Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say I liked it.  :razz:

The guy sounded like he didn't like it because of the "fantasy/anime" crap in the designs, so I was just saying that sounded kinda silly. Which was my point.

The thing is, to me personally "cool" and "functional" are the much same thing when it comes to armors. I want my character to wear cool armor, sure, but that requires that the item in question actually be armor. If it's got exposed cleavage or a bare midriff, then it simply isn't armor.

I realised. Which is why I mentioned "They just want it to look cool and awesome to the majority of people who don't give a rat's arse about it being realistic". I agree I'd like it to be functional too but you can't always get that. And personally, I don't mind too much in this game when attacking and defending is purely a numbers game. It's not a realistic depiction of fighting so I don't worry all that much (though when I'm using Frostfall mod, it's annoying that Fur Armour is meant to be more effective against the cold when it covers **** all).

Also, if your boobs are too big to fit into some proper armour, then you should consider getting a little fitter, or working out.  :razz:
PS That's a joke.

Oh, btw. Do skill increasing potions of the same kind stack? I mean does it matter if I drink one or two draughts of smithing(**** is 30% better for 30 seconds) ? Can I pour a barrel's worth of that crap down my throat and become the god of smithing for a few dozen seconds?

Nahkuri said:
Oh, btw. Do skill increasing potions of the same kind stack? I mean does it matter if I drink one or two draughts of smithing(**** is 30% better for 30 seconds) ? Can I pour a barrel's worth of that crap down my throat and become the god of smithing for a few dozen seconds?
No, At least I don't remember it adding anything to the smithing when quaffing more of a given potion.

I think the duration might stack, but the skill increase certainly doesn't. It won't make you a god of smithing for a few seconds. If anything, it'll just make you a slightly less ****ty smith for a few minutes.

insertirlcompensatingnamehere said:
Anyone knows a(some) mod(s) that improve the Khajiit textures? I'm thinking on startting a new character as Khajiit but looking at them makes my eyes bleed.
There's a beast bodies mod on the nexus.

They look 10x better with it.  But it also makes them...  y'know.  Show stuff. naked.
Thankfully they added a version with that :razz:.

I don't find ridiculous armours in games very appealing. It's not just that it doesn't look good, it's that it doesn't make sense. If there was any hint in the lore of the game universe that armours that expose your humongous rack somehow confuse your enemies and give you magical protection I'd be all for it.

I'm pretty sure that if you had the same bug as that one guy in this thread where all mountains were purple you wouldn't be all like "But it's fantasy! Of course the mountains can be purple!".

And if you really think that it's okay just because "it's fantasy"... well, I've got the perfect game for you:
Imagination-1.jpg

Finally found some use of being a werewolf at higher levels. Installed OCS and I ran into a random encounter of ancient vampires vs werewolves. There's at least some 5 WWolves who kill the vampires pretty easily, and always spot me because I quicksaved at a silly spot where escape is rather difficult. The cocksuckers kept tearing me into pieces again and again,  but they stopped attacking me once I turned into one of them.

Untitled. said:
I don't find ridiculous armours in games very appealing.

Neither do I.

It's not just that it doesn't look good, it's that it doesn't make sense. If there was any hint in the lore of the game universe that armours that expose your humongous rack somehow confuse your enemies and give you magical protection I'd be all for it.

If they issued a statement somewhere that they said they would design the armours too look cool but also make sense in terms of real life practicality then link me, otherwise I can conclude that they didn't give a **** about how much sense the armour makes. They don't have to back up the way they designed it with reasons, though I would much prefer them too as well.

I'm pretty sure that if you had the same bug as that one guy in this thread where all mountains were purple you wouldn't be all like "But it's fantasy! Of course the mountains can be purple!".

And if you really think that it's okay just because "it's fantasy"... well, I've got the perfect game for you:
Imagination-1.jpg

No, because that is a bug. If they were intended to be purple, then sure. Even though it may look retarded.

I find that odd you post that picture. Because that is what anything fictional is. That is what Skyrim is. That is what Mount and Blade is. It is someone's imagination, attempted to be put into game form, albeit Mount and Blade seems much more influenced by real world things. If you don't like the look of Bethesda's imagination (which you can see has been influenced by many a cliche) or don't agree with how they put their imagined armours or whatever into the game, then that's a shame.

I actually don't know what I'm arguing about at the moment. I dislike a few of the designs and I can see why people get annoyed about how silly they are (I do too. That daedric shield that Nahkuri posted...) but I just don't feel the need to get angry about how their design  s are so ****e. Other people obviously seem to like them.  :???:

Of course they don't give a ****. They're cheapskates. And I feel there's very little difference between a bug and just being lazy. At least when it comes to Todd Howard and Bethesda.
I, personally, don't care much about the armours in Skyrim at all due to the fact that I've never played it in 3rd person and don't really pay attention to the looks of enemies. I'm more disturbed at the fact that my poor peasant Argonian who was to sell sheep at the market suddenly realizes that he's dragonborn and becomes godlike with little to no prior knowledge of weapons or warfare from before... only to be cut down by a random thief that somehow is just as powerful as the dragonborn himself.

:lol:

I don't tend to do 3rd person either, besides for screenshots. And don't get me started on the main story. The furthest I have gotten is talking to the greybeards for the first time. I prefer to just wander around and do quests/explore.

Untitled. said:
I don't find ridiculous armours in games very appealing. It's not just that it doesn't look good, it's that it doesn't make sense. If there was any hint in the lore of the game universe that armours that expose your humongous rack somehow confuse your enemies and give you magical protection I'd be all for it.

Imagination-1.jpg

****, that game never let me bust the cabinet with my sword. What a piece of poo.

:wink:

Barky said:
are there any decent mods for this jankity piece of ****?

You might be interested in the Japanese Schoolgirl+Animated Prostitution mod.

Also, for the annoyingly boob-emphasizing armor, I reccomend "Less Sexual Armors". I have to admit, women look better in men's steel plate.

[me=Kronic]sighs.[/me]

Been fiddling with a mod setup for this, but for some strange and curious reason, I'm stumped. Several of the base weapons are invisible, yet still usable, and dropping them seems to make them disappear into nothingness - can't find them and get no clatter from them hitting the ground. Further to that, one weapon *had* a model for a while, then became invisible again. I'm kinda stumped: ideas?

EDIT: I'm thinking the most likely culprit is Weapon Variants Expansion having some kind of issue with something else, as it's the only thing I can think of in my list that changes base weapons. However, disabling it doesn't fix the issue (Possibly understandable). I've also tried re-DLing it, running a Bash patch and general troubleshooting, so either I've missed something elementary or it's a new issue in Skyrim - never had this issue with old Oblv/FO lists. >.<

Quite a long list, though I've found I was wrong - the error is with the Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel mod. I'm working on a possible fix atm, gimme 5. :razz:

EDIT: Sorted. Never mind. :razz:

Untitled. said:

Armour that looks like it would never even work is the worst. One thing I liked about Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind is that usually armour looked fairly protective, even if some of it had fantasy elements (such as being made of insect shells, for example). I don't really like any of Skyrim's armour designs. Daedric in particular looks awful to me. Just look at how it went from Morrowind to Skyrim. I went from thinking it looks at least okay to thinking it's ugly to the point I'm never going to use it for any reason, no matter how good it is.

MW_Armor_DaedricM.jpg
OB-item-Daedric_Armor.jpg
SR-item-Daedric_Armor_Male.jpg

According to lore, daedric armour is made from the souls of daedra in a violent and extremely unpleasant manner that leavs the daedroth suffering for all eternity. The magically sensitive report sometimes hearing the screams of the daedroth trapped inside.  I didn't like how simple daedric was to forge. I think it should have been how it was in Morrowind, where it superceded every other material in the game, and was incredibly rare. Except instead of rarity, they could have made it extremely difficult to forge requiring different materials and a questline with help from mages and enchanters. Daedra are also pretty rare in Skyrim, so you'd have to go hunt down a dremora, xivilai, golden saint, seducer, clanfear, vermai, or some other type during the quest to soul trap. Missed opportunity, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom