RGL error

Users who are viewing this thread

rellum

Recruit
My system: Geforce 9400gt 1gb ram; Ram 3gb; AMD 64x2 4200+; DirectX 9.0c. I was fighting a Snake Cult party with an empire lord in support when I was taken back to desktop with the following error message: RGL error, unable to open texture file Modules\Prophesy of Pendor 3.3\\texture\shields_tear.dds.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

TB has posted many solutions to this problem in our WB "Support thread" I would advise you reading the first page, and perhaps the last couple of Pages in that Thread, looking for responses just by Treebeard, that I'm sure could solve your issue.

regards,

MP

Thank you. Sometimes there is so much stuff on the support site that you don't know where to start!

Hello,

I have the same RGL error problem: "cannot load textures / tear shield smth..", can somebody post here how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Faith and Arms.

Taken from the last page of the support thread.. As i stated before, it's not hard to do a little digging, took me 5 seconds to pull up that page:

Check the rest of the support page (first page, very important, then followed by the last few pages, if what i mentioned below doesn't work..) Hope this helps.

Best thing for you to try would be a combo of these things:
1) follow the instructions on this page: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html And make sure you have Load Textures On Demand Turned ON. (That setting is in pre-launch menu -> Configure -> Video).

2)
I've made a small resource saving patch that removes all custom D'Shar village scenes and replaces them with native's scenes. This will improve performance a bit.
On my system I used to only be able to load the PoP3301 game with 89% Texture Details when having Load Textures on Demand turned OFF. Now I can load the PoP3301 game with 95% Texture Details (- one notch higher).
Link to small resource patch:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20182575/ResourcePatch_3301.rar

Be sure to read the included ReadMe.doc that is inside the rar file before you do any installing.

This resource patch is save game compatible.

Regards,
TB

Back
Top Bottom