Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahkuri said:
No, it doesn't look mobile. It looks like an expensive halloween costume. IMO the best heavy armour should be just heavy plate. The fantasy crap could come with the enchanting. The steel plate armour looks pretty good.

600px-SR-item-Steel_Plate_Armor_Male.jpg

EDIT: Fixed.
That looks nice. Not VERY amazingly good, but definitely nice.

Nahkuri said:

I like this armor, but the helmet looks ugly. The wings are just too much, I think there is a steel helmet which is just plain round and will look a lot better with that armor. Not to mention that it looks like there is nothing inside the helmet. Eyes? No? Maybe a throat that the enemy can cut? Nope, plain black.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Helmet_(Skyrim) That helmet.

Nahkuri said:

Daedric armor has always looked silly evil, but that one looks kinda good. Just cut the horns and spikes from the shoulders and helmet, the shield looks horrible, so just leave that in your inventory, and then it will look great.

Morrowind is totally worth it, there are a lot of graphics mods that will make it look better. Other than that... The game is already so great, what do you need mods for? :razz:
I think the construction kit can be downloaded for free too.

Untitled. said:
Speaking of Morrowind, it's up for 10€ on Steam. Offer includes all expansions but no construction kit. Worth it? If so, any epic mods out there?

I'd say it's worth it. It's ten years old, and it does some things poorly. The AI is absolutely and utterly retarded, the NPCs don't have daily schedules and just stand around only to say **** off if you come near, the animations and sounds are rather **** etc etc. But if you can get over all that it's quite good.

Didn't use a lot of mods because I wanted to keep the native feel of the game. It's been at least 4 years, but I think I used these.
Morrowind Graphics Extender. I just added discreet distant blur and made the view distance a tad longer. The landscape was designed with the fog in mind so Skyrim-esque view distances just look wrong.

Morrowind Comes Alive + the name generator for it. Adds thousands of NPCs all over the place. In the towns, cities and in the wilderness.

Better Bodies

Better heads

Passive Healthy Wildlife. Helps with the ****ing cliffracers attacking you constantly.

If you get the game and haven't played it before, you'll notice that it's a ****load more complicated than Skyrim and Oblivilol. I recommend reading a character creation guide. This is a pretty good one, and fun to read: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/480241-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind/faqs/30441

I'd personally recommend making a fighter at first. Redguard with long blade as a major skill can put up a pretty good fight from the start, as they get a +15 skill bonus.

I'd say MW is totally worth it. Though like Nahkuri said, be aware that you're buying a game that's more than ten years old. It's very very dated in pretty much every respect.

Haresus said:
I think the construction kit can be downloaded for free too.
Not officially, AFAIK.

I think Morrowind's just what I looked for in Skyrim, albeit a bit dated. I've yet to read that FAQ and maybe watch a few parts of an LP before I make up my mind. Graphics are easy to get over once you've played a bit and it's not like you need any of the extra gimmicks. The only thing I can see myself grow frustrated at is the AI.
Thanks for giving me some pointers though. :smile:

Nahkuri said:
Yeah. That's the downside of most TES games. The leather, fur, iron, steel, and other early level **** usually looks pretty good, but the the higher level equipment tends to look too much like silly fantasy crap. Especially the daedric crap in Skyrim. Holy **** that looks horrible.

This is why I'm quite pleased that you can smith the **** out of steel until it's decent stat-wise later on. With the late game being as easy as it is, it's also a good way of making it a bit harder.

Morroblivion did a decent job of converting morrowind to oblivion, it just took WAYYY to long to install.

Nahkuri said:
Yeah. That's the downside of most TES games. The leather, fur, iron, steel, and other early level **** usually looks pretty good, but the the higher level equipment tends to look too much like silly fantasy crap. Especially the daedric crap in Skyrim. Holy **** that looks horrible.

I mean, just ******** look at this ******** ****!

600px-SR-item-Daedric_Armor_Male.jpg
That's why I never played Oblivion again after the main quests.

DaedricArmor.jpg

And that's why I can't get past the flying dragon quest in Skyrim. I mean to beat the game you need to wear those crap, it's just stupid... I sticked to my steel armour and always die in it because it's too weak...

I restarted the game again as a Kahjit archer/stealthy character but I don't know if there are any good light armors around. I hope I won't be forced to wear one of theese awful armour. I'm using now a fur armour but it's getting old...

Also that's one more reason I like Mount and Blade even more: no fantasy/anime stuff, that's the key.

Mrr.Phil said:
Morroblivion did a decent job of converting morrowind to oblivion, it just took WAYYY to long to install.
Not really, all it did was do a graphic overhaul and ofc AI.  All the quests (afaik) are not there, it's just the land/locations.

I'm talkin morrowind mods for morrowind not oblivion :razz:.

(A really good one for Role playing being the Phyiggi's Slavery mod, where you can take slaves from those caves and sell em or use to your liking)

I seem to recall reading of mods that make the game stupidly realistic. Stupidly realistic in that if you got a disease, it wouldn't be done with downing a cure disease potion. You had to stay in bed for a week and eat just soup, or something along those lines.

Anyone knows a(some) mod(s) that improve the Khajiit textures? I'm thinking on startting a new character as Khajiit but looking at them makes my eyes bleed.

Whiligelm said:
Also that's one more reason I like Mount and Blade even more: no fantasy/anime stuff, that's the key.

Yes, that's all well and good. But why complain about the armours in TES when it's a Fantasy RPG series?  :???:

EDIT: Unless, of course, you don't mind that it has fantasy armours, but you just dislike the design of them...

"Fantasy" isn't the same as "all the things you like and none of the things you don't like".

Unless you're secretly the developer in charge of the game, of course.

And? It's their game. They obviously aren't out to make all their armours in their fantasy game be historically accurate, or at least seem like they could work in the real world. They just want it to look cool and awesome to the majority of people who don't give a rat's arse about it being realistic. It's obviously not something they take into account when designing their fantasy RPG. If it wasn't a fantasy RPG, I would be pissed if they included armours like that. But it's not.

Also, what Mage said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom