Mount&Blade Module System Manager {0.4.7} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

Jezze said:
Is there a mirror link, the Repository is down at the moment and I cannot find a file I downloaded earlier :???:.
I uploaded it to Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B-ae3pqyy4iWYzJmYjdmYjgtMGRhYS00NjhjLTllOWQtZjY1NzQ4MGEyNjIx&hl=en_US
Hope it helps...

Hey Swyter, do you think some sort of project manager would be feasable? The idea is to configure multiple Module System paths so we don't have to keep changing it in the options whenever we want to work on something else.

can you make an option to look for files inside folders?
i.e: my msys path is ponted to folder "x"
I moved my header_*.py files into "x/header files"
I moved some of my module_*.py files into "x/z files"
I have files in "x/modmerger" and I want to add shortcuts to them

Ikaguia said:

Sure :smile:

Code:
SmartLocation('\\Headers\\header_*.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'[h]  ','');
SmartLocation('\\ModMerger\\*.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// ','');

As you can see, it's completely procedural and customizable... Feel free to tweak and investigate about...
It's a tool by modders for modders after all!  :wink:

Swyter said:
Ikaguia said:

Code:

As you can see, it's completely procedural and customizable... Feel free to tweak and investigate about...
That's great! Now I can edit those frieking files that I split up into 10 folders. Thanks Swy. :smile:

Swyter said:

Code:

that's awesome, but what would that "[h]" stand for? nevermind, it is the prefix

oh, and when you add too many items, the ones in the bottom won't show up, can you make it use a scroll bar?

Ikaguia said:
oh, and when you add too many items, the ones in the bottom won't show up, can you make it use a scroll bar?

Nah... Don't bloat the interface... You probably only use a few of them.  :neutral:
Anyways... Don't forget that using Alt Shift or Ctrl while clicking on the QuickJumper will show you the headers instead.

At least on the most common sceneries.
The tool is mostly complete for me at least. As the best programs you make are those which you use.

I meant in the QuickJumper...
using the code you posted the headers appeared after the module files like "[h] Animations" and when I alt + clicked it, it just opened the module file.

edit:
now I reseted the quickjumper and added your code, it looks like this:
Code:
SmartLocation('module_*.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'','');
-- New in 1.2.4 version... search also for module.ini
SmartLocation('module.ini',GetModuleFolder(),'// ',' INI'); 
SmartLocation('\\headers files\\header_*.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'[h]  ','');
SmartLocation('\\Source - ModMerger\\*.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// ','');
-- New custom Button Functionalities - here goes an example
CustomButton('Open Game Root',GetModuleFolder()..'..\\..\\');

the headers don't show up at the bottom like "[h] Animations" anymore, but they still open the module_*.py file when I alt+clik/shift+click/cntrl+click/any other combination

edit:
here is a screenie if you want, might help...
msysmanagerscreenie.png

edit: when I click the modmerger quickjumpers, I get an error from Notepad++: "C:\Users\*****\Dropbox\1\Dropbox\Module doesn't exist. create it?"
my msys path is set to: "C:\Users\****\Desktop\Dropbox\1\Dropbox\Module System\WB_1.143_FIMP_Multiplayer\Module_system 1.143"
my module path is set to: "C:/Users/*****/Desktop/Dropbox/1/Dropbox/Mods/Floris Improved Mod Pack/"

edit:
just renamed my "Module System" folder to "Module_system" and now the error is:
"C:\Users\*****\Dropbox\1\Dropbox\Module_System doesn't exist. create it?"

edit:

ok, finally it is working, seems like I should have restarted it because the .exe was inside the "Module System" folder...

edit:
and now it's screwed up again, I did no changes to it... seems like it's not recognizing the '\\', because it's searching for the files at my msys path

Nice and easy to use program.      But the function "Optimize    text  file"    is not working properly, in fact, spoil all the texts and map.txt  , this leads to the bugs .  I hope will be corrected.

I'd like that would be finalized by this program to the best option.

FALX said:
Nice and easy to use program.      But the function "Optimize    text  file"    is not working properly, in fact, spoil all the texts and map.txt  , this leads to the bugs .  I hope will be corrected.

I'd like that would be finalized by this program to the best option.

You're right, I didn't tested it much, neither with all kind of files. It's using a bad regex.
What that option tries to do is to remove trailing zeros from floating point numbers(with decimals).

It can save a lot of space, reducing the text files a 20-40%.
I'll take it a look again.

Jezze said:
I selected the editor as the program to be used, although when it opens a module file, this happens:

j7wbz.png

EDIT: Now I see it displays a wrong path of the file. Hm.

Oh, I see, the spaces are not being escaped properly, that's easy, I'll fix that ASAP. :smile:
Together with the right regex for optimizing the text files.

Don't worry, I have you covered. The only problem I see is that the auto-updater might be broken again due the locking of the MB Repo.
And now with the change of host. Let's see how I solve that.

I'll try to hack the Nexus download gateway for providing me direct links. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom