SP Fantasy Age of Descent: A Violent Ending First Public Alpha Realeased!

Users who are viewing this thread

humm...the slection ofzombies and satanics, I had done that as a "debug" to get face codes and test the textures. roborob must have forgotten to remove it.oh, and roborob REMOVE the name belial, please, I already explained it to you  :wink: .

the thing with guns when firing is from vanilla really. they fixed it for bows and crossbows in .8xx...but they forgot to do it for firearms.

the rest of the stuff...well it's an alpha after all. alphas are generally buggy and unplayable. But I'm confident Roborob will do a great job  :smile:

Hey, I wasn't complaining at all!
I thought feedback as to what was (in one's oppinion) wrong was exactly what was being asked for?
I can edit all that out and leave only the "Love the direction, keep going" part in, if that'd be more appreciated.

I'm starting the quest now...will give info when I can.

I love the village north of "Zendar"

keep the Satanic Peoples give them their own quests and stuff like that.

EDIT: I did the quest. It is interesting. Just some suggestions...have the pile of bodies "usable" so that your character examines them to see if the remains were mutilated with cultist symbols and things like that.

Almost everyone in "Zendar" says "I will kill you!"

First impressions:

This is A LOT OF FUN!!!!

While not everything is ready yet, (hey, it's an alpha) and some textures are going awry on my pc, (and causing CTD's, but I'll detail those later) this mod captured me from the second I imported my character into the game. I had a level 18 character that I thought would be perfect for this, so I took "Elizabeth" and brought her to life in this "Shaun of the Dead" type world. Nevertheless, she's done rather well. Now, Elizabeth is a decent melee fighter, but she prefers not to swing swords around if she can help it. In the original M&B .808, she used a Nomad bow with 3 large bags of Khergit Arrows. The Watered-Steel knife she had at the start of the game was kept in her inventory chest just in case. However, things have changed! With the introduction of firearms Elizabeth has now been able to excercise her trigger finger quite usefully. The number of different fiirearms, some historical, some ahistorical, but all of them challenging to use and get used to, make Elizabeth very happy. From the slaughter of many ghouls (and what she'd had beforehand from original .80:cool:, she built up enough money to buy this equipment:

Sturdy Black Hood (the wide one with the maroon face cover)
Hardened Black Padded Leather
Hardened Leather Gloves
Reinforced Black Greaves
Nomad Bow
Large bag of Khergit Arrows
Noble Precision Pistol (I found the musketballs in the Zendar Chest)
Repeater Carbine
Some 10 shot pistol whose name I don't remember
Heavy Hunter

This equipment comes in quite handy for ghoul slaying, almost makes it too easy, though I've had a few rough scrapes. I've bought numerous bags of arrows. They add up to around 80 something, but on one occasion Elizabeth went on foot with her Swadian Crossbowmen to wait for the Ghoul Shooting Gallery to come by, when a bug only caused one of her men to spawn. That made it Elizabeth and her Swadian Crossbowman friend, on foot vs. 25 Ghouls! (I'm on a laptop, can't go much higher than that) Now, with 40 musketballs and 28 arrows, you'd think that would be fine... but it wasn't. She didn't have her horse, and that limited her mobility severely. She couldn't run circles around the Zombies anymore. So very quickly she ran back to her inventory chest and filled up with 3 bags of arrows and her Nomad bow. As the 25 ghouls approached, she fired one after another arrow into the zombies, but they were tough! Some of the zombies took 4-5 shots to the chest and wouldn't go down! Others to 4 headshots before they were finally dead! When 20 out of the 25 ghouls had been killed by arrows and the Swadian Crossbowman was dead, the other five began advancing on Elizabeth. Each one of them had a few arrows in their heads or chests, but they wouldn't die! She knew she was more agile than the Ghouls, so she ran back to her inventory chest, put everything away, grabbed the Repeater Carbine and her knife and charged! She fired and cleared the magazine of the Repeater Carbine at range, knocking out one of them. She reloaded, but by that time the Ghouls had advanced. Pulling out her knife she slashed and stabbed until each last Ghoul was down. I've barely ever had as much fun in M&B! So, first of all, thank you!

Okay, now down to business. As I'm sure you know, many, if not all of the People in Zendar, seem to want to kill me. That's fine, I kill them with the pistol for laughs and am done with it.
Some other things:

-Some textures are bugged. Sword's scabbards, knives and their sheathes, the "holsters" for bows (not the arrow quivers, those are fine), certain items of clothing like chain mail, etc... The textures don't seem to be applied and only appear as black.
-In some town weapon and armor shops I get an error message that it could not find "some object# barrel" that causes the program to crash.
-Even War parties fall victim to the Ghouls. I saw, over a period of days, a Swadian War Party of 114 get devoured by a party of 115 ghouls. I don't know if that's a bug, but it seems implausable that heavy Swadian and Vaegir cavalry can't tear apart the Ghoul formations.
-There is nobody in the Dark Forest (just a lot of speared dead things), nor is there any sign of anything in the town near Rivacheg (though there are a lot of dead things there too) or the Prison near Khudan. . (Good work on those, btw!)
-In the Happy Boar Inn, when talking to the guy who looks like Mr. T, my game freezes during the dialogue. By "freeze" I mean that the dialogue stops and will not continue even if I keep left-clicking. I cannot exit the dialogue either, I have to force-quit.
-The ground in the dead village seems very uneven and jarry. Can that be re-worked?

