Any updates on the bugs implemented in latest release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, I feel these could be considered for hotfixing. Happen on PC & PS4. They reared their head following the last update in Dec.

1) When sieging a settlement, if a different army decides to join you, it then counts it as that lord leading the siege. As such, they get all the loot and control of when you attack, plus all your trebuchets etc. Very annoying.

2) If you own a settlement and sell lords, they sell and you get the money, but the lords stay in the dungeon. You can indefinitely take them from the dungeon and sell them, over and over.

3) When doing a siege with a large number of troops, people are still stuck in walls. That's okay, these things happen. But please consider implementing some kind of algorithm. If we've got 200 people left and they've got 3, and it's been 5 mins without a kill, surely you can have an auto resolve feature.

4) When "Copying All" troops, (e.g., you have slots for 50 prisoners and there are 100 prisoners) it 100% used to default to the best tier ones first. Now it just copies random ones, so you have to manually go through and find the best tier ones. Not just prisoners, same if you're grabbing rescued troops. It really slows down things and makes it agonising to go through and find the ones to copy (way, way worse on PS4 as well).

5) Not sure if this one is intentional - before when you forced villages to give you troops, there'd be quite a mix of troops. Now they're only recruits.

Thank you.

Last edited:
As for your first point, I do believe that means the leader or perhaps a higher ranking liege lord has taken over the siege. As such you do become second fiddle. Agreeably annoying, but it’s medieval warfare.

Now on that point the glitch where they won’t attack the siege even after breaking all the walls is indeed redonkulus. Though tbh I have never experienced these issues myself. Maybe it was their user error.

Regards,

R. K. D.

Hey, I feel these could be considered for hotfixing. Happen on PC & PS4. They reared their head following the last update in Dec.

1) When sieging a settlement, if a different army decides to join you, it then counts it as that lord leading the siege. As such, they get all the loot and control of when you attack, plus all your trebuchets etc. Very annoying.

2) If you own a settlement and sell lords, they sell and you get the money, but the lords stay in the dungeon. You can indefinitely take them from the dungeon and sell them, over and over.

3) When doing a siege with a large number of troops, people are still stuck in walls. That's okay, these things happen. But please consider implementing some kind of algorithm. If we've got 200 people left and they've got 3, and it's been 5 mins without a kill, surely you can have an auto resolve feature.

4) When "Copying All" troops, (e.g., you have slots for 50 prisoners and there are 100 prisoners) it 100% used to default to the best tier ones first. Now it just copies random ones, so you have to manually go through and find the best tier ones. Not just prisoners, same if you're grabbing rescued troops. It really slows down things and makes it agonising to go through and find the ones to copy (way, way worse on PS4 as well).

5) Not sure if this one is intentional - before when you forced villages to give you troops, there'd be quite a mix of troops. Now they're only recruits.

Thank you.
Man you’re really asking a lot from a game you already paid for. Personally I believe yes, they could continue to improve singleplayer endlessly, but without adding new content what is the point? The game was great on release and fully playable. Personally I think this is the best game of the decade and we’re still just getting started.

That being said TW has real opportunity to capitalize on their groundbreaking code in the moment, and personally if having a multiplayer that is streamed like LOL means they are able to give us an even better experience for M&B3 then so may it be. Sadly TW is not gaining any extra prestige by improving the Vanilla version. Let’s look to greener pastures no?

As for your first point, I do believe that means the leader or perhaps a higher ranking liege lord has taken over the siege. As such you do become second fiddle. Agreeably annoying, but it’s medieval warfare.

Now on that point the glitch where they won’t attack the siege even after breaking all the walls is indeed redonkulus. Though tbh I have never experienced these issues myself. Maybe it was their user error.

Regards,

R. K. D.
Hey, thanks for your confirmation. I'm certain this also happens on my save where I'm tier 6, but I'll give that a whirl tonight and see if that's the case.

Man you’re really asking a lot from a game you already paid for. Personally I believe yes, they could continue to improve singleplayer endlessly, but without adding new content what is the point? The game was great on release and fully playable. Personally I think this is the best game of the decade and we’re still just getting started.

That being said TW has real opportunity to capitalize on their groundbreaking code in the moment, and personally if having a multiplayer that is streamed like LOL means they are able to give us an even better experience for M&B3 then so may it be. Sadly TW is not gaining any extra prestige by improving the Vanilla version. Let’s look to greener pastures no?
You are being sarcastic, right?

Hey, thanks for your confirmation. I'm certain this also happens on my save where I'm tier 6, but I'll give that a whirl tonight and see if that's the case.

You are being sarcastic, right?
Are you being sarcastic? I surely was not.

Are you being sarcastic? I surely was not.
Right, I only ask because the things I've mentioned are *regressions*, or at least behavioural changes.

I'm not requesting new features, just clarification on the bugs I mentioned. Their behaviour used to be different.

No I agree they continually make changes to single player the only issue is each change typically comes with 3 mistakes which to me makes it not worth it.

Also when you look at the state of the online multiplayer from what it could be single player updates seem unnecessary.

Not sure if this one is intentional - before when you forced villages to give you troops, there'd be quite a mix of troops. Now they're only recruits.
It's intentional. They did it to make me mad :xf-mad: My favorite trick was to use it to gather horse archers cheap and fast. however, in cultures where the normal troop line is better then the elites, it's actually useful and this amount of recruits is independent of normal recruitment and can give you a lot if the village's stats are high.

