in the Suggestions but...

PS. Good that your working on Faire tho.

EDIT: i have always wondered that, where is the Bloodfountains laughter based, is it just some random guy or..?

and the pictures taken in with the camera..vacation photos?

The laugh of the Bloodfountain, the Changeling, the Terror Mask, and many of the other vocal sounds I have added are my own voice. Other sounds I have taken from royalty-free sources. Same goes for images and textures - I find something that works, and alter it to fit my needs.

I had no idea you're still at it after all these years. That's pretty impressive N0ught. If you dont mind me asking, this is still for the original Mount and Blade, right? Is there a reason you haven't moved to Warband?

Easier said than done, porting to Warband. And honestly, I don't like Warband's striking controls, comparatively. The mood of M&B just fits it all better. Also, I enjoy having a hand in keeping the original alive, so to speak. I have heard several people remark on how they had Warband, but bought vanilla M&B just to play Solid and Shade. Happy to help Taleworlds as much as I can. :mrgreen:

Personally I like the more simple animations of original M&B, however, I have many technical issues with it, all of which are fixed in Warband.
Widescreen resolutions get narrower field of view than 4:3 ones, maximized windowed mode is unusable because the arrow escapes the window (to the second monitor) and doesn't disappear outside of menus. There's also a weird issue with camera movement during attacking. Regardless of the button the attack action is bound to, there is a momentary slowdown in camera movement speed the moment attack button is pressed. This is an issue that wasn't always present and appeared around 6 years ago. I haven't found any solution to this. Also the quality of life improvements which are not present in the original (ctrl+space etc).
Also, either by glitch or it was intentional, you can enter your Warband CD-key to activate original M&B.

I loved playing this mod when I didn't have a multi-monitor widescreen setup but nowadays all the problems seriously bring down my willingness to play the original M&B.

I agree with Nought, the mechanics are simpler, thank Bloodfountain. :twisted:

its also nice that you can  say"hey im the one who keeps MB 1.011 alive" :grin:

Porting would be a long process.

N0ught said:
Easier said than done, porting to Warband. And honestly, I don't like Warband's striking controls, comparatively. The mood of M&B just fits it all better. Also, I enjoy having a hand in keeping the original alive, so to speak. I have heard several people remark on how they had Warband, but bought vanilla M&B just to play Solid and Shade. Happy to help Taleworlds as much as I can. :mrgreen:
I can respect that.

Although, Bannerlord is coming sometime this decade, so there might be an opening there. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom