UNAC Power Rankings Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Cav forces =/=  1 cav.

BlackTide, hes saying that cav is not our strength, that we do not have a significant force of cav most of the time, which is true. put 5 cav of TMW vs 5 cav of another clans, and we'd lose to a lot of clans. No one is saying that all TMW cav is bad, just that we don't have a compelling cavalry force as a team (at least yet)

You're good, BlackTide, but I think even you can agree that lots of cav for TMW isn't usually our strength.

Now when Cath says GA has bad cav, and specifically says Shema is bad, I must admit even I start t oget confused.

Don't think I'm really unjustified in that either.

I've seen 3 of GA's matches, including their 5-a-side vs. BCFM (granted no Peter but I haven't seen Peter at all), their match vs. BkS and a third which I don't remember. In all three matches, Shema hasn't been pivotal. I haven't said he's bad, but compared to the multiple 1v1 kills vs. BkS I saw from Cleric and their infantry, the excellent cross-fires I saw from Le Roux and headshots, the cav really hasn't done much. There have been good bumps, but there also have been getting stuck in a bad place and getting dehorsed.

Am I saying Shema is bad? No. He's got a good k/d and I remember when he merc'd here and there for TMW, he played well and coordinated excellently. I said that's their weak point, and compared to wK cav of Gelden and friends, Wappaw cav of Redknight and Greenknight, or Balion's Scott Ray, GA's cav isn't that great. Likewise, I haven't said GA's cav is bad, and all this is considering that I haven't seen Peter.

This psychology is pretty awful, though. Erminas saw that I posted that DoF used to not practice and was awful, and somehow he interpreted the compliment that they're now good into a terrible insult. Zero got butthurt when I said Balions didn't have the greatest of infantry, despite his team members agreeing with me. I mean, for the love of God, GA is ranked 2nd and Balions is ranked 4. I'm obviously not saying that either are bad, because you don't get in top 4 with "bad" infantry or "bad" cav. In relation to the power of the rest of the team, however, GA's cav is lacking and Balion's infantry is lacking.

Eternal said:
GA's cav is lacking and Balion's infantry is lacking.

Well I disagree for a good reason but I was indeed right, it's difficult to shine when you have extremely impressive teammates :smile:

Eternal said:
Am I saying Shema is bad? No. He's got a good k/d

mhmm... doesn't prove much though

Eternal said:
Shema hasn't been pivotal.

ETPssmk.jpg

Answer to post below: I get that, but it's difficult to shut up when the observations don't really make sense to me, but I get what you're saying now.

Cav is pretty heavily affected by ping and despite that shema is better than NA cav this is rather meaningless in terms of unac

Eternal I am not butthurt it just amuses me how you have zero understanding of  the role of certain people to different teams so you speak out of your ass. Shema is to me in the top 3 cav players of this whole tournament. His role and presence to me is extremely crutial to GA success. You seem to think that Baliom inf is bad despite them beating the inf of all the teams we faced so far Including the good tmw team. Honeslty I could not ask for better inf players (well having kaiser back would be nice). They play the role we need them to play so well its allowing us to win all our matchs. Scott ray would not have all those kills if it wasnt for them. also people ranking Balions below third is funny seeing as how we have proved more then anyone we are at the top. Now if you want a butthurt statement then why dont you go worry about the flaws of both your  teams rather then try to find flaws on teams that are superior to both your teams. Who have minor flaws that only a member of the teams would know. Balions flaw = Mad dawgs calling  :mrgreen:

-Zero [Airport | Galaxy s4]

Z3ro said:
Now if you want a butthurt statement then why dont you go worry about the flaws of both your  teams rather then try to find flaws on teams that are superior to both your teams.

Oh, right, sorry Rhade, take down the Power Rankings thread. Gelden, down with the predictions. You're hurting peoples' feelings when they disagree with you, and everyone should only analyze their own team.

:neutral: Both threads ask for people's personal opinions, that's what people have been doing, I fail to see how this is a real issue. As it is there are very few that are even brave (or at least not lazy) enough to share their thoughts. And you are already practically saying that they shouldn't be giving their personal opinions because they are not your own. People can only base what they say off of what they see or hear.

Ex: If Eternal has only watched you play a few rounds where your inf weren't doing so well, then he has full right to say from his perspective that Balion inf weren't doing so well. I mean, what else would he be able to base his opinion on if that's all he has seen so far? This is an early prediction, we still have a long way to go and many more predictions to come.

Now what really gets me is why are you taking this so seriously. Something so simple in which you can easily prove him wrong by trashing the next team with your inf.

Ex:
Z3ro said:
Inb4 Lagstro tks / pulls a zero

1- I can complain and ***** about what you said and go on saying that I am a better archer than you ever will be.
2- I can just not tk anyone in our next match and prove your statement wrong making you look like a fool. (I'm aiming for this one)
3- I can actually pull a zero and prove your statement right and realize that I need to work on not pulling zero's.

Pretty sure Blak already said something along the same lines. Just prove to everyone that what Eternal is saying is completely wrong. In the end, it's his personal opinion, there is no wrong personal opinion.

Maybe it's the fact that Eternal is my highest scoring pundit that has Zero scared that it might be true  :shock:

but srsly fellas settle down and prove your point in matches. we could ***** for hours.

You guys shouldn't take other people's opinions so personally. People are entitled to their opinions and they're going to be subjective, you may not always agree.

Argue with actions.

People list BkS low in the power ranking because we lose one match to guys on maps we had never played before after a 6 month hiatus with a jump to 7 man rosters from 5/6?

Am I in here taking it personally or getting my feelings hurt?

No, I'm making moves to throw it in their face and planning on quoting all of them into a spoiler at the end after we win for lulz.

Relax, all you Moks.

Step 1: Establish a pundit thread to predict weekly scores
Step 2: Ask Eternal to be one of the pundits.
Step 3: ***** at Eternal for expressing his opinion (which evidently is the most accurate to this point).
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit

Makes sense...keep going Eternal...our inf have been sub-par and keep saying so until it improves. <-----(A Balion Footmen/Cav)

upd4t3d my p0w3r r4nk1ngs

Aso, Pizza, you're reserved post has been there for a little over a year now. Make your post already Pizza, or i'll cut you.

Ha.

I am just going to say that I think Clock has rated us (Wappaw) a bit too high. 2nd place with the strength of schedule we've had so far is a bit crazy.

After week 7, I'll put a power rankings up. At this point it's really hard to say anything.

ClockWise said:
Update your power rankings you NABS
Nothing really to update despite a strong showing from BkS I think the standing imo stay the same. This was BkS second strong / solid team they fought this time they won in what looked like a very solid victory. But then you have to take Balion in to consideration the team with the hardest schedule so far and they did have been showing they are strong, a loss to bks will just make them stronger, imo they could have done better with a few different players being played I noticed a lot of players that have not been around lately to much playing which effects a lot the team and the cohesion.

Back
Top Bottom