<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

The Adjudicator said:
superhit1000 said:
Why's that?
Clans who do not possess territory will be granted irrefusable attacks to allow them a fair chance to start a kingdom.

*Edit*

Also, slight update on Barbarian Invasion irrefusable attack rules: attackers and defenders can agree on their own victory conditions if they don't wish to do first to 10. But first to 10 is the default if there is no agreement otherwise.

At least add in a rule that barbarians can't attack the same faction twice, it's kinda made clear that Rawr will only attack Dojo.

I've had a chat with calis, they don't want to attack Keen cause they think they have no chance. Not KoS because of some sort of agreement they've made and not SPLH because KoS will aid SPLH voiding the agreement they've made. Or something along those lines.

I've been thinking for a long time that Routing would be a great feature. This'd let you cut your losses and exit the battle field, so you get to keep your equipment for the next round. Having no time outs, but instead retreats, total annihilations, and Master of the Field, that'd make more sense.

How many clan members can mod?

superhit1000 said:
I've had a chat with calis, they don't want to attack Keen cause they think they have no chance. Not KoS because of some sort of agreement they've made and not SPLH because KoS will aid SPLH voiding the agreement they've made. Or something along those lines.

It's pretty clear KoS is only attacking Dojo, should we make them not be able to do that?

Besides, Rawr's first attempt at taking land (which was organised through our alliance since barbarian rules didn't exist then) was against KEEN.

You may have an argument after they've tried more than once.

HTAPAWASO said:
superhit1000 said:

It's pretty clear KoS is only attacking Dojo, should we make them not be able to do that?

Besides, Rawr's first attempt at taking land (which was organised through our alliance since barbarian rules didn't exist then) was against KEEN.

Well the original rule was that barbarians were only entitled to one irrefusable attack, but laszlo changed that with no balancing end to it. I was suggesting a way to re balance it.

In the scheme of things, I don't think it really matters if you get attacked again. It's not like you're short of land- or that rawr's in any danger of annexing you.

superhit1000 said:
HTAPAWASO said:
superhit1000 said:

Well the original rule was that barbarians were only entitled to one irrefusable attack, but laszlo changed that with no balancing end to it. I was suggesting a way to re balance it.

In a regular match, if you lose, you have to wait 24 hours before attacking again.

The barbarians have to wait a week.

Sounds pretty fair to me.

It's a difficult situation - barbarians need irrefusable attacks because there's no reason for clans to volunteer to fight them since there's no gain.
If they can only attack each faction once, they get 4 attempts and then they're out forever or until someone gives them some land, which is fairly rubbish.
If they have to attack every other faction before they can attack the first one again, it means that either mercenary clans can't have any allies or they have to throw the matches with their allies, which is just a big waste of time.

CMarshall said:
In the scheme of things, I don't think it really matters if you get attacked again. It's not like you're short of land- or that rawr's in any danger of annexing you.

Yeah, its less of a "oh no we're getting attacked again" type of thing its more of a "sigh its that time of week again." Dojo are gonna expect a lot of attacks from KoS and SPLH and most of the fights will be on Sunday due to that being the day where most people being available. But that's the same day that Rawr would have enough players to have an 8v8 battle which they would want.

Which is a problem with Dojo because we want to have a relaxing time playing warband for fun before and after the matches. Dojo would force the match to be on a weekday and rawr will only be able to muster 5 players and not having the battle they want.

HTAPAWASO said:
superhit1000 said:
HTAPAWASO said:
superhit1000 said:

In a regular match, if you lose, you have to wait 24 hours before attacking again.

The barbarians have to wait a week.

Sounds pretty fair to me.

It's a difficult situation - barbarians need irrefusable attacks because there's no reason for clans to volunteer to fight them since there's no gain.
If they can only attack each faction once, they get 4 attempts and then they're out forever or until someone gives them some land, which is fairly rubbish.
If they have to attack every other faction before they can attack the first one again, it means that either mercenary clans can't have any allies or they have to throw the matches with their allies, which is just a big waste of time.

Oh i meant that they can't attack a kingdom twice in a row, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes they have to wait another week before attacking but in regular games the clans have to wait another week for the match to be played anyway.

Hey guys,

I think not letting barbarians attack the same faction twice in a row would be a good update to the rules

To clear things up a bit im pretty sure its no secret that rawr is "allied" with Kos and SPLH, im not sure whether merc clans can be allied (lazlo will clarify this im sure) but we do offer our help to them if they're short on players and they've been very helpful to us in our attempt to form a kingdom.
btw yeah i did tell spirit that we were hesitant to attack keen, i dont think keen is all powerful or anything like that but in a small scale match e.g 5v5 any clan would be hard pressed to beat them.

