Carlos Danger said:
aekilju said:
So how about that new inventory UI eh?

twdd_03_inventory.jpg

looks overly complicated
Maybe for a goldfish.

Well that's racist.

....... only if you are a goldfish  :grin:

I might as well be a goldfish, so what? Now I'm highly offended, and you better apologize or else  I'll raise an army of highly offended goldfish that will force you to apologize through the use of not very convincing and poorly written letters because well, goldfish aren't very intelligent and are unable of anything else.

Araf said:
Inventory UI looks like it's taken from a Facebook game or something. Then again, it's just a WIP screenshot.

Can you please explain how it "looks like it's taken from a facebook game"?

It's hard to put it into words actually. Maybe it's the list and bunch of large icons stuffed together, or the font used... I don't know. It's designers' job to find out why.  :razz:

Chivalry101 said:
aekilju said:
aekilju said:

And who's face do you suppose it is on those coins? Some Emperor's?

Emperor Denar perhaps?

The emperor's name should be Armagan, without any doubt.

Anyway, does anyone know why is the empire that they mention in their page called "Calradic"? It bothers me that every country in the world has a name with an actual meaning, but this one seems to have no meaning or origin. The best explanation I can think of is that the founder was called Calrad. It would make sense seeing how Lothair--->Lotharingia, Louis---->Louisiana.

I've just realised how egocentric *****es kings could be in those times.

Yabloko said:
Anyway, does anyone know why is the empire that they mention in their page called "Calradic"? It bothers me that every country in the world has a name with an actual meaning, but this one seems to have no meaning or origin.
I'm pretty sure that "Rhodok" doesn't have a meaning, and I can't really see your point. The only country which possesses a meaningful name (except the Nords, who are obvious) must be "Geroia", which should mean "Land of heroes". (The main character in Native comes from there, btw.)
Besides, "Calradia" sounds nice and shares a syllable with my name, and, when you swap a few letters, becomes "caldaria", which should be the plural of "caldarium", which must have also been really nice. In any case, I'm fine with Calradia, no matter why it's called that. :razz:

Well, i think there are more countries with some meaning, at least the "origin" of the name, for example Spain, in spanish "España", comes from Hispania, that could be a derivation from Phoenician language, of something like "Land of rabbits".

Every name will have his own history.

MiguelSnake said:
Well, i think there are more countries with some meaning, at least the "origin" of the name, for example Spain, in spanish "España", comes from Hispania, that could be a derivation from Phoenician language, of something like "Land of rabbits".

That's what I mean. If you look at every toponym or anthroponym, it'll have an etymology, and I think that the places in Bannerlord should have at least a little meaning, instead of being just invented or modified real world names. It's not vital of course, and It won't make any impact on the game, but it just feels empty if places have arbitrary names with no actual sense.

Here I go again, telling you guys what I shouldn't..
In the tongue of ancient Khergits "Calradia" has a meaning..
Cal-ra-dia
Cal meaning horse/stallion
Ra meaning lord/god
Dia meaning land/country
So there you go a lil' bit more on the horse overlords trivia..

MiguelSnake said:

I was talking about the game only, you see. The real world does not exist and should not be a factor when making considerations. :razz:

GlorvalhirSRB said:
Here I go again, telling you guys what I shouldn't..
In the tongue of ancient Khergits "Calradia" has a meaning..
Cal-ra-dia
Cal meaning horse/stallion
Ra meaning lord/god
Dia meaning land/country
So there you go a lil' bit more on the horse overlords trivia..
I'm not sure on your sources, but this sounds sort of legit, given that as far as we know the Khergits have always been around the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom