News 1.39: Release 02 of january 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan11311 said:
Idibil, this may be the wrong place to ask this but have you seen the new Vision LE (or whatever) mod that is out? It has an interesting feature that allows you to have a birth date and also to age apparently. It also does this with all of the lords. I was wondering if you could somehow add this feature into the 1.40 version. It would add a whole new demension into the roleplaying aspect of the mod. Please.

I saw that Dunde release it, but I havent try it yet, few freetime. Dunde have nice ideas, but I dont know this feature. However, if a campaign in warband is 5 game years max, why age is so important?

Idibil said:
Dan11311 said:
Idibil, this may be the wrong place to ask this but have you seen the new Vision LE (or whatever) mod that is out? It has an interesting feature that allows you to have a birth date and also to age apparently. It also does this with all of the lords. I was wondering if you could somehow add this feature into the 1.40 version. It would add a whole new demension into the roleplaying aspect of the mod. Please.

I saw that Dunde release it, but I havent try it yet, few freetime. Dunde have nice ideas, but I dont know this feature. However, if a campaign in warband is 5 game years max, why age is so important?

I guess its because it adds a new level to your character's personal story. You know: your race, sex, religion, faction nationality (which the Vision mod also has), etc.

Dan11311 said:
Idibil said:
Dan11311 said:

I guess its because it adds a new level to your character's personal story. You know: your race, sex, religion, faction nationality (which the Vision mod also has), etc.

well, ...  :neutral:
perhaps one of the last features one needs.

The concept of the mod is exceptional, the research in depth, and the scope brilliant. Unfortunately, the execution is simply terrible. This particular incarnation is one of the worst. Virtually every line of conversation must be gone through to remove illogical, misused, misspelled, or irrelevant dialogue, something that should have been done over a year ago, when it first came up. I have seen numerous bugs that were reported back at the very beginning of this mod still glaring as boldly as ever. I have seen really bad ideas implemented as "features" only to cause yet more bugs. I have seen other features added INSTEAD of bug quashing, which has in turn added so many layers of bugs that it is easier for the mod creator to blame poor performance rather than correct the mistakes. I have seen people report that the game is entirely stable, has few bugs, and is the best mod out there, only to go on and apparently, accidentally, relate a series of bugs including CTDs as simple happenstance. It has gotten so bad, with so little real effort to correct it, that my anti-virus software identifies this particular mod as unreliable, and a source of illegal functions and errors. I have seen scripts trying to divide by zero, and scripts put into a problem format that doesn't allow for simple error checking/correction even if you know where to look. Tragically, this mod is the gaming equivalent of the Euro.

We appreciate feedback, but you must be more specific.
Your antivirus is wrong, there is obviously nothing malicious in Brytenwalda.
Brytenwalda requires more resources so CTD is often due to lack of memory and similar.
It is not a bad excuse, but an explanation. We would like it to be perfectly stable on even older PC's but the Warband engine does not allow that without removing many things from the mod.

I think we have eliminated many misspellings and illogical sentences,
but pointing them out to us is a great help.

quicksilver67 said:
The concept of the mod is exceptional, the research in depth, and the scope brilliant. Unfortunately, the execution is simply terrible. This particular incarnation is one of the worst. Virtually every line of conversation must be gone through to remove illogical, misused, misspelled, or irrelevant dialogue, something that should have been done over a year ago, when it first came up. I have seen numerous bugs that were reported back at the very beginning of this mod still glaring as boldly as ever. I have seen really bad ideas implemented as "features" only to cause yet more bugs. I have seen other features added INSTEAD of bug quashing, which has in turn added so many layers of bugs that it is easier for the mod creator to blame poor performance rather than correct the mistakes. I have seen people report that the game is entirely stable, has few bugs, and is the best mod out there, only to go on and apparently, accidentally, relate a series of bugs including CTDs as simple happenstance. It has gotten so bad, with so little real effort to correct it, that my anti-virus software identifies this particular mod as unreliable, and a source of illegal functions and errors. I have seen scripts trying to divide by zero, and scripts put into a problem format that doesn't allow for simple error checking/correction even if you know where to look. Tragically, this mod is the gaming equivalent of the Euro.

Tragically, you're retarded.

Regarding English, there are some glaring spelling and grammar issues - I can correct them if anyone points me to the right file.

Adorno said:
No reason to be rude, please.

I'm sorry, that was perhaps a little out of line, but I'm a bit sensitive about exaggerated criticism, lack of objectivity, whiny *****ing or simply put; disrespectful nonsense.

Okay, tell us quicksilver, what are those bad ideas that cause those oh such terrible bugs? Also, what bugs? I have spent a ****load of hours in Brytenwalda, and only notable bug I had was the "total war" bug, which caused all factions to declare a war upon each other, which has been fixed.

some small ship combat issues here and there but that's it. The rest are pure nonsense unworthy of arguing about.

Unfortunately, much of the text is scattered throughout thousands of lines of code.

It may be that it's all in the quick_strings.txt and strings.txt files, but those will be overwritten with v1.4. I suppose you could keep them and just winmerge the files when new versions come out. If someone does this, it would be a great help.

EDIT: No, strings are scattered through many of the text files as well. I don't really see a feasible way to do this for anyone without access to the code.
Frostyham said:
On the subject of bugs, I still miss the two-foot tall man-princesses.

I hear you can still find them in Ireland, at the end of rainbows...

Is the prisoner limit dependent on party size feature working as intended? I've had my limit at 15 I think since the start of the game and it hasn't changed as my party has grown.

How exactly do you build outposts and forts? So far all I've been able to build was my lair (wich was awesome by the way)

Back
Top Bottom