At the end of the day i reckon you guys should just have bigger battles! so we can join in too lol

It would have been nice to "barbarian invade" against IH. But sadly their land was all given to dojo, so why the hell not invade dojo twice in a row, they have the most land now.

I feel like we have limited chances at getting any kind of foothold in the campaign as it is, bending rules to make it harder for us is just a kick in the balls.

The rules are already bending to your favor, you get unlimited numbers of irrefusable attacks. Yes we have the bigger kingdom in the campaign but why should only one kingdom have to be punished for having land?

superhit1000 said:
The rules are already bending to your favor, you get unlimited numbers of irrefusable attacks. Yes we have the bigger kingdom in the campaign but why should only one kingdom have to be punished for having land?

Bending to their favour would not be an accurate statement TBH. If there were a 2nd barbarian clan (aligned with KEEN and Dojo) attacking KoS, they would also get repeating irrefusable attacks.

It's the political situation that's against your favour, not the rules.

Laszlo said:
superhit1000 said:

Bending to their favour would not be an accurate statement TBH. If there were a 2nd barbarian clan (aligned with KEEN and Dojo) attacking KoS, they would also get unlimited irrefusable attacks.

It's the political situation that's against your favour, not the rules.

I don't think he was saying in KoS's favour but Rawr's...

But I agree with your sentiment.
It's not in Rawr's favour - after all, all the clans in the campaign atm got a free 1/5th of the campaign map at the start of the game.
An irrefusable attack every week (which expires once you win a battle) is nothing by comparison.

It offers a maximum reward of one hex, AND you have to win a battle for it.

exactly,

As lazlo first pointed out at the beginning of the campaign, the whole point of the map is to make clan matches a bit more fun, land means nothing, its just a way to keep track of matches, choose maps etc. Rawr was formed after the campaign started and so far it has been very hard for us to participate in what is supposed to be albeit in a funner format a clan ladder.

I would like to point out that rawr had requested that we be given some of IH's lands, all we wanted was 2 hexs (including the dock) since IH was very inactive. What ended up happening was Dojo anexing them, now i understand everything was done according to the rules and regulations but you have to admit since it was like a 2v6 it was pretty obvious IH wasnt trying that hard to not lose. I understand the IH guys probly didnt want to be involved in the campaign anymore and thats fair enough but that would have been a perfect opportunity for Rawr to step in. Now thats all water under the bridge, im just trying to point out that all we want to do is participate and have tried to do so according to the rules.

Also, i dont see how getting attacked by us is a punishment Spirit? I know we did pretty poorly in our last match so maybe it wasnt fun for you guys but we had 1/2 an hour notice, we didnt know the factions or the spawns, had no time to organise strategies, we were still rounding up people when the match began. You should treat an attack from rawr the same as any other attack, why would fighting Kos be fun while fighting rawr be some sort of chore? i dont understand that sentiment. I wouldnt worry about getting attacked by rawr often because the next time we meet we will win and that sweet sweet hex will by ours.

I think it'd help if people would stop looking at the entire thing as a score based campaign, and instead think of it from a more role-playing sort of way.

633801847724396865-FlameShield.jpg

Sunday 23rd of May 8:30pm AEST

KoS ATTACK DOJO I10 - Random plains
20v20
First to 6
DOJO - SWADIA
KoS - RHODOKS

DOJO COUNTER KoS J7 - Village
20v20
First to 6
DOJO -
Kos - RHODOKS

Clean good fun fight this time kids, none of the bull**** that was spouted around last time. I will kick anyone who starts abusing other players.

ACC1 said:
Sunday 23rd of May 8:30pm AEST

KoS ATTACK DOJO I10 - Random plains
20v20
First to 6
DOJO - SWADIA
KoS - RHODOKS

DOJO COUNTER KoS J7 - Village
20v20
First to 6
DOJO -
Kos - RHODOKS

Clean good fun fight this time kids, none of the bull**** that was spouted around last time. I will kick anyone who starts abusing other players.

If Dojo agrees, can we try this match with a 10 minute round timer?

If Rawr TRULY wanted land they would smart up and attack SPLH, Sure it might break their alliance but lets face it guys, they aren't getting in any other way.

Think about it Rawr. Think about it.....

Back
Top Bottom