• Yes.

Votes: 254 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 289 42.6%
  • Wrong answer

Votes: 135 19.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I was unable to find any thread, that would be about cars, so I started my own.
This thread is for discussion about cars. Including your car, your dream car or someone elses car.

I don't own a car myself (yet), so this is the one I drive around with now (not my pic, but it looks exactly the same):

230.jpg

It's 13 and still driving very well. AND (like all Fords), it has front window heating, which is awesome. None of that little fan blowing on the window bull****, either.

Weren said:
I Was unable to find any thread, which would be about cars, so i started my own.

This Thread is for Discussion about cars. Including your car, your dream car, someone elses car.

Pictures are welcome.

I have a green Vauxhall Agila. Funny story, actually.

On December 23rd, 2007, the engine in my Citroen Saxo blew up because a gasket head came loose. So on the 24th December, Christmas eve, when I was due in work for 8am, I was actually out buying a new car. It was the car with the biggest boot I could find (I need a big boot for my dog) and I got a good deal on part-exchange for the rust-bucket I had then.

Anyway, it's green. I have a bike, too, but the dog doesn't fit on that.

Edit: Alcohol-induced tense ineptness.

Last time I looked into getting a bike in Edinburgh the annual insurance premium was worth more than the bike I was going to get (just a little 600cc BMW). Bugger that for a game of soldiers.

Pharaoh Llandy said:

The box like looking one? Or the the...box like looking one?

Archonsod said:
Last time I looked into getting a bike in Edinburgh the annual insurance premium was worth more than the bike I was going to get (just a little 600cc BMW). Bugger that for a game of soldiers.

Insurance of my car as me as the main driver for one year - £3487.

So...yeah.

Dude that sucks, but sports bike owners get SCREWED with insurance. When I was learning, I looked at getting an Aprilia RS 125 (with a view to moving onto the 250) but the insurance was... and this was the best quote... £750.

WTF.

That's more than I pay for my car insurance.

So I ended up getting a Suzuki Marauder, which looks a little like a small Harley and is classed as a custom bike. Much, much cheaper (£250 insurance, in a brick shed) plus when I get my full licence and progress to a higher CC, I'll have at least a couple of years' worth of no claims to add to it.

Buxton said:
Pharaoh Llandy said:

The box like looking one? Or the the...box like looking one?

That's the one. But it handles fairly well in small streets, and it's not like I need to traverse the country with it. Excellent for parking.

Insurance of my car as me as the main driver for one year - £3487.

Whoa. That sucls. The first year I had my car, I was on £1500, and that was with the extra direct debit charge. Would have been about £1300 up front.

Yeah, they seem to think I'm going to use it as an £800 battering ram. So it's just insured on my dad with me as the named driver.

In some ways I approve of the excessive charges brought onto young drivers, because it keeps some of the idiots of the street. But at the same time, it penalises the youngsters who are sensible and need to use a car to get around, and at the same time, so many idiots from PREVIOUS generations are still driving around with a complete disregard for the rules (read: business men, boy racers, people with "KIDS ON BOARD" signs in their window).

Huh, I don't have a car.

As far as insurance for my bike, I'm only paying around $350 bucks a year, and I'm only 21. At least in the states insurance companies know that motorcycles drivers aren't the ones who usually cause accidents, and motorcycles aren't going to cause as much damage as any car out there.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
In some ways I approve of the excessive charges brought onto young drivers, because it keeps some of the idiots of the street. But at the same time, it penalises the youngsters who are sensible and need to use a car to get around, and at the same time, so many idiots from PREVIOUS generations are still driving around with a complete disregard for the rules (read: business men, boy racers, people with "KIDS ON BOARD" signs in their window).

I can't afford insurance, so I just don't bother with it. I dunno if your theory really holds up.  :razz:

sneakey pete said:
Except to yourself...

My view on life is that those who don't take risks, aren't living to their fullest. Plus, they're pussies.

I'd never give up my bike for the safety of a car. Freedom, speed, agility, and a chick magnet all in one low price package.

I have  a 1994 Ford Mercury Topaz.

It works, although I've had to put in $2000 in various repairs, new tires. Which kind of sucks. Only cost $200 in the first place which my parents payed. Insurance was at $1200 per year (Canadian), but I had an accident I was at fault for and it went up by 75% >_< to $2100. At least the only thing I damaged on my car was a few deep scratches in my front bumper and a crack in the metal plate behind it.

I use 1/8th of a tank of gas in approximately one hour of highway driving (well, 80 km speed limit).

I'd like a car that is a little bit smaller, but very durable and not going to crumple when a butterfly hits it, and is better on gas. And perferably not a North American car.

Back
Top Bottom