Best-dressed Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, at that time the Russian army were already using Western European infantry uniforms and weapons. I'm talking about the Muscovite army not the new Imperial Russian army.

:grin:

219b508d3a.jpg

f8f0bdc6cf.jpg

2d2901ebe123.jpg

Imperial Eagle said:
That first deli looks like a model for later western hussars...
Yea, Poles used to stylize themselves to Eastern fashion in XVI/XVII century. Sabres instead of straight Western European swords, fur hats, "kontusz"s... Polish gentry regarded themselves as a descendants of Sarmatians, as opposed to Slavic peasants, so it was the rich look back then in Poland.

Danik Golovanov said:
Nice  :eek: what sites/keywords are you using?
I once tried to find some images for this thread by using "badass-looking warriors" on Google. The first image that wasn't from this thread specifically was a picture of Ben Franklin.

Captured Joe said:
And still they got defeated by a Swedish army of 1/3 their size at Narva. In a snowstorm.

Mistakes were made, lessons were learned. Poltava was the application of those lessons.

J9EUi.jpg

jxtMC.jpg

r8v7A.jpg

I like the army's fashion of this era, before they start applying lapels to all the coats, and before side-curls and such become common. Generals have massive flowing wigs and disgusting little mustaches that make them look like pedophiles, while enlisted men just have a helmet of unkempt hair that goes nearly to the shoulder. So in other words, they're not the 'best-dressed warriors," but.. in a good way?

Danik Golovanov said:
Hmm, at that time the Russian army were already using Western European infantry uniforms and weapons. I'm talking about the Muscovite army not the new Imperial Russian army.

Klushino, Dimitriads.

And the Streltsy were crushed by Peter's new style army.

Bluehawk said:
Captured Joe said:
And still they got defeated by a Swedish army of 1/3 their size at Narva. In a snowstorm.

Mistakes were made, lessons were learned. Poltava was the application of those lessons.

King Charles XII being shot in his ankle so he couldn't direct the battle helped a great deal as well.

Back
Top Bottom