Valley of Swamps [1.6 for 3.5B]

Users who are viewing this thread

Phoenix234 said:
looks nice :smile:
a area for other factions would be nice though, like rival bases? and bandits?

a underground bandit cave between the main castle and the iron mine areas. for incoming etc
bandits raid this area = castle sends knights to protect = rp :razz:
As you can see on map in first post, there will be three bases for rival factions - not as defensive and important like castle, but nobody prevent you from conquering castle.... :razz:
only one main castle = reason for wars = rp :wink:

There wont be any real bandit base beside one in town, but many places by the roads and small hiding places all across the map. If you want to heal yourself - sneak in to some fortified camp or tavern. If you want to buy weapons - into one of 5 marketplaces. There are also some weapons in training arenas and taverns (stafs). Bandit life isn't easy...
But robbing will be much easier than in original map - roads are tight, so in some places one skilled spearman can block entire road or hide behind rock to jump at passing horseman. And travelling off the road will be a lot slower/impossible/possible without horse - depending on place. Also running away on foot will be much easier - horses aren't too useful in mountain/swamp terrain...
To sum up - bandits don't really need bases, but good hunting ground.

I have to say i am Stunned by this map! alot of effort has gone into it and this is a proper pwmod map! but a couple of things:
I can only find one bit of iron and theres no picks for it :grin: + i cant find any trade rescources.
The small forts could use some weapons and trade rescouces+ gates.
A bandit camp would be nice  :mrgreen:
and just some things here and there :grin:
Also some weps in castle.
Plus places where you can collect and sell rescources.
then you will have made the best map i have seen for that game!

But don't get me wrong this is stunning!

hope you take these suggestions on board!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This map looks quite stunning.

When I get the chance I'll download it and have a run around. Then, CalenLoki, if you like, you can let me know what prices you'd like to set for the various commodities and I can create the appropriate vendor props.

And if everything's looking good I'll add it to the map list included in the PMWOD installer.

a few suggestions - we need MORE arrows - traveling 5-10 mins depending if on foot or not to get arrows is a real *****. we need bows and arrows in the main city, atleast arrows in the swamp fort, and preferably a stack of arrows anywhere else that seems like it would need arrows - aka every other fort too.

also needs a bank, somewhere - though preferably many wheres.

a few terrain tweaks and such and the above two things and all in all id say its a pretty sweet map that id be happy to play in. it also seemed to attract many players as there were 15 + atleast for many hours today and 10+ into the wee hours of the morning :grin: and even the terrible trio of spawn killing greifers on didnt make that many people ragequit.

oh, 1 more thing i forgot to add - the horse vendors are wonderful , i love you! .... BUT...... needs a vendor for old saddle horses too - bandits cant ride hunters nor saddle horses and by the time i get someone to trade with me without trying to kill me some other guy comes up and murders my new steed );

xombie5 said:
oh, 1 more thing i forgot to add - the horse vendors are wonderful , i love you! .... BUT...... needs a vendor for old saddle horses too - bandits cant ride hunters nor saddle horses and by the time i get someone to trade with me without trying to kill me some other guy comes up and murders my new steed );

Horse vendors are a default feature - so thanks laszlo for them :wink: I just forgot to add them to my map  :eek:
(The main reason is because last time I did it it caused a server crash (1.127))

Hi. Sorry for late reply, but I were in the wild for few days. It was also reason why map was released with swamp camp only slightly touched...

Thanks for all positive responses :grin:

@Nobody - thanks for hosting my map :wink:

Mars250 said:
I have to say i am Stunned by this map! alot of effort has gone into it and this is a proper pwmod map! but a couple of things:
I can only find one bit of iron and theres no picks for it :grin: + i cant find any trade rescources.
The small forts could use some weapons and trade rescouces+ gates.
A bandit camp would be nice  :mrgreen:
and just some things here and there :grin:
Also some weps in castle.
Plus places where you can collect and sell rescources.
then you will have made the best map i have seen for that game!
-only one iron mine was intentional :razz: lack of picks - not. TBD
-small forts wont have any weapons nor goods in v3 BUT if any crafting will be implemented, I'll put workshops in forts. You'll still have to go outside for resources. I'm not sure about gates... maybe when it will be possible to have destructible and repairable gates. If we will have working stocking system, only places to keep your multiple goods (wood, iron, weapons) will be in forts (and castle)
-small forts are bandit camps - because in fact every active soldier who do not serve king or aren't TW is bandit... Also - when I'll get props from Laszlo, I'll put stashing in forts too.
-"some things here and there" take a lot of time - I'll do it some day... or someone can do it (rules are the same as during development - somewhere on first page)
-Castle won't have any weapons, same as forts. Maybe crafting in the future... or law props... or taxing prop... for weapons jump out of the wall - it's not that far :razz:
-there are already resource points - look at map

Thanks for suggestions.

@Nobody - this bug was fixed with 1.130

@Laszlo - I have to check how long it takes to travel from one place to another, and I'll send you updated list.

@xombie5 - There is bow and arrows in main town - check sarranid market. I'll put arrows and bolts in forts and castles too - till Laszlo gives us arrow stocking system.
- Screenshots of terrain to tweak would be nice.
- How did they spawnkill? ranged weapons? Anything I could fix?

@NOVICIUS - totally forget about banks... They'll be in all places. Hope we'll get proper money dropping system...
-Basic weapons in all places wouldn't harm, but "basic" mean cheapest 1h, staff and weakest shield
-Good weapons already in place
-Advanced weapons will be in castles ONLY if they have to be crafted - till then no.

@xombie5 - I don't have more props (old saddle, sumpter, rouncey, ect.) - post in suggestion thread.

@NOVICIUS - this ship is GAAF (Goat Air Assault Force), and it's placed on all my maps :razz: Two skeletons are me (sitting near stern) and my bro (UrLukur - he drank a bit too much this time...). You can always sell Ale there (never too much drink for us) and borrow our equipment. First who show me screenshot with his char on the board will be added to the party as guest (third skeleton - with your banner)

Also - anyone spawn at "laputa seed"? :razz: if you don't know what it is, look in the sky, above town xD

EDIT: map updating delayed till my gaming laptop resurrection...

some guy (cant rmmbr who) said he spawned there (btw, laputa seed like laputa, castle in the sky ghibli??)

oh, and horse vendors in the forts would be good too (i know the wooden fort has a stable but no horse vendor). also, is beeing able to climb up the "would be waterfall" under the wooden fort intentional? because whenever im there thats how attackers go there :razz:

Back
Top Bottom