Lost Cattle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikan

Regular
Well... I raided a village (upsetting Marnid and Ymira... Sorry!) and got myself a nice herd of cattle.
Unfortunately, on the journey to the market, nightfall fell and I lost track of the cattle.

What happens when you lose cattle?
Do they disappear? Do they wander aimlessly for the rest of all time? Does Boyar Meriga (evil man) slaughter them?

Mikan said:
Well... I raided a village (upsetting Marnid and Ymira... Sorry!) and got myself a nice herd of cattle.
Unfortunately, on the journey to the market, nightfall fell and I lost track of the cattle.

What happens when you lose cattle?
Do they disappear? Do they wander aimlessly for the rest of all time? Does Boyar Meriga (evil man) slaughter them?

You're not going to like this, or maybe you are, but a couple of things can happen.
1.  Your lost cattle will roam.  I once stumbled upon 2 lost herds I misplaced in the dark after buying them for a quest.  Needless to say they soon became hamburger.

2.  Some one will come along and will butcher your cows for themselves.  Say buh-bye to those four-hooved, snot dripping, dung clinging, smelly beasts.  Bandits and enemy factions and I suppose even friendly ones since I don't think you have a brand on them.  Of course even if you did I doubt you'll hear of your particular brand showing up in some one's kitchen.

I don't like the idea of poor defencless Cattle roaming around all on their own... ;- ;

Hopefully I'll find them again in the distant future... or maybe the Sea Raiders are already wearing their hides.

herds go away after about 3 days. I once got a herd from a raid and took them to my village hoping to get the cattle request.  I left them outside the village and went off to do something else, came back and they had disappeared.

Turn cheats on and then CTRL + T your way to find those bovine bastards.

I remember when I started playing M&B, I bought some cattle but they were faster than my party...

Still hurts. :sad:

Mikan said:
You mentioned a cattle brand. Can you get your cattle branded in Mount and Blade?

In Warband, no.  In the original, I don't know.  I never played it.

if you lose cattle from a town quest, then youll be in debt 1000 denars plus interest to the guild master's association. no towns will give you a quest until you pay them back :O

This is one of the two things I use the tracking skill for! The other is finding the Marshall. Both involve dumb animals :grin:

As a side note, I knew you could slaughter cattle, but never considered bringing them along as a food source. With the tweak, that might just not be a pain in the ass. Hmm...

Theodoriph said:
This is one of the two things I use the tracking skill for! The other is finding the Marshall. Both involve dumb animals :grin:

Win.

Personally, I always tweak it so they follow me. If I wanted to herd cattle I'd go out west.
Speaking of which, this just occurred to me: has anyone accepted the "herd cattle to X city" quest and then just slaughtered the cows for money? Is this even possible? I seem to remember those herds having a lot of cows.

Charlie Brooker said:
Turn cheats on and then CTRL + T your way to find those bovine bastards.

I remember when I started playing M&B, I bought some cattle but they were faster than my party...

Still hurts. :sad:

WTF xD

Ironfounderson said:
Theodoriph said:

Win.

Personally, I always tweak it so they follow me. If I wanted to herd cattle I'd go out west.
Speaking of which, this just occurred to me: has anyone accepted the "herd cattle to X city" quest and then just slaughtered the cows for money? Is this even possible? I seem to remember those herds having a lot of cows.

Then you'd get raped by the guild master and some caravan guards

Mikan said:
How much beef does one cow produce?

2 inventory slots.

Also i remember back in original M&B once you got like 3-400 days into the game the price of fresh beef skyrocketed.  i remember getting like 4-500 bucks for a single slab of beef.  ( also this was in native)    did this carry over to wb.  im at day 460 something and its still like 60 bucks for a slab when i sell it and thats on a good day.

You don't get much money, each slaughtered cow gives 2 sides of beef and if you sell more than 3 or 4 at one place, the price drops. After 10 or more you are lucky if you get 10gp each

Back
Top Bottom