Valley of Swamps [1.6 for 3.5B]

Users who are viewing this thread

yes, like castle in the sky. seed, because it's small now. maybe it will grow bigger when I'll port it to FPW... there 4 spawn points there ATM - I'll reduce it to 1 in the future...

forts are meant not to have anything buyable inside (weapons, horses, ect.) - they're place where you stockpile or transform goods. Don't know which features will be included in the future, but those belong to forts:
- armoury where you can keep weapons that you bought somewhere else (place for arrows, so you wont run out during siege, spare shields, equipment for new/re-spawned soldiers, ect.)
- storehouse where you can stockpile resources required for crafting and building (wood/iron/ect.)
- stable, where horses doesn't die of boredom
- treasury where you can store gold to reduce money loss on death
- workshop where you can build siege equipment (to conquer main map objective - castle)
- crafting places (forge, bow-manufacture, ect.) - required goods still outside the forts.
- granary, where you can store food required to heal
So all kinds of features that can't work without leaving fort for resources

About waterfall - you should be able to use it to enter fort, but not directly. Green way is intentional, red will be fixed in next version.
mb6jx.jpg

This is the greatest thing to happen to PWMOD since v2, great job CalenLoki.
A few suggestions:
    Add a Practice Staff dispensor (duels and angry priests)
    More arrow refill locations
    Make the mountains area more desirable to be in, other than just ale merchants

The town is the greatest thing on this map, not just the streets but the roofs and the tunnels. you really never know where the next ambush is going to occur when it comes to the town, and the most lucrative way to trade is to go in a triangle

Splintert said:
A few suggestions:
-practice staffs, cheapest mace (wooden club would be better) and worst shield will be placed in various places
-till implementation of arrow stocking system, there will be arrows and bolts in castles
-there will be fishing village under GAAF and in the future version tunnel from tavern to improve connections between two map parts. what else could help mountain valley?
Warcat92 said:
Does this map have a pick axe, I don't think I ever saw it if it does.
Already posted and added to TBD list. J've just forget about it.
NOVICIUS said:
Thank you for full reply CalenLoki

Just one more thing you did no comment:

"Suggestion to the map trading system:
if we apply old taxing system(4k + 1 blue coins/per item) then selling point would be only in Town Trading Centre(Marchant Guild) while goods only in the country side - in that way trader would carry coins for bandits to take, to spend on merc protection(or if he smart and lucky to make more money)"

Even with money dropping system: if everything could be sell only in Town then factions make more effort to take control of it.
Town is huge and difficult to deffend so we need a lot of people to be interested in guarding it.

At the moment Town just looks better but it is not really importand. You can get better weapons out side of it. You can trade just one resource without even being in the Town. I believe that your intention was to make Town central point of map and or great battleground or RP paradise.... Making it REAL trade center would help to achieve that
Sorry for missing that suggestion - it happens sometimes with mass reply.
I thought about selling everything in town, but it's not perfect idea:
-merchants will take one route (i.e. town -> swadian border -> town -> ad mortem defecatum.) With current system they have to ride around whole map, using all major roads, to maximize income.
-someone who hold town could starve opponents to death if there were no way to earn outside town.
I think I'll made something between - still fastest way to earn will be riding around map (triangle) but trading with town will be more rewarding than trading only between swadia/vaegir/nord markets.
Also, town (or more precisely  castle) is place where all main features (that hopefully will be available in PWMOD) will be placed. like crown (no mater what purpose will it serve), tax collecting (like 10% from every bought or sold item in town/map/captured locations), law props (setting bounties), main bank (that allow saving money to server), ect.

