Offical Vocals Sound Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Rath0s said:
Youtube anyone, I want to hear before I download.

Go to www.rejenorst.com and click on some of the warcry sounds. right click save as if you choose the ogg format ones.

Otherwise you can just download the vocals pack or the hybrid version and play it as a seperate mod since that is its current form.

Its basically just native with different sounds.

TalonAquila said:
looking forward to it, rej.  i'd love to be able to include the pack through the module system.

side note:  do you know how to get the female vocals working?  if not seen any clues anywhere.

regards,
ta

The female sounds work for me... there arn't many just a few deaths and hits.

I have more I could use for victory crys since Jade made a few but there was never any code to support female victory or warcries. I think modders may have changed that but I would need help with the coding.

The Cries of War and Vocals pack cause my game to crash when loading a save.

Official Vocals Soundpack mod version 7 (For Warband)

This is a very simple mod that adds a few death sounds that never made it into the vanilla game. It had to be made a mod so as to provide 32 death sounds which includes the old ones. I think Armagan used some if not all the sounds from vocals pack 6.5 so all that I've added are the additional death screams. I may add more content in the future but for now this is it.

www.rejenorst.com/projects/NVP7.rar

(Please let me know if the upload is ok.)

To install simply extract the NVP7.rar into your warband modules folder and select NVP7 as your choice of mod in the Warband configuration screen.

Alternatively you may (as a modder) like to add the sounds to your mod in which case you need to add the following lines to your sounds module py where it says man die:

("man_die",sf_priority_10,  ["man_death_1.ogg","man_death_2.ogg","man_death_3.ogg","man_death_4.ogg","man_death_5.ogg","man_death_6.ogg","man_death_7.ogg","man_death_8.ogg","man_death_9.ogg","man_death_10.ogg","man_death_11.ogg","man_death_12.ogg","man_death_13.ogg","man_death_14.ogg","man_death_15.ogg","man_death_16.ogg","man_death_17.ogg","man_death_18.ogg","man_death_19.ogg","man_death_20.ogg","man_death_21.ogg","man_death_22.ogg","man_death_23.ogg","man_death_24.ogg","man_death_25.ogg","man_death_26.ogg","man_death_27.ogg","man_death_28.ogg","man_death_29.ogg","man_death_30.ogg","man_death_31.ogg","man_death_32.ogg"]),# ["man_fall_1.ogg","man_fall_2.ogg","man_fall_3.ogg","man_fall_4.ogg"]),

The following are older versions for M&B not warband:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can hear some or at least 2 of the death screams in this video (hard to hear due to the music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tNP9cFO0M

imperiumiv said:
The Cries of War and Vocals pack cause my game to crash when loading a save.

Sorry this is an old post but thought I'd address it anyways.
I am unsure as to whether you installed the mod properly as both the vocals soundpack and Warcries vocal soundpack hybrid are mods. If you did then its also possible that it is a faulty save or that there is a compatibility issue with newer/older patches and the mod.

Im trying to get this to work but having problem  :cry:

I wanted to no how the text look when its in text format (sounds.txt) i want to add to a ready made mod.

any help appreciated  :smile:

In order to use the sounds in another mod you must:

1) Copy paste the sounds.txt into the chosen mod folder
2) Copy paste the sounds into the chosen mod's sound folder
3) You must make sure that in the module.ini of the chosen mod folder the following line:
scan_module_sounds = 1 
is set to 1

Also make sure the mod does not use its own sounds or you cannot use this method.
This can be done by checking the mods sound folder.

I will keep it in mind but it will most likely be extra voices from jade's recordings which she made for Vanilla M&B.

Will see what I can do, there were some good ones that never made it in I think.

rejenorst said:
I will keep it in mind but it will most likely be extra voices from jade's recordings which she made for Vanilla M&B.

Will see what I can do, there were some good ones that never made it in I think.

that would be awesome :smile:

Does anyone have a link to the V7 Warband edition of this mod? The rejenorst.com website is down and I can only find versions up to 6.5 (the last vanilla M&B release) on the repository.

I took the liberty to port the mod to Warband since 7.0 is no longer available. Rejenorst gave me permission to do so.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5iWoeRgDkvOM0FraFp0THEyQTA/view?usp=sharing

How to install: put the archive content into the folder of your module of choice, then open module.ini, scroll down to "scan_module_sounds = 0" and replace the zero with a "1". WARNING: if your mod already uses custom sounds, installing this one will most likely break it.

This mod does not replace any sounds, it only adds about 40 new ones. They are mostly death/hurt sounds made by the original developer team and for some reason they never made it into the game. Which is a shame, since they are very nice and fitting sounds adding some much needed diversity.

Back
Top Bottom