Overall, beautiful work so far. I look forward to more!

awesome game. just plain awesome. (especially in 1st person view.

Now, I haven't played much, I just tried it out a bit.

Bugs:

Well, as everyone's mentioned, the dialog errors, then there's the error i found while trying to help mercenaries fight ghouls.

Scenario

Belial, just got out of the training grounds, went to help mercenaries, 10 of them against 2/3 ghouls

battle screen showed up

You have 11 units against the enemy's 2

Loaded to the battle map.

Game crashed when I saw all the mercs spawn.

You might want to fix the mod title for the topic and the first post to "Descent" instead of "Decent". In case you're unaware of the different meanings (the mod title has been messed up now for some time after all),
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/decent
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/descent

"Age of Decent" just doesn't make sense.

Tuckles said:
awesome game. just plain awesome. (especially in 1st person view.

Now, I haven't played much, I just tried it out a bit.

Bugs:

Well, as everyone's mentioned, the dialog errors, then there's the error i found while trying to help mercenaries fight ghouls.

Scenario

Belial, just got out of the training grounds, went to help mercenaries, 10 of them against 2/3 ghouls

battle screen showed up

You have 11 units against the enemy's 2

Loaded to the battle map.

Game crashed when I saw all the mercs spawn.
Same happened to me.

Janus said:
You might want to fix the mod title for the topic and the first post to "Descent" instead of "Decent". In case you're unaware of the different meanings (the mod title has been messed up now for some time after all),
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/decent
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/descent

"Age of Decent" just doesn't make sense.

Yeah, you'd think with all the ghouls and plague and whatnot it wouldn't be much of a 'decent' age  :lol:

It was "mesh4 barrel"

I believe, but there may be others. Not sure.

Also-
-There is no modification of the speeches if the character is female.
-The Destrier and other imported horses look really weird. There's something wrong with their animations.
-I can't find out where to get more musketballs.
-The blood spurts (especially from headshots) make the game a lot of fun, but even then. I feel like I'm in Dracula, Dead and Loving it every time I get a headshot.
-The reverse side of shields seem to be incorrectly textured. I don't know what's on the back of them, but it's certainly not right.

The Quest in Tihr-

It's a good idea, but it needs to be expanded. I said I thought the Satanics did it because there was only one burning building, the weapons were missing but the bodies were in a burning pile. It's a combo of the Empire and the Rebels. But anyway, after that, nothing happened at all. The player should have to find and confront the party and party leader who did this, kill his/her party, and take him back to somewhere for trial and execution.

Great mod so far :grin: though for some reason the battles seem to take more computer power then vanilla cause ive knoticed a frame rate loss compaired to native...but Ive knoticed that in other mods too..

also whats the "IT WORKED!" thing that pops up on the bottom

wow be better if we could fight ghouls in towns and there wer alot alot alot more of them, they're slow so they should be in large numbers to swarm

Love the concept behind this mod, shows lots of promise...

I believe the "It works" statement is refering to the Ghoul party spawning, since that's what I always notice.

The weapons are great too.

Especially loved the MR.T npc

i got this error when i tried to join some manhunters fighting some ghouls...

dibujo3ss.jpg

i think you should upp the damage on one shot guns rifles waay. maybe down it a bitt for the multi shooters, and rise theyr cost a lots.
and maybe add some hard gouls, like "long dead army" gouls with swords..just to make someting harder, maybe make them faster than the normal ones.

other than that, i think its pretty good

hmmm...I like your mod and the background idea very much, although there's not much to do in the alpha. About the mission in Tyre? Sorry....I dont really like it....it's because it is shallow in story-depth...
i think the first mission should be finding your murdered wife in a nearby village, where it was terribly destroyed and sacked, and after fighting against a few ghouls,enter a church and you find your dead wife. You have no idea at all of whoever did it, so you sweared to God you must avenge her death. Then you traveled to Warwich to seek help from your old master, *whatever his name is*, and asking what the hell happened. You blame the ghouls and your quest for vengeance begins. Well of course if your team is going for the open-ended way, the story would be completely different, depends on you guys.
If you need a story writer or a idea guy, I am glad to be at service.
nice mod and keep up the good work!

I don't think a weak small stick with a small fire on it's tip is going to do much against ghouls...

Cool looking mod so far, the ghoul parties need to be way bigger though, the biggest one I've encountered so far is about 21, I killed them all almost singlehandedly without any pressure.

Back
Top Bottom