Offical Vocals Sound Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Because theres no real reason for anything but a short exchange of words. The less words the better sometimes. It does brake with the longer sentences.

The Vagiers in my opinion are stil WIP for now.

rejenorst said:
EDIT: Sound pack v2.5 available here for download:

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/index.php

With each new version you may want to back up the sound folder incase you dont like some of the vocal changes as everything is work in progress and i may change sounds that i dont like over and over again until im happy with it.

SOUNDPACK UPLOADED TO MISCEALLANOUS FOLDER.

The sound pack Version 2.5 includes:

-Some new ugh sounds which are more desperate sounding  (replaces some old ones) *Im not even sure these are coded ingame yet. I dont hear em while playing*
-Some new less screamy death sounds which replace some of the ones i thought were crap
-New River Pirate Party vocals (A mixture of french/spanish accent, I quite like these, dunno about u :razz: )
-New Pesant Party Vocals (Kinda WIP but better than the current set)
-Edited Bandit/Vagier Vocals (Just little pitch edits to make it blend better.)
-One new Victory sound (Replaces yes with a deeper sounding one.)
-New yell sounds that replace the glory and to battle screams with non worded screams (I felt the insults are enough)

*I wont do any hit specific sounds until next release probably as there are only 5 currently coded*
All these sounds should sound fairly good once voice variation is fixed in next release I hope.

*EDIT: Also added mixed/added/changed the insults a bit.. im still not happy with them and was going to wait until tommorrow with the release to redo some but meh..WIP

The sound pack Version 2.0 includes:

-New grunt sounds (replaces old)
-New deaths to replace some of the ones i thought were crap
-New Sea Raider Party vocals
-Some new Victory sounds (also replaced Hurrah with Victory!)

The sound pack Version 1.5 includes:

-New Victory screams (still work in progress)
-New Vageir party vocals
-Some new hit sounds to try and minimize repetition. (Still work in progress)
-Includes all the sounds from 1.0 except for those that are overwritten by 1.5 (Backup your sound dir incase you dont like some of the new uns.)

The sound pack Version 1.0 includes:

-New Death sounds (the current ones in MB are hard to distinguish from pain sounds)
-New pain sounds (the current ones are very annoying after a while so i made new ones)
-New Warcries (some are good but some Ive replaced them)
-New Grunts (Some new weapon swings)
-New Taunts (Redid the taunts, got rid of you will pay and damn you)

-Eventually I'll redo the faction party voices but that will be after im done with the battle sounds
-Eventually there will be some new victory sounds to replace the bad ones.

Version 2.5 up

Thanks Morgtzu glad you like it.

There has been over 800 downloads so far, guys i could really use as much feedback as possible, dont be shy to critisize just please be indepth about it,

voice, acting, delivery, blending, etc

Im planning another sound pack release not to far down the track and I would really like to know what you guys want changed, I may or may not change it based on your feedback but it would still be good to know what you want.

Thanks guys.

Please make sure that when offering crit/comments/feedback you state which version of the soundpack you have. Thanks. Last release has been v2.5

I have 2.5.

I think the pain sounds are too similar. When someone gets mobbed and they get hit many times per second, they scream "aa-aa-aa-aa" very repetitively. Also the screams are very extreme. My character gets hit for 5 points of damage (which he heals in a couple of hours) and he screams like his testicles just got cut off. I would shorter grunts of various pitch.

EDIT: I do think that 2.5 is in general a good improvement over the 1.0, though! :smile:

Thanks Fisheye :grin:
The pain sounds will hopefully change in one of the future releases as I was working with Armagan on implementing a unique pain sound system which hopefully should rock.
It works in theory lol.

Currently there are only 5 pain sounds coded in which do sound extremely repetative and hopefully when Armagan codes in the pain sound sets things should sound alot better and less repetative and should take into account damage done. :grin: No promises but heres hoping.

Pain sounds are one of my most major aims in getting more variation but until the option of having more than 5 sounds for pains is included we may have to wait a bit.
The main reason only 5 are coded in is because it is only temporary to pave the way for the new way in which pain sounds will be utilized.

rejenorst, is there a limit on the length of the sounds played when you encounter a particular party? Meaning if they were replaced with a music track, would it play during battle as well if it was long enough (2-3 min)?

I think if you replaced the encounter-vocal with a music track with the same name and format, it would play to the end. It shouldn't be too hard to try.

Chel: I would say in theory it should work, for party greeting vocals look at the encounter_ files. However if you change battlescreams/yells with music your going to have a barrage of inaudible music files playing all at various and same times.

rejenorst said:
EDIT: Sound pack v2.5 available here for download:

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/index.php

With each new version you may want to back up the sound folder incase you dont like some of the vocal changes as everything is work in progress and i may change sounds that i dont like over and over again until im happy with it.

SOUNDPACK UPLOADED TO MISCEALLANOUS FOLDER.
FEATURES OF THE VOCAL SOUNDPACK:

-More violent deaths and hit sounds (done by the turd who does the voices for M&B)
-Constantly tinkered about with fine tuned vocals  :roll:
-New better party greeting vocals
-This soundpack will be linked off the main Taleworlds webpage when its done and some of the sounds will be used for vanilla so have your say.
-This pack does not replace any SFX, only the vocal sound files in your M&B sound directory which is were you should extract the rar.

The sound pack Version 3.0 includes (doesnt really deserve a 3.0 as its mostly finetuning but anywho  :cool: ) :

-Changed the shortyell's back to version 2.0 as they blended much better and didn't annoy me as much.
-Replaced a few death sounds particulalry death 40 and 21 with newer ones as the older didnt blend to well.
-Included a short txt file with details etc (forgot to add how to install for new people, will add with next version.)

