Views on smoking

Users who are viewing this thread

Dryvus said:
Archonsod said:
I'm allergic to grass pollen too, but I don't insist the council consult me before cutting the grass outside my home.

Wait, wait, wait. The government mows your ****ing lawn FOR you???

Edit: NOW who's living in a Nanny state?  :razz:

In the UK, you only own the grass that you pay tax for, normally a front and/or back lawn, which you're responsible for maintaining or ignoring as you choose. The rest of the grass is classed as rec or commons or owned by the local council, and it's their responsibility for mowing it and making sure people who let their dogs crap on it get fined.

Usually here in Australia you mow the grass oustide at the front of your property even though it isn't yours and is in fact the councils. You can just leave it but most just mow it.

And in Canada, we haven't bred like fuxing bunnies, and let the wildlife mow our acres of lush, savage-infested grass.

An uncle of mine used a goat to tend the lawn, when he had a bigger property deeper in the valley. :razz:
Lawngoat = Awesome.

Lyze said:
An uncle of mine used a goat to tend the lawn, when he had a bigger property deeper in the valley. :razz:
Lawngoat = Awesome.

Goats seem practical on the face of it, but they are a pain.  They don't just eat the grass, they eat all the flowers, too.  I tell you this from sad experience.  Also, the goat had a foul temper.  Now, we mow about 10 acres of grass in the lawn/garden and let the horses eat the pasture grass.  The goat is no longer with us, thank God.  (And no, we did not murder it, just gave it away to someone who had more goats and likes the things.)

Darian said:
Smokers are not a discriminated minority. Your recreational choices are your own to make, but you have absolutely no right to force them upon others. For instance, take nudists. Nudists see nothing wrong with being naked, and there's no problem with them going about as naked as they please within their own homes and designated nudist meeting places, but it is absolutely unacceptable for them to go around naked in normal public places; they will generally be arrested and charged with public indecency (or whatever it's called).
And that my friend, is equally stupid.

If your biggest problem in life is seeing the odd cock or a pair of dangling funbags you've got it good, **** decency laws.

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Darian said:
Smokers are not a discriminated minority. Your recreational choices are your own to make, but you have absolutely no right to force them upon others. For instance, take nudists. Nudists see nothing wrong with being naked, and there's no problem with them going about as naked as they please within their own homes and designated nudist meeting places, but it is absolutely unacceptable for them to go around naked in normal public places; they will generally be arrested and charged with public indecency (or whatever it's called).
And that my friend, is equally stupid.

If your biggest problem in life is seeing the odd cock or a pair of dangling funbags you've got it good, **** decency laws.

So smokers have no right to force their choices upon others, but non-smokers have every right to force their choices upon us?  Nice logic, I must say.  Actually, in the US, there are places where people do run about naked in public.  Must have been something when the inhabitants of the local old folks home did it - that actually happened, I think, in Vermont.

Reverend L. Lamb said:
Au contraire my dear, I smoke, usually whenever and wherever I please :razz: Which is why I called his nudism argument "equally stupid."

No,no, that was not addressed to you, but to the person you quoted.  I agree fully with your remarks.  Sorry for the confusion.  Note the "us" in my comment - I'm a serious smoker, too, and sick and tired of all this sanctimonius crap about smoking being bad for everyone, so we smokers need to be suppressed.

I don't care if you smoke, just don't smoke around me, as it will **** up my lungs for a couple days, and I don't want to breath in all that crap.
I have asthma, and part of the cause may be because my grandfather smoked and caused a couple of his children to develop asthma.

Smoking what? 4000 chemical reactions? Or just a few from a cleaner tobacco product. I don't want to advertise in the thread but there are quite a few companies who aren't considered 'BIG TOBACCO meanies' who sell an arguably 'safer' cigarette.

(Im going to keep hammering until this is understood, sorry)

There are all kinds of tobacco products. They should all be taken into account. You cannot lump them all together into one thing called 'smoking'. Tobacco is a very powerful and sacred spirit. Respect it and it will respect you. I want to grow some, darn ATF.

Goodknight said:
Respect it and it will respect you.
Heroin, dude. I love you. I mean... whenever I need you, you're there.
Sometimes when I'm sad and down, I don't even need to say anything.
You are right there with a hug and a smile.

Back
Top Bottom