Last edited:
It's intentional. They did it to make me mad :xf-mad:
Haha, thanks for confirming.

So on them joining a siege you started and it counts as it's now their siege: this also happens on my top tier 6 save. Start a siege and then they will join in and swoop the glory.

I also notice the same thing happens when you start a battle and there's another teammate in the vicinity. It counts as they're leading the battle.

I really don't think this is intentional, but if it is due to some nebulous mechanic, please could TW implement some text describing why?

For instance: "X is leading the siege because their Y is higher than yours"
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean the problem is sorted? Issue still occurs for me.

If you mean it's something to do with the sorting, I pored over the menus and couldn't see a sorting option for tiers. Let me know what I'm missing.

So on them joining a siege you started and it counts as it's now their siege: this also happens on my top tier 6 save. Start a siege and then they will join in and swoop the glory.

I also notice the same thing happens when you start a battle and there's another teammate in the vicinity. It counts as they're leading the battle.

I really don't think this is intentional, but if it is due to some nebulous mechanic, please could TW implement some text describing why?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean the problem is sorted? Issue still occurs for me.

If you mean it's something to do with the sorting, I pored over the menus and couldn't see a sorting option for tiers. Let me know what I'm missing.
I meant only the forced recruits being generic recruit instead of the actual troop from the village roster. That was an intentional change. I don't know anything about any recent changes to siege 's with AI, I always avoid them anyways because they also dilute your forces, assuming you have good troops for siege.

Regards,

R. K. D.
The problem with npc's being stuck is generally solveable by the player, but often the player get ko in combat, so its just the ai troops.
Very rare that they now get stuck inside a building that you cant reach, the problem is that the troops trying to get to them is melee, and wont reach them.
However when you are in control yourself - you just order the troops to move to another part and you have a clear shot at takeing down theese troops.

This could be solved by how some mods have done it even back in Warband, where when you fall in combat you take over the role of another unit.

The other solution with haveing a time auto-resolve would also be great tbh.

This happends on pc aswell, and its insane frustrating the few times it does happend, that being said I've not have it happend on 1.29 - which I dont think Console have yet?
The earlier patches it would happend at times.
I could just be lucky witn my plays though, since I dont see it anymore or its been patched out.

It's intentional. They did it to make me mad :xf-mad: My favorite trick was to use it to gather horse archers cheap and fast. however, in cultures where the normal troop line is better then the elites, it's actually useful and this amount of recruits is independent of normal recruitment and can give you a lot if the village's stats are high.
Which cultures are those exactly…?

The problem with npc's being stuck is generally solveable by the player, but often the player get ko in combat, so its just the ai troops.
Very rare that they now get stuck inside a building that you cant reach, the problem is that the troops trying to get to them is melee, and wont reach them.
However when you are in control yourself - you just order the troops to move to another part and you have a clear shot at takeing down theese troops.

This could be solved by how some mods have done it even back in Warband, where when you fall in combat you take over the role of another unit.

The other solution with haveing a time auto-resolve would also be great tbh.

This happends on pc aswell, and its insane frustrating the few times it does happend, that being said I've not have it happend on 1.29 - which I dont think Console have yet?
The earlier patches it would happend at times.
I could just be lucky witn my plays though, since I dont see it anymore or its been patched out.
My Xbox reads 1.30.0

Which cultures are those exactly…?
Anything but Khuzait and Battania, that's not to say the tier 6 elite cavalry isn't good, but the lower tiers die too much and just mass producing ranged from recruits is often better to me. I would say vlandia has the nicest generic recruit, being able to spam t2 crossbow men (even if they a little weaker then in the old days). Also keep in mind nowdays with a forced recruit you can get like 20 recruits from a healthy village, versus 4 or 5 troops in the old system.

My Xbox reads 1.30.0
Either the xbox versions is different than pc or your looking at something else?
the current version for pc is 1.29
and its been so for months ..
There is multiple threads about wanting the fabled 1.30 we know they've mentioned but no release time.
From my understanding the Xbox is on similar to pc or 1 behind?
Ps5 is from my understand several behind.
I dont have any other platform than pc, so I cant check etc.

Last news I can find for Xbox is from December of last year and it being 1.27
Source - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/547
And if you look at the notes for patch 1.28 -> https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/549
You will notice the abscennse of all the console, the 3 mentioned is pc (just different retailversions).

Either the xbox versions is different than pc or your looking at something else?
There is multiple threads about wanting the fabled 1.30 we know they've mentioned but no release time.

And if you look at the notes for patch 1.28 -> https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/549
You will notice the abscennse of all the console, the 3 mentioned is pc (just different retailversions).
My pc reads 1.2.9 Xbox is 1.0.30.0 according to the game card.

Agreed there ought to be a thing that reads you have delegated command to “x”.

Don’t trust everything You read online. 😅

Agreed there ought to be a thing that reads you have delegated command to “x”.
Also there is a sorting option that says high tier and low tier. You can also do monochromatic or in order of your party so there’s that option as well. **** you wanna just dm our questions?😂

Back
Top Bottom