Offical Vocals Sound Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Just on a note, 7.51 doesnt include all the sounds from my soundpack. the hit and death sounds are still the old ones i think. This is probably to do with the fact that my new ones are a bit brutal or a bit violent.

So feel free to use the soundpack for 7.50 or 7.51, mods are welcome to use the soundpack as well if they like.

Great, I've added your soundpack to the holy war mod :smile:

And rejenorst, are you interested in doing some arabic/saracen voices for the mod? Mostly screams and such, but with a bit higher voices than the current ones, as they sound really european. The way I'll be doing it is replacing the women with saracens, along with face and body meshes, hair, beards and voices.
If you're interested we can discuss this by pm's..

Regards

Hi Raz, thanks :smile:

At the moment I will probably be focusing most of my spare time and energy in getting M&B sounds down as Im being compensated for that work.
At the moment Im only doing paid work to get over some financial hurdles but eventually I may help out some mods once things are on the up.

Also just to let you guys know, voice variation is off by default in 7.51 as the preservation of the duration of realtime pitch changed sounds needs to be bug fixed. So if you turn it on you'll have chipmunk voices :smile:

This will be fixed later so dont fret that your not hearing variety of pitches in the voices.

They main thing i want to hear Is orders being spoken Basically the F1 keys you know thats the ultamite To hear your man Give the orders when I Press the button  :cool: my sincerist love and thank you to all who think I am The ultamite .And a big Kiss On the Cheek  :shock:

rejenorst said:
EDIT: Sound pack v1.5 available here for download:

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/index.php

The sound pack Version 1.5 includes:

-New Victory screams (still work in progress)
-New Vageir party vocals
-Some new hit sounds to try and minimize repetition. (Still work in progress)
-Includes all the sounds from 1.0 except for those that are overwritten by 1.5 (Backup your sound dir incase you dont like some of the new uns.)

The sound pack Version 1.0 includes:

-New Death sounds (the current ones in MB are hard to distinguish from pain sounds)
-New pain sounds (the current ones are very annoying after a while so i made new ones)
-New Warcries (some are good but some Ive replaced them)
-New Grunts (Some new weapon swings)
-New Taunts (Redid the taunts, got rid of you will pay and damn you)

-Eventually I'll redo the faction party voices but that will be after im done with the battle sounds
-Eventually there will be some new victory sounds to replace the bad ones.

new version uploaded.

Just a note about Vageir vocals:
-A little less drama
-Accent a little toned down but still there because Armagan wanted them to sound Germanic/northernish

rejenorst said:
EDIT: Sound pack v2.0 available here for download:

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/index.php

With each new version you may want to back up the sound folder incase you dont like some of the vocal changes as everything is work in progress and i may change sounds that i dont like over and over again until im happy with it.

SOUNDPACK UPLOADED TO MISCEALLANOUS FOLDER.

The sound pack Version 2.0 includes:

-New grunt sounds (replaces old)
-New deaths to replace some of the ones i thought were crap
-New Sea Raider Party vocals
-Some new Victory sounds (also replaced Hurrah with Victory!)

The sound pack Version 1.5 includes:

-New Victory screams (still work in progress)
-New Vageir party vocals
-Some new hit sounds to try and minimize repetition. (Still work in progress)
-Includes all the sounds from 1.0 except for those that are overwritten by 1.5 (Backup your sound dir incase you dont like some of the new uns.)

The sound pack Version 1.0 includes:

-New Death sounds (the current ones in MB are hard to distinguish from pain sounds)
-New pain sounds (the current ones are very annoying after a while so i made new ones)
-New Warcries (some are good but some Ive replaced them)
-New Grunts (Some new weapon swings)
-New Taunts (Redid the taunts, got rid of you will pay and damn you)

-Eventually I'll redo the faction party voices but that will be after im done with the battle sounds
-Eventually there will be some new victory sounds to replace the bad ones.

Vocal pack 2.0 uploaded.

Guys if you have any suggestions on which vocals you dislike and which vocals you like and would like more in similar style, let me know.
This is hard to do but you need to check out the MB/sounds folder (all the vocals with man infront of them if you want to double check these and run the filenames by me.)

I quite like the new sounds. Although, Some of the deaths are too screamy for me. I'd like to hear ones that sound like whimpering, like drowning in your own blood, like they've been winded and are gasping for breath, etc.

Also, some of the pain sounds for when you get only minimally hurt are too screamy as well. When my guy gets nudged by a horse or hit by a club through chain-mail, he sounds like both his legs have been brutally cut off.

There's one death sound that is perhaps a bit too short. Man_death_40. It actually sounds like he's sneezing.

The vaegirs to me sounds very austrian, like arnold schwarzenegger. Is there perhaps some other kind of german accent you can do?

Well apart from these, this pack is definatley better than the last.

Thanks Ingolifs, Some fantastic feedback there!!

i can really work with that!

Im hoping the next release comes soon as there will be more hit sounds coded in. This would give me more ability for variation.

I might tone down some of the screamy deaths and put in one or two gargling sounds.

Btw i have one sound in there which sounds like a throat hit but i think its a bit piss ant. I may replace it and one or two others for variation and try to do something like youve described.

Will check out man death 40.

I'll have a look with what can be done for the vagiers. Im still not 100% happy with them either.

Recently I had to fight a big group of female refugees in one of the mods and when they received their first hits, they sounded like a horde of chickens  :mrgreen:

Well you can't really expect Rejenorst to do the female voices as well, can you?

Besides' they're looking for a female voice actor. Those female sounds have been in the game for a very long time.

rejenorst...

The 2.0 pack is sounding good... I had just finished a grueling hour long battle against a horde of Isengard, sitting my horse almost in front of a wounded rider of Rohan...when suddenly he looks up at me and yells "Haaaiilllllll"....it was one of those moments that even us older gents savor...and all I could think was, I need to buy rejenorst a case of Fosters!  :wink: The mix of the various victory sounds is great..having done my time with the 82d ABN, I can tell you that you have come very spot on to capturing the sound of post-adrenaline, enthused warriors.

Back
Top Bottom