[S] 81 New Units

What new Units would you like to see in Future Updates ?

• Archers / Crossbowmen

Votes: 273 25.1%
  • Pikemen / Spearmen

Votes: 265 24.4%
  • Swordsmen

Votes: 282 26.0%
  • Cavalry Units

Votes: 186 17.1%
  • Others (state them in a post)

Votes: 80 7.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Woot! Great work Tobmic. Those units look awesome! Been looking for a mod like this. After having played the Native Expansion for vanilla M&B I just couldn't stand the rather bland warband troop tree (in comparison). BUT I agree that you've kind of took the 'uniqueness' of some factions away by giving them all types of troops. I think Nords should have a scout unit at most but that's it. But I don't think all infantry units for Khergits should be removed as it leaves them looking pretty bad. I would personally keep the Foot Archer, Heavy Foot Archer and Spearmen.

I'm really torn as I want to use this mod but don't want to lose the overall feel of the factions. Tobmic could you tell us if your going to update this mod further and if so what changes you are likely to make and how long it will take to do so?

Thanks

Nice Mod :cool:
I have played it and found it very good and realistic. The troops are superb. And some of them are from Medieval II: Total War, like Ritterbruders, Halbbruders, (Dismounted) Boyar Sons etc.

hey, this is great, love the new units, just wondering if some, Sarrin. Warrior, have custom armour?

GinKhan said:
hicisred said:
Yea, just curious if anyone has tried this with the Diplomacy mod, does it work?

I use it and it works. It kinda takes some work though. You have to copy all of the dplmc troops after trp_relative_of_merchants_end then you have to go through all the troops and check their upgrade paths. any troop upgrading to a new unit in this mod has to be shifted down by 5. be sure to check the native troops since they are affected too. just make sure that all the upgrade paths are to their correct locations. It really helps if you use morgh's mod tools to do this. Good luck!

i really want to combine these two mods but i dont understand these instructions like shifting fown new units by 5 :sad: can anyone tell me in simpler terms what to do? basically i need someone to tell me exactly what to do and walk me through it if anyone can do this for me i will be eternally grateful (until i forget shortly after :smile:)

p.s great mod :smile:

Edit: i worked out how to do it    :grin:

following the mercenary troop tree was really hard though i think i have it right :razz:

The Obudshaers does too sound familiar to old Swedish, to translate very bluntly, Obud means (it sounds like it) no-good like in up to no good and haer (här) means army. I created this account just for that post, and to provide feedback for modulers or whatever it's called.

However, I don't really like the cavalry idea for supposed infantry factions, and the opposite, more variety to the native and plus it's really fun to mow down rhodoks...

tobmic said:
I wanted to release the units an hour ago but I wanna change the Troop trees and add more units.
So far i got 30 units ready and this would be the troop tree for the Nords

Nord Units

Sami axeman, they were not some Sami Vikings, but a few mercenaries in looting raids

Can someone help -

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place but I downloaded the 95 new units mod and after gaming ecstasy for about an hour I saved and reloaded only to see my char had been blanked totally - money experience and equipment all gone

Please help

when will you release new wersion
and I think you should weaken or delete nord amd rhodok horsemans.
and I think you should add new woman warriors (sword sisters to sword whatever)

All would be great but better delete mounted units from nord , rhodoks ad dismounted units from kherghit . It destroying balance.

I just used 95 troops addon with diplomacy & PBOD by adding the diplomacy troops (chancellor,constable,recruiter,messenger and another guy i can't recall now). it also worked with my old Diplomacy save. i had a nord warrior in my troops and he upgraded fine, but when i try to upgrade six new nord recruits i get a single companion named "nord militia" with some 50 attribute points and 120 weapon points and corresponding skill points :cool:.he had no equipment except the nord militia attire.when i saved and tried to reload , game crashed to desktop without any error messages...any idea why this happened??...

To sreevtrknight:

Well, I am trying to achieve the same result: Diplomacy + 95 new units. So far, here are my conclusion:

If you copy the 95 new troops.txt in diplomacy mode and add the 6 dplm troops at the end, you end up with a nord militia instead of your chamberlain... and as you described, it looks the nord militia troop you can recruit becomes a "companion".
It looks diplomacy uses a recruiter who is arround 935/936 in the troops ID, if you take the 95 troops.txt, 935/936 is actually your nord militia... that's why your troops are messed up, but just for the nord militia.

So I would recommend instead to add all the new troops after the original troops.txt of Diplomacy, but then you have to fix all upgrade path of the new troops (using Morgh's tool it is quite easy but takes some time). This way, you can also select which troops you want to use in this 95 new troops pack.... that's what I am trying to do now, but I miss the complete new troops tree for 95 units, the one on this thread is only for the 81 units troops, so I still miss some high tier troops, the one starting by trp_+capital letter.

Cheers

@Lord_Blackadder

As my old savegame got messed up, i started new gmae, now nord troops are upgrading correctly. i don't own a castle/town yet,working on it :smile: , when i do i will post about the chamberlain's status...

Back
Top Bottom