Why don't I get a castle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

I'm a bit frustrated at the moment. I played for quite some time now but Harlaus never gives a castle to me! I have a bit over 1100 renown, faction relation on 100, Harlaus on Maximum and I captured 8 castles all by myself (not counting the ones I supported some Lord capturing them) and he always gives them to some other lords who lose them quicker than you can capture them.

Did you change anything there? Neer had this problem in other mods  :sad:

I even changed some settings a few days ago (narrowing it down to a 50-60 scale, increasing importance of relation with faction leader) but to no avail.

Is it so much harder to get a castle in this mod? The Swadians wouldn't even exist anymore if it wasn't for brave me saving them in battles all the time...  :wink:

Everything else is fine and I really like this mod! Great work :smile:

I too have never been awarded a castle on the 1257 mod.. Is it supposed to be really hard/rare or did someone goof and you can't be given a castle period?  :???:

I know the answer's very late in coming... but perhaps it depends on which version of 1257 you're playing?  I play Spanky's original (with little tweaks here and there for my own preferences), and I've never had a problem gaining castles, towns, and villages.

It all depends on how successful your faction is, of course; if there are 'native' lords who don't yet have a decent demense, the faction head isn't going to give you a thing beyond the initial village given when you swear fealty to him.  It's only once your faction has expanded to a certain point that requests for new demenses are granted.

Heck, I got to the point with one of my games where my Northman character, who's become King Ragnar's most loyal follower, lead the Northern armies to such success that Ragnar stopped accepting refusals when I'd say I had no interest in another town/castle/village.  When we took out Curaw and Polodsk castle, finishing off the Vaegir Rus, a screen popped up telling me that I was sworn in as the lord of a village up in that area -- no chance to refuse.

Back
Top Bottom