What is your banner or hallmark? and what is your favourite weapon (available in PWMOD)? I have to make it harder to get there :twisted:

Because Laszlo said he'll make scene trading vendors for my map, trading system will be a lot more complicated - You'll be able to sell bought goods anywhere, but some trade routes will makes you earn faster. It will be based on:
-travelling time from one place to another (just checked, it takes from 1:10 to 2:25)
-more risky goods will be more profitable (goods will cost from 1000 to 4000 - obviously buying for 12k and riding with it around is more risky than 3k)
-main trade routes will have bonus (town -> swadia -> nords -> town)
-goods that travel through town will have bonus too (from anywhere to town and from town to anywhere)
-eventually some tweaks based on testing

CalenLoki said:
Splintert said:
A few suggestions:
... there will be arrows and bolts in castles
-there will be fishing village under GAAF and in the future version tunnel from tavern to improve connections between two map parts. what else could help mountain valley?
Warcat92 said:
Does this...

a defensible mountain castle, so there can be 2 large kingdoms

CalenLoki said:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhQJbOpYrclpdFBNV0wyLTJydlpLZ0FHcVhVZ1BSV3c&hl=en&authkey=COqIuZAL
here is it: goods will be buy-able (you have to pay for them), and selling price will be different in each place (red column)

CalenLoki, do you intend to implement the coin bonus for the town purchasing the goods? And if so, will you set up props accordingly to deny the seller quick access to the coin?

Because if not, I'd simply omit the coin for simplicity.

nah... I can improve winter fort, but no second castle. And even if some second castle appear, it still would be "well fortified fort" - no way second kingdom. Differences between castle and forts (beside defence level)
-castle is in more important position - closer to valuable trade roads, close to two marketplaces, close to tavern.
-law props (please Laszlo :wink: ) will be only in castle - who hold it can banish anyone he wish
-props for saving money on the server (if Laszlo had too much time) will be placed only in castles - if you want to save your progress, you have to either win for some time (own castle) or ask owners to give you access (for some bribe)
-props for auto taxing (again - not that important addition) like 10% from every transaction on the map goes to "castle account" and can be withdrawn by anyone who use prop
-and others unique
All other features (socking, building, crafting, armoury, night clubs, ect.) will be both in castle and in forts.

Two large kingdoms require new map... and ATM I'm working at modular castle (though I've lost all models with laptop crash) and making map for RPW also known as Aevum Romanorum.

@Laszlo - simple prop without coins - there will be banks nearby.

I have four simple requests, one is to convince Lazslo to add back daggers for your map :razz: - there really need to be concealable weapons so that the assassin's creed-esque guild I have been slowly developing can work in the main city. I'm not talking about the really slow, high pierce damage ones that civilians could have in v1 and v2, but quick, low-medium damage type. :razz:

The second is to add a bed near the campfire outside the city near the swamps, I think that would be an interesting camping spot for outside the city.

The third is to make the mountain (winter) fort a more reasonable place to occupy. Perhaps trade goods, if not that then at least SOME kind of OPEN house to be in besides the stable.

The final request is to make a clock tower in the city - A clock tower that you can enter and climb to the top of would be really awesome, but if not that, then at least a clock tower hehe.

Anyways, I would appreciate it if you took my requests into consideration, the map truly is great and I love the rooftops, they are excellent.

Camp-fire outside town is too close to town and tavern. If I add beds anywhere on the map, there would be no point in holding specific locations where they already are. I can add some beds there, but for pure eye-candy, not usable.

Forts are meant to not have any prop that allow earning money - so no goods. But I try to fortify it a bit. Only other enter-able winter scene prop is gatehouse - I'll try to add it as fort keep.

Clock tower... for sure there are no enter-able tower that would fit town theme, but I'll think about it.

Splintert said:
Clock Tower.... box art for Assassin's Creed 1... lol alastair.

There isn't even a clock tower on either of the Assassin's Creed boxes :razz:

Anyways, the idea of a clock tower didn't correlate to assassin's creed in the first place, I just think the city could aesthetically benefit from a clock tower.

New version released.
It's for PWMOD_v3.1, so wait for Laszlo release.
What do you think about modified trading?

Also - I couldn't find your banner Novicious, is it native or from bannerpack? I use Timothy BP... ATM you use Swadia (red) banner to protect ship board... :razz:

The map is seriously screwd! It's the default map but everything is scewd!

EDIT:
I know what you did, you uploaded the original map. Obviously I was using the settings for your map, so it got screwd up.
On top of that objects were 'Gliding' From one side of the map to another.

Back
Top Bottom