SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

It was, I assure you it was. The most professional army at the time in fact. Formed by the veteran triari,  the experienced princeps, and then the new soldiers, unexperienced velites. 2000 soldiers forming one legion. Two of them to be commanded by a consul. Two of them elected each year, since the beginnings of the Republic (year 500 something, which is quite early).

Also, a legionarie is not a superman or ultra soldier, it's the name given to a component of the Roman Legions. A soldier from 600 BC was a legionarie, and one from 200 AD was too. Legionarie comes from term legions, and legions existed far earlier than 200 BC. With time, what was changed, was the structure of legions (ex: 2000 men to 5000 in Battle of Cannae and stuff like that), or the equipment, but the soldiers were the same  :wink:

Experienced yes. Professional no. They still went back to their farms at the end of a campaign.

Good ideas/research/etc. all!!

Ah yes Gladiators. Someone was making a mod about that and said I can use some of it, have to check up on the progress.

Tsubodai said:
Experienced yes. Professional no. They still went back to their farms at the end of a campaign.

lol not research. I think when someone researches it's obvious he did. i.e: Copying crapload information from wikipedia. Most people contribute with knowledge here  :wink:
By the way I didn't quite understand what you meant with professional army back then. If you meant professional as in "good" then yeah it was professional; if you meant professional as in "dedicated army" then no, you are right.

Lannistark said:
Tsubodai said:

lol not research. I think when someone researches it's obvious he did. i.e: Copying crapload information from wikipedia. Most people contribute with knowledge here  :wink:
By the way I didn't quite understand what you meant with professional army back then. If you meant professional as in "good" then yeah it was professional; if you meant professional as in "dedicated army" then no, you are right.

professional as that these guys fought for a living

Lannistark said:
Maybe introduce a Senate System in Rome?

Like for example, when you get some renown you are accepted in the Senate, and you can get missions from the Senate. Then when your renown increases a votation to elect consuls (2) and you can buy votes threaten other candidates or do a speech (Persuade skill) to convince the Senate you must be elected consul.

As consul you'd had more rights, like obtaining troops from free from the Senate, every lord "should" follow you into battle unless relationship isn't good, you can rest for free in all cities of the Republic, and more random stuff like that.

Once consul you'd behave as the marshall, except that there are two consuls, also the Senate should grant you troops, and you can always return to Rome to ask for more, if they are willing to give them to you. Consuls could cooperate together, or fight between them, they could even rebel and try to take Rome, making themselves Emperor.

Something like that would be awesome to have, if you could make it  :mrgreen:

Ho ho ho! it will be a great big headache to do that.Coding, scripting will suffer a lot!have fun doing the senate system!

for the reasons you just listed and the fact that we're still in beta says in itself that we won't do anything of the sort soon

Prefertheanonimate said:
Lannistark said:
Maybe introduce a Senate System in Rome?

Like for example, when you get some renown you are accepted in the Senate, and you can get missions from the Senate. Then when your renown increases a votation to elect consuls (2) and you can buy votes threaten other candidates or do a speech (Persuade skill) to convince the Senate you must be elected consul.

As consul you'd had more rights, like obtaining troops from free from the Senate, every lord "should" follow you into battle unless relationship isn't good, you can rest for free in all cities of the Republic, and more random stuff like that.

Once consul you'd behave as the marshall, except that there are two consuls, also the Senate should grant you troops, and you can always return to Rome to ask for more, if they are willing to give them to you. Consuls could cooperate together, or fight between them, they could even rebel and try to take Rome, making themselves Emperor.

Something like that would be awesome to have, if you could make it  :mrgreen:

Ho ho ho! it will be a great big headache to do that.Coding, scripting will suffer a lot!have fun doing the senate system!

images
                  ?

Mod                          Author              Reason
Cinematic Compliation  DOMA_              The Beautiful Borders and flora textures.
Grapical Pack              Send Me Smile    The Flora and building textures.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199149.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,122273.0.html

For hoplites and pikemen (phalangites), would it be possible to add the pike over-stab as seen in WFAS and NW expansions? preferably usable with sheild. It would make hoplites more formidable. I know some types were only overhand and some only underhand but c'mon now. Its too easy to block with the normal set up.

Back
Top Bottom