[S] 81 New Units

What new Units would you like to see in Future Updates ?

• Archers / Crossbowmen

Votes: 273 25.1%
  • Pikemen / Spearmen

Votes: 265 24.4%
  • Swordsmen

Votes: 282 26.0%
  • Cavalry Units

Votes: 186 17.1%
  • Others (state them in a post)

Votes: 80 7.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Some, no, but if it's not a full conversion mod (that changes troops.txt and has modules that check troops like Diplomacy), then it wouldn't work. I'd only attempt using it with more simple mods that don't add or change troops - and whatever you do, make a back-up of troops.txt

im honestly a newb....can someone explain to me how to install this? all i get is a note pad an i have no idea what i do with it.

Aventori said:
im honestly a newb....can someone explain to me how to install this? all i get is a note pad an i have no idea what i do with it.
You have to go to your MB directory file which should be here by default:
C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Native
(You can just go to "My Computer" and copy/paste that into the address bar)

But after you get to that folder, you should see a file called "troops.txt"

All you have to do is make a backup of that file (if you want, only recommended) and you can do that by copying the troops.txt file and instantly pasting it in the same exact place and you should then have a file called "troops - backup.txt".

After you either go to the folder and find the troops.txt file, or after you make your backup - you then go to the file that you downloaded for this and simply copy that downloaded (and improved troops.txt) and paste it in the MB folder (replacing your original file).

I actually loved these units. Sorta depressing that the creator didn't chose to make another update - although I have this working for my Native module for the game, mine has many typo fixes for names and name improvements (thanks to moderator Goker). If you'd like a fixed version of this you ask me and I'll give you a download link for it.

Add Royal Mamlukes. Mamlukes should be strongest Cavalry they were trained when they were children they also had heavy armour. Replace the Saranid Battle field Assasins with Hashasins the most deadliest Assasin guild. Khan guards are too over powered. In reality they were just several of the best warriors in some tribes.

I have been tempted to make my own version of this mod before as the premise is fairly simple and enjoyable. I haven't wanted to compete with this mod until now but if the creator seems to of disappeared I may look into something along the lines of this in my spare time.

Unlike this mod id hope to have more calradian themed units and less units named after real world warriors or dismounted alternatives. Afterall that's why there's a dismount command in game. Perhaps with some sort of vote attached for what units you would like to see in updates?

I love the work done for 81 units  but wondered if my ideas would interest anyone?

I edited the troops.txt so you can use the 95 troops in Diplomacy 4.3.  Here's the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?59hok3pp5umevi6 

for those who don't know, just rename the file to just  "troops.txt" drop it inside your Diplomacy folder and overwrite.

Back
Top Bottom