The sound pack Version 2.5 includes:

-Some new ugh sounds which are more desperate sounding  (replaces some old ones) *Im not even sure these are coded ingame yet. I dont hear em while playing*
-Some new less screamy death sounds which replace some of the ones i thought were crap
-New River Pirate Party vocals (A mixture of french/spanish accent, I quite like these, dunno about u :razz: )
-New Pesant Party Vocals (Kinda WIP but better than the current set)
-Edited Bandit/Vagier Vocals (Just little pitch edits to make it blend better.)
-One new Victory sound (Replaces yes with a deeper sounding one.)
-New yell sounds that replace the glory and to battle screams with non worded screams (I felt the insults are enough)

*EDIT: Also added mixed/added/changed the insults a bit.. im still not happy with them and was going to wait until tommorrow with the release to redo some but meh..WIP

The sound pack Version 2.0 includes:

-New grunt sounds (replaces old)
-New deaths to replace some of the ones i thought were crap
-New Sea Raider Party vocals
-Some new Victory sounds (also replaced Hurrah with Victory!)

The sound pack Version 1.5 includes:

-New Victory screams (still work in progress)
-New Vageir party vocals
-Some new hit sounds to try and minimize repetition. (Still work in progress)
-Includes all the sounds from 1.0 except for those that are overwritten by 1.5 (Backup your sound dir incase you dont like some of the new uns.)

The sound pack Version 1.0 includes:

-New Death sounds (the current ones in MB are hard to distinguish from pain sounds)
-New pain sounds (the current ones are very annoying after a while so i made new ones)
-New Warcries (some are good but some Ive replaced them)
-New Grunts (Some new weapon swings)
-New Taunts (Redid the taunts, got rid of you will pay and damn you)

-Eventually I'll redo the faction party voices but that will be after im done with the battle sounds
-Eventually there will be some new victory sounds to replace the bad ones.

*I wont do any hit specific sounds until next release probably as there are only 5 currently coded*
All these sounds should sound fairly good once voice variation is fixed in next release I hope.

Vocal soundpack 3.0 uploaded.

I could use some feedback here,

Ive replaced the 2.5 shortyells with 2.0 shortyells which i found blended/sounded better but perhaps you guys have a different opinion? Please let me know. Thanks.
Shortyells are the warcries yoy hear in game, their supposed to be short but I didnt like the short vanilla ones. You hardly hear the longer ones (yell) as it is.

Some tinkering with the death sounds as well, some of the ones i released in 2.5 kinda sucked a little so i replaced with other ones i had on file or made recently.
Please let me know if any sound(s) get on your nerves in particular.

I know the hit sounds are a bit annoying but I will make more with M&B next release providing the new damage vs hit sound system is coded in.

Thanks guys please give crits, you can also tell me you hate all of the sounds so long as you state why and be specific, I note down all criticism even the ones I think may be unfair and try to change what i can if I can.

Blimey, you move quick...I havn't even played enough to critique 2.5 very well. I'm behind the rejenorst power curve..but that's a good thing. BTW, how's your music going...I still have your song you posted and use it for a battle song in some of the mods I play...c'mon...you got a lot of talent in that area too, don't hold back.

oh hey thanks :smile:

I may at some point make a music mod, it has crossed my mind. Ive been somewhat in the music mood as of late so who knows.

Soundpack 3.0 is really just finetuning. Im constantly tinkering soon as i hear something i dont like or something gets on my nerves or doesnt sound right to me.

Doing sounds and getting them to sound right especially when their so in your face is extremely hard.

Will try to give more specific feedback after the long wekend...in the meantime...this is a nice sounding freebe 3 or 4 minute song from the upcoming Caeser IV (Video game music and sound is like a hobby for me)....
http://www.caesariv.com/uk/downloads.html
It's right under music..

Wouldn't it be neat one day to have more unusal ear-candy for M&B...battle horns?, Speeches, npc or hero responses to the player's commands..."yes my lord", "We will prevail","Our lord has spoken","We will stay with you, me' lord"  :wink: :cool:...just thinking out loud realy.

Have a good weekend.

i made some battle horn sounds not long ago. Sent them to Armagan, not sure if they will find use. I used a hunting horn.

As for additional vocals, really depends on Armagan :smile:

Looking forward to your feedback :grin: have a good weekend.

small mini trailer just for fun using Vsoundpack 3.0

http://www.big-upload.com/9a8fcaf7ac2472cd9fa90bbc79dde9b0

gives you a little idea of what sounds are like in game. Has music over it which i composed (Has blatent problems as its unfinished but hey)
video qual is shocking so desiz2 to 50%.

Mini trailer is 7 megs.

Wait for the counter to go down to 0 then click download.

Its for those people wondering wether they should download the soundpack or not.

EDIT: Heres a direct link:

http://www.mbrepository.com/files/MBVSP30_DEMO1.wmv

horns!!! please! :smile: give us horns!

anyway...good job on the soundpack. I can't really tell the difference between the latest verses, but it's still good :smile: I have replace the sounds in 1066 with these.

Hi there :smile:

Yeah 3.0 was mainly fine tuning. Im pretty much done with the battlesounds I think. I may change only one more sound within the actual battle sounds.

Next I plan to replace the Steppe bandit greetings and most likley fine tune the Vagier vocals.

That will be 3.5

After that not much i can do until next M&B release.

Hey... is the link to the trailer usable to publicize the game over the net? :idea:

I would link it from my website... Let me know!

and BTW... It's wonderful, Rejenorst you are simply amazing. :shock:

wow thanks man :smile: appreciate it.

Sure you can link it from your website, but you may want to state that it is an unofficial bad quality trailer.

I was hoping aviticus would get back to me at some stage about doing a pro trailer for the game. Havnt heard from him in a while.

Back
Top Bottom