UNAC Power Rankings Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Le Roux said:
He said they rarely practiced. Past tense, implying they practice allot more these days.
Objection, Your Honor!
Speculation.  Le Roux is not knowledgable about the time frame Eternal was or was not describing by the statement given. 

Sustained, the comment will be stricken from the record.
Continue.

I think this shows that practice isn't everything when it comes to being good at competitive warband...

Mad Dawg said:
Le Roux said:
He said they rarely practiced. Past tense, implying they practice allot more these days.
Objection, Your Honor!
Speculation.  Le Roux is not knowledgable about the time frame Eternal was or was not describing by the statement given. 

Sustained, the comment will be stricken from the record.
Continue.
Damn you!

Z3ro said:
Eternal said:
4. Balions - Phenomenal coordination, phenomenal leading. Strangely enough, the flaws I've seen in Balion's play are based around their traditional strength - weak individual prowess. Despite being an ancient clan, with a great leader and some of the best team coordination I've seen, each player seems to fall quickly. Despite having phenomenal cav, extended fights are not ended as fast as they should, allowing archers of other teams to punish the Balions. Overall an extremely powerful team, but they play much in the traditional NA style, and they will need to adapt to either GA's or wK's style of play in order to attain higher positions. A stronger infantry roster would also be of great benefit.

I will admit it made me laugh, Eternal go home you're drunk.

It really amused how you think Balions overall weak individual skill, seeing as how Balions so far has had  the thoughest matches so far. Everyone else has had one though match followed by two easy matchs, and look at where we are Tied for first in wins and in second overall. Also let me bring up stats for you to see and look at who have positive K/D in Balion,

3WXXf.png

Juvenille, Max, and Blak then you got Ron Burgundy who is just below 1, all of which play Infantry. Dam we are lacking some serious infantry here. I agree we have been very very shaky and should have won those matchs more decisively but that all comes to the lack of us getting practice matchs atleast 2 times a week like I know TMW does. So its noting but our fault for not being in best shape. I can safely say Balion is playing 75% of what we can be these three weeks. || Then you said this " allowing archers of other teams to punish the Balions. " which was funny because in our three matchs we had 80% of the engagements the other team was down half of its archers that either due to Cav picking them off or Myself and Peasant killing them. I really don't see where you are coming from with these statements, they are all wrong. Now if you are basing this off 5-a-side final which is a team completely different then UNAC Balion then you must be dumb to even do so. 5 - a -side took close to a month or even more for the finals to be played Balions were frustrated enough already that AE was dodging them and they put in my opinion from a outsider view point zero to no effort into getting ready for that match. 40 mins before the match and not one single person was warmed up and ready to play. So once again all the points you made were made from assumptions with no really knowledge behind it hence why I said " I will admit it made me laugh, Eternal go home you're drunk.".

-Zero

Sometimes, when looking to talk about a team, you want to counter your praises with some negative points and Eternal's negatives were subjective to him, therefore correct. Balion isn't perfect by a longshot, but I personally wouldn't call their weakness in their infantry.

Their weakness is in their light cav, or lack of it.

TMW is even worse when it comes to light cav, but that's another story for another time.

Erminas said:
On our forum i have thread called Dedication Table where i keep track of how many practs(official,unofficial),scrims(NA,EU,pickups)we had this year.It also shows how many of these events every member has attended.

If you are interested here are the numbers:
Total scrims:110
Official US scrims:25
EU scrims(both official and unofficial):64
Pickups(US pickups only):21

Total practices:60(add few more that i missed and wasn't informed of who attended it)
Official practices(Tuesday and Saturday):36
Unofficial practices(Sunday):24

What the hell?  :shock:

*takes notes*

I've been doing it wrong this whole time. Time to whip these lazy ****s into shape! 
images

As said before,  I agree 100% with what Cath is saying. It's Balions team coordination, leadership and timing, I feel, that gains them the victory. They got great cav; Scott, Angus, Mad, Blak, Unix...etc, plus pretty decent shots like Max, Peas, Zero, and Juve (Idk if archery is his main class, but I know he shoots good). Not to be negative or to put down Balions in anyway, but their infantry is nothing special. Standard fighting, easily beaten, lack in individual infantry talent, imo. But that is why as a TEAM Balions is good, sure, they might not be great at inf. However, the combined team and coordination of Balions is great! The only flaw in Balions, that I see, is their inf, which needs a re-vamp.

