Reloaded Windows XP, problem with M&B :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, so I had a little issue on my PC and I thought that reloading windows would help so I did that but it did not solve my problem (However, I know what the problem is now)

I wasn't sure what topic to put this under but I chose here since the almighty Keeper of Computers visits this board frequently. Here's my question, why does my Mount and Blade not work now? When I attempt to open it I get this:

Error Message said:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this file.

And one other thing, if I upgrade to Vista (I have Windows XP ATM) does it mess anything up M&B wise?
Help is gratefully accepted.

Cleidophoros said:
What do you mean by reloading xp? reformat or system restore?

I dont know Vista loves MB or not.
Literally reloading it. I lost everything in my C drive but I made backups so it was alright. I just wiped it clean, if that's reformatting.

Surprisingly, of all the games Vista decides to tie up and brutally **** over, Mount & Blade is not one of them. It runs relatively well. It does crash now and again, but that's just because I'm pushing it to see how much my high-end gaming computer can take before it's forced to terminate the program.

Lyze said:
Surprisingly, of all the games Vista decides to tie up and brutally **** over, Mount & Blade is not one of them. It runs relatively well. It does crash now and again, but that's just because I'm pushing it to see how much my high-end gaming computer can take before it's forced to terminate the program.
That's good to hear. I heard alot of nasty things about Vista and certain games it just doesn't "like".

I thought someone would have composed a fifty-thousand word essay on the failing of "Vista" and "program" by now.
For example: Fallout 3 has random crashes in Vista - this isn't simply an isolated problem with my computer, either.
Fallout 3, the poster boy for Vista and Windows compatibility, is not fully compatible.

Do be warned though - Vista is a total memory hog - just about everything takes longer to load. I should be doing homework now, so I won't continue - that's why I'm up this late, anyway.

Okay, thanks for the warning Lyze.  :smile:

Since it's 1:58 in the morning here and I'm tired, I'm going to go beddie-bye. :neutral:
I'll thank you people for your help tomorrow morning. :razz:

Are you trying to open the program from a link, or directly from the .exe?

Archonsod said:
Lyze said:
For example: Fallout 3 has random crashes in Vista - this isn't simply an isolated problem with my computer, either.
Are you sure? I've never had it crash on me once.

*shakes fist*

Damn you and your luck!
It's probably Vista, though it may be the ATI Card. I know you have a (dis)like for them. However, I've had ATI cards before, and everything has always ran smoothly, up until the Vista acquisition. Anyway, work now.

Back
Top Bottom