Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled. said:
It was a slight exaggeration, but I haven't played the game in a while and it was horrible enough to be difficult to enjoy when I played it. Gonna wait for all the unofficial mods to do their bidding. I couldn't even finish a single questline because they all broke on me. :lol:

You must have awful luck. The only serious problem I had was the werewolf in the Ring of Hircine quest not fighting back, which made things way too easy. Restarting the game fixed it, though. Also, this was back in December.

Anyways, I'm having a lot of fun playing as a mage. Midas Magic added some interesting things, although it seems to have been abandoned. Luckily, Apocalypse Spell Package came out, which has even more creative stuff. From the looks of it, it's not all throw ball of whatever element at guy for so much damage.

Wow, you have strawman goggles like a lesbian anime fan has yuri goggles. I was talking about how iCock held a reasonable assumption based on the tone of the complaints on the armors.

Anyway,

Being able to make that at a village forge with supplies bought from the local pawn shop is way too little distance in this case.
That's deceptive really. You're ignoring the perks and smithing leveling required to make daedric armor. While I agree it's a little too farfetched the way you can buy a daedra heart from some stores instead of having enough places to actually get some in combat, the distance is actually there: it's the lore-friendliness that's not.

iCock said:
Or do we create a simplified game with still a lot to do so people who don't know about the lore ( for instance I never knew about the daedric way of making armour till now ) so that everyone can enjoy?

To be fair, that particular piece of lore is (as far as I can remember) only mentioned by two or three NPCs in Morrowind and is only one paragraph of dialogue. A questline or special way of forging daedric would have been a great way to introduce this lore. In general, I think Bethesda could integrate more lore into their games in ways that could make fun gameplay mechanics or quests.

Shivering Isles and Battlespire were great ways to integrate daedric lore with a questline and story, for example, and show that daedra does not mean simply evil people.

iCock said:
Yes, however I poured 200+ hours into the game whereas you stopped playing the game after the first patch.
And that's relevant how exactly?

How could you EVER have gathered enough information to assume that the game is flawed? Every game is flawed.
I don't think I need to add anything to this. :lol:

I don't see you complaining about Mount and Blade.
Wow. That is so going into my sig.

It bothers me not that you complain, it bothers me that you ALWAYS complain. Have you even said a single word positive about this game?
Yes, quite a few.

do we create a complicated game with a lot of lore so that the hardcore fans will be satisfied?

Or do we create a simplified game with still a lot to do so people who don't know about the lore ( for instance I never knew about the daedric way of making armour till now ) so that everyone can enjoy?
False dichotomy, the two approaches are not mutually exclusive. Just because one specific set of armor is very hard to obtain does not make the rest of the game any more complex or inaccessible.

They are making a game for profit and not for letting you enjoy said game.
Perhaps it is naive of me, but I think even Todd Howard deep down wants to make a good game. Yes, money is an important motivation, but I don't think it's the only one, or even the primary one.

MadocComadrin said:
Wow, you have strawman goggles like a lesbian anime fan has yuri goggles. I was talking about how iCock held a reasonable assumption based on the tone of the complaints on the armors.
My apologies, I misunderstood. Still, that doesn't make iCock's argument any more valid, or yours.

Being able to make that at a village forge with supplies bought from the local pawn shop is way too little distance in this case.
That's deceptive really. You're ignoring the perks and smithing leveling required to make daedric armor.
No I'm not.
Ringwraith #5 said:
Apparently the best way to obtain the knowledge of how to make the best armor in the world is simply to make a metric ****ton of iron daggers.

While I agree it's a little too farfetched the way you can buy a daedra heart from some stores instead of having enough places to actually get some in combat, the distance is actually there: it's the lore-friendliness that's not.
So now you're basically touting mindless grind as a virtue. I don't think I even need to say anything to that.

All I'm saying with the first thing is if you have 3 play throughs then you should encounter more flaws. I have seen very little flaws whereas you have seen a gazillion.

Are there any bandit armour mods that change their armour to armour better suited in snowy conditions on the Steam workshop? (I tried searching, but anything I type it just says there is nothing, even If I typed trees)

iCock said:
All I'm saying with the first thing is if you have 3 play throughs then you should encounter more flaws. I have seen very little flaws whereas you have seen a gazillion.
That just means my standards are higher than yours.

Given the amount that you complain about things, I don't think anything meets your standards that you have not made yourself.

Ringwraith #5 said:
iCock said:

Or that you're just more than likely to ***** and complain about things most others deal with a shrug if they notice them in the first place.

Ringwraith #5 said:
iCock said:

Nice, sigging.

Mage246 said:
Given the amount that you complain about things, I don't think anything meets your standards that you have not made yourself.
Rest assured that I am even more critical of my own creations than I am of the creations of others.

Nipplemelter said:
I'm curious; what games have you played, Ring, that you have very few complaints about?
Hm, tough one. I guess it depends on how you define "very few complaints". I would actually include Skyrim on that list, especially compared to Oblivion. I would also question the relevance of the criterion, just because a game has a great number of flaws doesn't mean it's not good or fun. Morrowind, which I hold up as being probably the best game ever made, has so much wrong with it that the list would be as long as your arm. I've had much more fun with Trespasser than with Crysis.
Nevertheless, looking at my current games library, the games that I have very few complaints about are: Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur, Grand Prix Legends, GT Legends, Motorm4x, Terraria, Jagged Alliance 2, Just Cause 2, and Mass Effect 1. That's not a complete list by far, it's just from what I have installed at the moment. There are many more games I would put on that list but can't remember at the moment. If you give me the name of a game, I can tell you whether I have serious complaints about it.

Nahkuri said:
Or that you're just more than likely to ***** and complain about things most others deal with a shrug if they notice them in the first place.
Yes, that's what I said. :razz:

iCock said:
If you include skyrim in that list you're insane. Where do you live? Loonie-house?
Skyrim has loads of problems. Only because he's *****ing about them doesn't mean he can' t enjoy the rest of it.
Especially since there are mods that fix a good bunch of the **** parts of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom