News 1.39: Release 02 of january 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Reporting this here since I would suppose this is not a bug in the traditional sense.

Howdy Idibil, ya might remember me but it's been a long time. Anyhow to get to the point...
Been pretty long while since I have played but always check the repository for new mods/updates to my favorites, Brytenwalda being on of them.

Anyhow for the life of me I could not get this mod to even start up in the game, giving me runtime errors on the loading bar screen once it reached the "loading setting data" part at the end. Well after trying about everything else I realized that when I downloaded it (saving it to downloads not clicking on run) that because I used one of the "alternative" download sites I had gotten a warning about that website not being trusted...I clicked on "run any way"...it installed fine but wouldn't run. Well apparently when it ran the installer it did not run with admin rights (windows 7)(nor did it even give me the option to). Even though the mod seemed to be all there when I inspected it, it apparently caused this error.

Solution= Erased the new version, went to my downloads folder and reinstalled with admin rights and now the mod loads up fine. So to anyone who has had this problem before and couldn't understand why....this might be your ticket to kick some pict butt.
If you installed using alternate website(forget which one of the two) and you got an error message about it not being trusted...just exit that out and goto download folder and  install with admin rights.

And before anyone blasts me....yes I always run everything with admin rights with win7 but the way this turned out I did not have the option too and for some dumb reason it didnt occur to me at first.

Thanks for the hard work that you and your team has done....Good Job

welcome back Harper

Long time had past since Brytenwalda first beta hehe.
It is nice see you!
I added your solution to runtime thread by if it can help others players.

I hope see you in multiplayer Dun Tauro Siege  :mrgreen:

Sobakozoid said:
Can I play it right now or there will be hotfixes soon and if they will be, can they break saves?

If you want begin new game, you wait a days, we will release multiplayer addon with bugfix patch.
Actually, savegames 1.39 are compatibles in all less hunting and tournaments with this patch.

Sorry if this has been addressed in another thread (didn't find my answer in the search)...hopefully someone can further explain the feature to me.

But just what does owning land do? I've purchased a couple of plots of land at Cantwaraburh, but I didn't notice any income in my Budget Report. I also can't make sense of the Financial Report. What does [-10 owned plots], and [-1400 balance] mean??

Thanks!

You don't auto collect income from owned land. You have to visit said town every week (or is it every two weeks?) and collect it from the landowner/holder menu.

Ah, okay thanks. Seems like it would be simpler if it auto-collected, but meh. Does anyone have experience in landowning? Is it relatively profitable compared to, say the iron/mineral trade in the Welsh regions? It certainly seems a safe investment as long as the town doesn't get besieged.

Depends. I always buy land. Gives me something to do with all the money I make. I usually end up with 50-100 acres owned in each town my faction owns. Depending on the prosperity of the town you may get more or less per acre. My last play through I collect 8-15k combined from two towns due to the land I owned ever few weeks. Or was it once a month? I can't be sure as I wasn't devoted to collecting regularly. :grin: But I never bought acres in a bunch of towns because it became tedious to go around collecting it all-although if you buy land and just let income collect you sometimes get a nice surprise after a few months of waiting to collect.

Heh, two days ago, as I was going to play VIkingr, I saw a Brytenwalda server, 2 players online :razz:

A cool idea though I still don't see how is multiplayer Brytenwalda going to work.

Oh well, it's not for me to do the math, you're the geniuses here.  I trust you. :razz:

This Mod has come along way and really should be its own game... its that good.  Yes there are a few bugs, but all i see left to do is a little polishing of the weapon/armor textures so they look like the same guy did them instead of five or six guys.  Still would like to see the option to start off in control of a castle. As my father was a noble.  i know this next suggestion will be laughed at due to the man hours involved in seeing it happen but here goes.......Towns/forts  that you can build upgrades and then see them in game.

Leonidas480bc said:
This Mod has come along way and really should be its own game... its that good.  Yes there are a few bugs, but all i see left to do is a little polishing of the weapon/armor textures so they look like the same guy did them instead of five or six guys.  Still would like to see the option to start off in control of a castle. As my father was a noble.  i know this next suggestion will be laughed at due to the man hours involved in seeing it happen but here goes.......Towns/forts  that you can build upgrades and then see them in game.

hehe, it is possible that ugly textures are mea culpa, Photoshop hate me  :roll:

We havent texturer actually, I hope it isnt too bad  :???:

Idibil said:
Leonidas480bc said:

hehe, it is possible that ugly textures are mea culpa, Photoshop hate me  :roll:

We havent texturer actually, I hope it isnt too bad  :???:
They are all good but not consistent color wise example there are two to four different colors for chain mail armour not the tunics but the chain mail itself.  Could we see a few more itm.padded_jack_6_trig (Blue_linen_coat) in different tunic colors we have blue would like to see a red, white with the trim at the bottom of the shirts same as the tunics

Back
Top Bottom