SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Well for historical accuracy, If it can be done, I suggest you completely remove the vassal system, and change it for the Cursus Honorum system :razz:

A Senate in Rome, where you can ascend as you complete missions, gain renown etc. When you gain a certain renown you have the right to be a senator. You earn a weekly amount of money, and a discount in Roman cities' marketplaces.

If you could add a system of houses, where you can buy your house... then I'd love you  :mrgreen:

Thanks all, but I wish you'd read the FAQs, much of what has been asked has already been answered (in reference to questions about native models and adding extra coding features).

As for the Vassal System to CH system, I will definitely look into that, but it will be a hard one to do.

Lannistark said:
Yay!!! I got recognition from Gothic Knight at last !!!  :mrgreen:
*Brofist*
A Senate in Rome, where you can ascend as you complete missions, gain renown etc. When you gain a certain renown you have the right to be a senator. You earn a weekly amount of money, and a discount in Roman cities' marketplaces.
The script for the beta version of M&B was similar to that. You work for a lord and gain rank(fiefs wasn't implemented yet).

Gothic Knight said:
Lannistark said:
Yay!!! I got recognition from Gothic Knight at last !!!  :mrgreen:
*Brofist*
The script for the beta version of M&B was similar to that. You work for a lord and gain rank(fiefs wasn't implemented yet).

do you think that we can import that to warband?

Possibly, although talk that with Gothic; my little experience with Python won't help there  :mrgreen:

Anyways, not a rank system. I'd set it up, if possible, like this:

*The beginning of warband, alter it like the page at nobleman's court etc to your father was a well-known senator in rome or son of a former consular... etc. If you get the highest rank you'll be directly a senator, however if you aren't, i recommend 2 ways of reaching, and not by renown.
In ancient Republican Rome, only descendants of ancient families, that had the Roman citizenship could be important people in Rome, reaching the higest ranks such as gobernor or consular, or people adopted by them. (There were exceptions and money always helped.)

So i suggest a couple of ways to reach senator rank:

1. Donating a fortune to the Roman Senate.
2. Marrying a woman from an important family to get you inside the Senate.
3. Get adopted by the family of a lord. (This is actually positive in native, although I don't know how it works, the affiliating to family option never seems to get accepted by the lords even if you have 60 relationship...)

And no renown or honour rating involved, as legati or tribuni could be quite famous in the battlefield, yet they couldn't reach the upper ranks of Rome.

The mod has a lot of potential
What i would suggest:
1) Add more armour related to the time period (E.g Roman armour compared to the normal armour in the Mount and blade warband)
2) Some of the bridges are not positioned right (Some just in the middle of land not over the sea)
3) Bigger map
4) In the tournaments, instead of having the normal mount and blade tournaments maybe have a gladiator ring or something :smile:.
5) When choosing to be placed at the beginning change the names of the places so it isn't the normal mount and blade positioning.
6) When entering the castle keep where you can talk to lords, add roman guards rather than the normal Swedish knights.
7) Add more commands, e.g sheildwall or rank :smile:
As i said is a good mod, just improve few things and will be very enjoyable.

Killedbyme said:
What i would suggest:
1) Add more armour related to the time period (E.g Roman armour compared to the normal armour in the Mount and blade warband)
2) Some of the bridges are not positioned right (Some just in the middle of land not over the sea)
3) Bigger map
4) In the tournaments, instead of having the normal mount and blade tournaments maybe have a gladiator ring or something :smile:.
5) When choosing to be placed at the beginning change the names of the places so it isn't the normal mount and blade positioning.
6) When entering the castle keep where you can talk to lords, add roman guards rather than the normal Swedish knights.
1- In progress
2 & 3- The map will be ajusted
4 & 5 & 6- Once the basics have been completed
7- On the to-do list

Seek n Destroy said:
Killedbyme said:
What i would suggest:
3) Bigger map
1- In progress
2 & 3- The map will be ajusted
4 & 5 & 6- Once the basics have been completed
7- On the to-do list

Great :smile:

Maybe you could share work between the other mod called Imperium Romanum? Or maybe even combine forces, if the timeframes are not too different?

:smile:

@Killedbyme

Man, they have just started the mod. Most of the suggestions you gave they have already started or they had it in mind.
At least you read the FAQ or the post from the beginning?
I'm not giving you a reprisal, but the next time read the post from the beginning.

Peace and love.  :grin:

It would be awesome if you could polish the map a bit. Maybe you could add the Map Textures from Calradia At Darkness?
Some of the landscapes look a bit slaggy in the world map, maybe you could try to fix that...  :roll:

Can you add these resources?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214781.0.html

Seriously, one of the best I've seen.

I am about to download your mod.  But first, I looked to be sure of where to put the game.  I am going by past experience on the install, but would suggest that a "How-To" section be installed for others totally new to modding.  So many things are taken for granted that no consideration is given to new players needing guidance.  I saw no reference in the FAQ either.

GL.  Am looking forward to playing your mod.

zimm out

:wink:

picture1qqu.png

155-2.jpg

74b8e4d4fdbe.jpg

acd072b9706e.jpg

etruscanroman.jpg

fdb8eee2f890.jpg

cc3a42cf3d09.jpg

39741a092712.jpg

etruscan6.jpg

etruscan5.jpg

519b5ab703be.jpg

21ec6ab879a2.jpg

526d70653b08.jpg

35f06882875f.jpg

88d55f42e704.jpg

001sjx.jpg

img049.jpg

img050.jpg

img051.jpg

img052.jpg

img053.jpg

img054.jpg

img055.jpg

img056.jpg

7a4cb3759e7a.jpg

b681b031e909.jpg

03ccc69bba46.jpg

1a73dab69b7b.jpg

5be839930dc4.jpg

dfd1000b8264.jpg

fca996e100c7.jpg

d92c6b65418d.jpg

9fb13984866e.jpg

17c5da74d5c6.jpg

4069d76403d9.jpg

etruscan1.jpg

etruscan2.jpg

2b0f8554a6fb.jpg

2660a945e82d.jpg

3f002e6b5ba6.jpg

:idea:

2bf30f45fc70.jpg

a8fe5d17d3aa.jpg

d7c6846f20d0.jpg

6d5b99ee8545.jpg

dd8680e0a4d9.jpg

316282da013a.jpg

8245fc1918fd.jpg

634e21a2e85f.jpg

ce86eaaddade.jpg

d48ee8c1b6e0.jpg

fa25f508f1ee.jpg

d11191257e6b.jpg

c8938aeffe6d.jpg

e2087295b63a.jpg

aa50f31a1db8.jpg

141fc68546c2.jpg

matmohair1@ that is some nice references but it will be good to have some arrangement
like (Samnite's, Etruscan's, Romans.... could at least have different spoilers for images )
cause when i or any other normal modeler doing items, we doing additional research for its and if everything is in single place that takes a lot of time till we can pick up what exactly we need at the moment)

Rome

Early Rome 650BC-400BC

1402_face.jpg
1403_face.jpg

1405_face.jpg
1404_face.jpg

Camillan Rome 400BC-275BC

1390_face.jpg
1392_face.jpg

1391_face.jpg
1393_face.jpg

Rome's Early Enemies