These are all teams we are talking about. Names are important, but not just one single person makes an entire team or breaks an entire team. Sure one person can have a huge impact, but when a team wins or loses they do it together.

Every clan has weaknesses and problems that they need to overcome together and as far as Balion goes when you have good cav, archers and callers, weaker infantry compared to other clans isn't a big obstacle to overcome especially for an experienced clan.

Now let's try to make opinions and have some free speech without people being offended, this thread wasn't made to hurt people or clans. It was for talking, fun and insight into outside opinions, at least I believe that's what it is for.

Le Roux said:

Woo, apparently the only person with a basic sense of English reading comprehension is a European. It's seriously funny, because when you actually read that entire section of my DoF review it's a compliment, contrasting their previous horrible play with getting strikingly better rapidly. With the exception of wK, it's almost certainly my most positive review. I cannot, however, teach people how to read.

Z3ro said:
Also let me bring up stats for you to see and look at who have positive K/D in Balion,

3WXXf.png

Yeah, if you take a look at any team, the distribution of kills looks about the same. Cav have most, followed by infantry and then archers. Occasionally, you have an outlier team (like TMW where you don't have that cav bump). wK follows this pattern, GA does too, as does BkS, as does Wappaw.

It doesn't mean anything at all. Cav tend to get more kills because that tends to be their job - support and sneaky kills. Archers usually aren't at the top of the kills list because they're meant to distract the enemy, establish a crossfire, and get vital hits as opposed to killing everyone. Looking at score sheets proves about nothing. I noted GA has weak cav, yet score shows Shema with a solid K/D. I noted BkS has decent archers as opposed to their great infantry and cav, and yet African finds himself at a comfortable 1.38 K/D. This is all ignoring the fact of open maps, where Balions generally mobilize their infantry into cavalry anyway.

There is a lot more to being an effective infantry, cav or archer than getting kills. At the end of the day it's my subjective opinion, and it's backed up from what I've seen from multiple streams and matches.

Please stop being so butthurt.

John7 said:
These are all teams we are talking about. Names are important, but not just one single person makes an entire team or breaks an entire team. Sure one person can have a huge impact, but when a team wins or loses they do it together.

Every clan has weaknesses and problems that they need to overcome together and as far as Balion goes when you have good cav, archers and callers, weaker infantry compared to other clans isn't a big obstacle to overcome especially for an experienced clan.

Now let's try to make opinions and have some free speech without people being offended, this thread wasn't made to hurt people or clans. It was for talking, fun and insight into outside opinions, at least I believe that's what it is for.

Goddamnit, I've never agreed with John this much.

Mok said:
As said before,  I agree 100% with what Cath is saying. It's Balions team coordination, leadership and timing, I feel, that gains them the victory. They got great cav; Scott, Angus, Mad, Blak, Unix...etc, plus pretty decent shots like Max, Peas, Zero, and Juve (Idk if archery is his main class, but I know he shoots good). Not to be negative or to put down Balions in anyway, but their infantry is nothing special. Standard fighting, easily beaten, lack in individual infantry talent, imo. But that is why as a TEAM Balions is good, sure, they might not be great at inf. However, the combined team and coordination of Balions is great! The only flaw in Balions, that I see, is their inf, which needs a re-vamp.

To be honest this is currently somewhat true. Most of the inf players we used in past tournaments don't play much anymore, hence we haven't maintained a strong infantry core throughout. Instead of using the same players, we are transitioning to new players, so there is a ramp up period before everything comes together. This ramp up is extended when we don't play scrims and pubs often to keep the individual skill at a peak. I honestly haven't played regularly in a fair amount of time, so I guess I don't know this for sure, but our current situation seems to affirm this.

We used to play with a fair amount of us probably 4/7 days of the week, so we were quite good. If we returned to this behavior we would probably have one of the best inf teams once again, but until that happens I'm not sure what will change.

Back
Top Bottom